Its Tera 2 or a copy

2»

Comments

• Well our only hope for Tera 2 or something similar were that. Or this one mr Air but guess this one isnt likeTera at all.

• Nope. its tab target too and UE3. XD
    I am at a lost of what next mmo to play.
  • MorokuMoroku ✭✭✭
    Tab target games in 2019 OMEGALUL
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moroku wrote: »
    Tab target games in 2019 OMEGALUL

and using the old tera engine graphic :3
  • Astellia is gender-locked. Have fun with that [filtered].
  • vkobe wrote: »
    Barunson E&A is using a newer build of Unreal Engine 3 (Epic added enhancements over time to better handle open world designs like the ones used in MMO's) from when they started development (6 years ago). TERA uses a much older build from around 2007ish when it was designed primarily for first person shooters.
    Bonbonnie wrote: »
    Astellia is gender-locked. Have fun with that [filtered].
    The producer for the western version has stated they will be un-gender locking it for the global version.
    Q: There are many MMORPG players who would prefer each class having both genders. Is this available in Astellia?

A: Currently the KR Build is fully gender-locked, but based on input from the community we are working to make both genders available for each class. We currently plan to have 2 classes un-gender locked by launch with the others following until all classes have equal options. For classes that are unlocked after launch, we will make sure players can change their characters one time for free.
    Source: https://mmoculture.com/2019/02/astellia-massive-interview-with-barunson-ea-on-upcoming-western-server/
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    Barunson E&A is using a newer build of Unreal Engine 3 (Epic added enhancements over time to better handle open world designs like the ones used in MMO's) from when they started development (6 years ago). TERA uses a much older build from around 2007ish when it was designed primarily for first person shooters.
    Bonbonnie wrote: »
    Astellia is gender-locked. Have fun with that [filtered].
    The producer for the western version has stated they will be un-gender locking it for the global version.
    Q: There are many MMORPG players who would prefer each class having both genders. Is this available in Astellia?

A: Currently the KR Build is fully gender-locked, but based on input from the community we are working to make both genders available for each class. We currently plan to have 2 classes un-gender locked by launch with the others following until all classes have equal options. For classes that are unlocked after launch, we will make sure players can change their characters one time for free.
    Source: https://mmoculture.com/2019/02/astellia-massive-interview-with-barunson-ea-on-upcoming-western-server/

yup, but the graphic look old and we will be in 2020 soon with rtx/ps5/xbox 2 generation :/

is just a little dissapoint for me to see than new mmorpg in 2019 have worst graphic than black desert :/
  • There's no nonhuman races in it.. so looks interesting. But i like the puppy mount :3. If that's what they're going with I'll take a distant wait and see option on it.
  • another mmo with a GENDER AND CLASS RESTRICTION when nexo gonna learn that lesson?
  • that Astellia Online reminds me more of Aion then TERA. Tab targetting, and the UI, looks Aion like. I wouldn't waste a second with this game, can't play games like that anymore.
  • Old Unreal Engine, genderlocked. Everybody has his\her own elin pet. User Interface is same (crap) as in tera. Look at skill list, its sdame color, same layout. Same for that small popup window, just tera. I noticed multiple assets for enviroments that are tera. Then that tab targetting, if i wanted tab targetting i would play wow.
  • I see nothing wrong with tab-target mmos in this age, as they usually allow more leniency with higher pings and I'm all good for it.
    There was an age where you could actually call online games global, people didn't even know how latency worked properly and hardcore competitiveness wasn't a thing.

Sadly that age is over and now we are plagued with games designed for, and by a country that has no problem themselves with connections or networking.

Elitists will say "oh, that south american 3rd world babyrage", but come on, who never felt a connection issue on TERA (and lots of others, my special regards to BnS where probably only a selected few Texans have good latency)?
    I'm from Brazil, yes, and we are not even in the worst scenario (My feels for fellow aussies and people from far east that don't have their version of games, maybe one day internet infrastructure won't hinder our enjoyment).

Cutting all the crap above, if Astellia happen to do a good job with that aspect, I'm all up for it, even if it's UE3 all again.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited March 14
    I guess just a typical Korean money making scheme to make a shtty cheap as possible MMORPG and bet on success and make it p2w.

Latency is not an issue for Koreans because it's a small country and has very good infrastructure and almost every there has FTTH/Fiber Optic. If you would play from the most border of South korea and connect to for example Seoul you would still have single digit ping. Theres nothing that can be done to lower latency from long distances due to how fast light travels in vacuum and other variables like reflection angle within cable or you would have to bend the law of physics.

Because I have cable and I live 300km away from the server I only have 20ms and 15ms is wasted from copper cable limitations.
    I notice people with Fiber optic are also connected to much better backbones and have much lower ping too from there.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lapomko wrote: »
    If you would play from the most border of South korea and connect to for example Seoul you would still have single digit ping.

so is mean tera in north korea is single digit ping ? :3