Choosing a class to main

Hey guys, so I have 3 characters that I played, Valkyrie, Reaper and Slayer. I made them to test their gameplay and they felt somewhat similar and I enjoyed playing all of them, yet I still have no idea of which one I should focus on.
So, I want to ask for end game perspective, which one of those classes is better for the current meta for both PvP and PvE?
Like which one is the best for mass PvP(not exactly a fan of 1v1) and getting up there, racking dps numbers for Dungeons?

Answers

• PvP: Reaper >Valkyrie> Slayer
    If you can master a Reaper full, is game over for all the rest. For pvp.

If you want Pve both Valk and Reaper are semi good
    Slayer is the priest of dps for pve. Almost zero damage.
  • Gatokatzen wrote: »
    PvP: Reaper >Valkyrie> Slayer

Slayer is that bad atm?
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    azevossler wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »

Slayer is that bad atm?

He's wrong. Slayer and Reaper are equal for PvP. And Valk is a dead class with all the pvp nerfs it got.

As for PvE they are all nearly equal with Talents and played well.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    edited February 21
    > @azevossler said:
    > Gatokatzen wrote: »
    >
    > PvP: Reaper >Valkyrie> Slayer
    > If you can master a Reaper full, is game over for all the rest. For pvp.
    >
    > If you want Pve both Valk and Reaper are semi good
    > Slayer is the priest of dps for pve. Almost zero damage.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Slayer is that bad atm?

Not at all, for pvp 3 classes are very good. 1vs1, Reason to people blame valk is because Gunner, sorc archer, berserker are OP in pvp now due to extreme damage and almost zero cooldowns specially zerk.

But slayer for PVE isnt good at all. Among the classes that you mentioned. You need to farming talents, spend a lot of time to balance that damage in PVE.
    While other 2 classes dont depend of that.
  • edited February 21
    Ray676 wrote: »

Slayer is that bad atm?

He's wrong. Slayer and Reaper are equal for PvP. And Valk is a dead class with all the pvp nerfs it got.

As for PvE they are all nearly equal with Talents and played well.

I did notice people saying that Valk got nerfed, it sounds like it hurts the class so bad in PvP.
  • Gatokatzen wrote: »
    > @azevossler said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Not at all, for pvp 3 classes are very good. 1vs1, Reason to people blame valk is because Gunner, sorc archer, berserker are OP in pvp now due to extreme damage and almost zero cooldowns specially zerk.

But slayer for PVE isnt good at all. Among the classes that you mentioned. You need to farming talents, spend a lot of time to balance that damage in PVE.

but at the end of the day we need to farm all those talents with any classes right?
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    > @azevossler said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

but at the end of the day we need to farm all those talents with any classes right?

talents are account wide per server so yes you can farm ep points on alts etc. play a class you like, someone who mastered their class can beat other people playing fotm or "op" faceroll classes with counter play etc, sure its not going to be easy but its fun. pve wise classes are decently balanced compared to before again its up to the player to know their class etc.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    > @azevossler said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I'm telling you that slayer isn't bad in pve at all. Do you even play the game at a high level? Slayers are good
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    Any class will do fine.
    As has always been the case, player skill matters most.

I also highly recommend avoiding choosing based on current meta unless you plan on constantly swapping mains.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    popo brawler :3
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im gonna say to you OP, what i tell everyone:

Main the class that you like the most. In the end, if you like it a lot, you will master it, and once you master it, PvE or PvP, it wont matter, you gonna strive to become good with that class.

So dont make the mistake many new players do when creating their first character, based on the opinions of the rest. You will do yourself a great favor, by choosing the class you feel the most comfortable with, instead of choosing the class the others chose for you, cause really, if you go by the "meta" you wont have any fun at all.
  • Amen, he said the true, I play warrior ,valk, Mystic and priest as my mains all of them are trash vs overdoped ninjas, Brawlers, archer or gunners. But I love them.
    I am also casual lancer and sorc due to enchant cost. Enjoy the class, that you want. Even if do zero damage or isnt popular.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    Im gonna say to you OP, what i tell everyone:

Main the class that you like the most. In the end, if you like it a lot, you will master it, and once you master it, PvE or PvP, it wont matter, you gonna strive to become good with that class.

So dont make the mistake many new players do when creating their first character, based on the opinions of the rest. You will do yourself a great favor, by choosing the class you feel the most comfortable with, instead of choosing the class the others chose for you, cause really, if you go by the "meta" you wont have any fun at all.

great point, if the dps gap isn't wide then might as well pick the class that I enjoyed the most.