[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

TERA 2016 Preview

124678

Comments

  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troyzerk wrote: »
    I can't stand that they keep leaving the berserker out on EVERY single patch... i've been waiting patiently for them to give the class the strength it is entitled to since the time that they have fallen from top dog, to being rarely even seen in the games dungeons... WTF BHS and EME? Where is the love for your old classes? You have kept the berserker on the brink of being an OBSOLETE class for the last several patches! And for anyone who disagrees? I challange you to attempt the new dungeons and survive with optimal dps using only evasive smash in your DPS mode to evade. No usage of the evasive roll and you'll see what i mean about an obsolete class. Please, show the berserker some love! We drain our HP with overcharge and have the slowest atk speed and lowest survivability in the game. All that risk for nothing. I know it seems like im complaining but if you play the class and try, you'll see for yourself. Increase our max guard value, give us abilities that scale damage with having less remaining HP. Make us have a REASON to go "berserk" at low health, rather than just blocking and waiting for a heal, GO NUTS! I love berserkers in RPGs. ZERKER LOVE PEOPLE!

    Berserker was just buffed during Patch 42.06 (Ninja), and is about to be buffed again. I have also cleared everything but SSHM perfectly with my Slaughter Berserker with fair damage given the gear and if I'm not completely unlucky with crits. During the interview they also discussed Berserker briefly and they can't realistically rework every class, they can only do one at a time and they chose it to be Sorcerer. Unsure as to who is next but they seem to have already briefly mentioned they do have plans for Warrior, Archer and maybe ideas for Berserker as they understand some of the frustrations.
  • TianaTiana ✭✭✭
    I don't want to spam Nexon for male based items, costumes, classes and so on... But it looks like it's the only choice.

    Also, any lore fillers? Any holes we're going to have fixed?
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    It sounds like the big upcoming balance will at least do some for the other classes. Sorc is just the first one to get the most amount of attention.
  • MadameDryIceMadameDryIce ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    As a hard core player of sorcs for over a full decade in 9 MMOs, I for one am truly hoping we get some decent fair play in this mix!

    When you say a sorc is 'balanced' you need to make sure their totals add up to the average for any other class or you are just shorting us out big time.

    We were once legendary for vast volumes of damage to the levels of our own vulnerabilities.

    I know TERA makes the cutest little critters I have ever seen in any game [ B&S (aka 'That game which must never be named) included] it has had a reputation of horribly shorting the sorc class on total atk to this point which I have witnessed as well as a resulting drop in class usage due to player disillusionment.

    Also, to date, this is one of like 3 of all of the known MMOs to completely fail to use lightning in some form or another.

    To top that off, our range is so short we are virtual Ji-hadi because we have to stand in the face of a mob and stand there and rick a one hit mechanic just to deliver on our attacks such as Flame Pillar.

    Flame Pillar is about pointless when we have no armor to withstand enemy attacks.

    If you don't kill the mob with it you may be dead before you can do much else.

    We should either have a considerably longer range [so should an archer since they are 100% ranged] or considerably shorter cooldowns on our escape skills.

    Also, if any of you are sorc players, have you ever noticed that Teleport Jaunt ONLY works on flat, level, unobstructed ground?

    What kind of teleport is that?

    Any object down to a bump in the map, any minor change in angle greater than 5 degrees up or down and you wasted your skill while going absolutely nowhere.

    I assure you, most of the skills we have are not only not damaging, most mobs our own level are immune to them.

    The only reason I even survive in play is because I run with a good friend who is a world class tanker.

    I say that TPJ cooldown should be AT LEAST as fast as a reaper's dash. Same with backstep. Glacial retreat, while it is not bad, also has the problem that you can not jump up over anything if your back is against it.

    To re-assert, I am hoping they give us more power, more range, and/or faster escape options.

    And when the next levels DO come about, I'm going to really be a dog about lightning skills!
  • I tried using the Nexon site and could not access any place to send questions.
  • I tried using the Nexon site and could not access any place to send questions.
    Renora wrote: »
    Haynsworth wrote: »
    wrote:


    We understand the opinions about new popori class or male classes, but more players prefer female class, so we release more female classes. (And this might be the best time to admit that the next new class is also a female class.)


    Have they ever thought that this is because there is no options for males, theres a lack of costumes and of course classes. Maybe fixing this will get more people playing males.

    Hear, hear. Why would you alienate a portion of your player-base by catering solely to the other? So far, I believe Reaper is the only one that makes any amount of sense to be race/gender-locked if for no other reason than it is founded in (semi)logical lore. The whole "women more compatible with will suits" is a little weak and as far as I know there is NO explanation as to why human ladies are the only ones who can be brawlers.

    You know what makes sense? Castanics and Elves -- men AND women -- being able to play Gunners, if we're operating under the assumption it was those two races who came together to create the arc cannons. You know what would be awesome? Popori Brawler. Baraka Brawler! Actually, Baraka Gunner would be amazing, too. Boomraka!

    I would love an Elin with a smg =P

    But realistically yes a gunner should be big and burly, seeing as the thing is an arc-CANNON and should kick like an enraged basilisk, seems a frail, spritely race should not be well suited to it.

    And although I truly enjoy my Elin ninja, it seems that a lithe, tall race like Human or Castanic should be able to move pretty fast with those giant shurikens, unless speed just happens to be a race based advantage.
  • MadameDryIceMadameDryIce ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I want to build a spin-off mod called "Eden of TERA: Elin Primordial" which is based as a semi-separate world linked through Popolion by way of a special warp gate high up on the mother tree in Pore Elinu, where Seren and Karas reside on the other side, and it would go from lvl 66 to say lvl 100 at least, with options for all races to begin to deviate from 'normal' to either go 'enlightened' (ethereal) or 'primordial' (more beast like) with corresponding specialized skill sets, but of course, I lack the money or the licensed permission to, so for now, its just a thought...

    Until it becomes a movement.
  • RenoraRenora ✭✭
    TERA isn't exactly founded in realism! I would love to see all classes open to all races with perhaps Reaper as the only exception. It would just be more fun.
  • can u just fix my custom hack plz?
  • I apologize if this has already been asked, but all I see here is more dungeons, new skill animations and guild content that already looks bad considering only a handful of guilds actually have a decent amount of active members.

    So ignoring all of that, I want to know if there will be any -Real- content, quests, maps, an actual story line that doesn't last 10-15mins (IoD) rather than shoving minuscule amounts of lore into dungeons that don't last very long, something that makes RPG games what they are, is there any plans for something along those lines?
  • Solona wrote: »
    I want to know if there will be any -Real- content, quests, maps, an actual story line that doesn't last 10-15mins (IoD) rather than shoving minuscule amounts of lore into dungeons that don't last very long, something that makes RPG games what they are, is there any plans for something along those lines?
    You'd need a time machine to return to 2011 for something like that.
  • is wonderholm being removed soon?
  • RenoraRenora ✭✭
    Solona wrote: »
    I apologize if this has already been asked, but all I see here is more dungeons, new skill animations and guild content that already looks bad considering only a handful of guilds actually have a decent amount of active members.

    So ignoring all of that, I want to know if there will be any -Real- content, quests, maps, an actual story line that doesn't last 10-15mins (IoD) rather than shoving minuscule amounts of lore into dungeons that don't last very long, something that makes RPG games what they are, is there any plans for something along those lines?

    Lore-packed content would be nice!
  • are you guys gonna take away the animation lock in the ninjas and brawlers ? in pvp those seconds of animation lock can kill older classes really easy ! am not saying to remove them ( because in pve come very handy) am just saying to blocked them from pvp
Sign In or Register to comment.