More updates to the TERA x PUBG Event! Check the announcements for further details: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30912/more-pubg-x-tera-event-updates/p1?new=1
TERA x PUBG is available on all platforms! Learn about our fun crossover event with here: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-x-pubg

skip tutorial question. (ps4)

so i skipped the tutorial then it spawns me after the horse quest but without a horse. so how do i get my first horse if i skip the tutorial?
checked my riding skills and inventory. no horse there :/

Comments

• I am on Xbox, but those types of things "usually" work the same way, on both consoles. I just now created a new character, to test that out. As an Elite member, each of my characters gets a flying steed off the bat, but I did not use that or any other Elite bonuses, because I was testing. I noticed on the option to skip the tutorial that it included a warning I would miss out on some quest items, so I am guessing the horse is one of those things. I tried flying to Velika, but the guy near the Pegasus platform did not have the horse for me. I then flew to Stepstone Isle, and I was able to go to the beginning and run through the entire Stepstone Isle quests, like I normally would. Of course, the game started me at level 13, with level 10 weapon and level 11 armor, so I was basically one-shotting all of the enemies, which made the Stepstone Isle quests MUCH faster and easier than usual. I also left there as level 15, and with extra gear I did not need, so I can sell those items to NPC merchants and put some of them up in the Trade Broker for sale. I got almost no "drops" from monsters, because I was over-level for most of Stepstone Isle, but I still got some benefits from running through it really quickly. At the end of Stepstone Isle, I was able to fly to Velika and pick up the horse from the guy there. Apparently, if you need that free horse at the beginning, you will still need to go to Stepstone Isle and go through that, to get to the horse reward, but at least you still have the option of going back and doing that, much more quickly and easily than you would have done it, if you had started at level 1.
  • hmm interesting info there. i did it and same results as you then someone told me there's some npc in lumbertown's stable that sells horses for 20g. that could be an alternative to doing the quests allover. well if you got other chars 20g isnt much but for a fresh character that amount might take a bit to get.
  • Ramin2100 wrote: »
    hmm interesting info there. i did it and same results as you then someone told me there's some npc in lumbertown's stable that sells horses for 20g. that could be an alternative to doing the quests allover. well if you got other chars 20g isnt much but for a fresh character that amount might take a bit to get.

I have seen the stable in Lumbertown, during previous playthroughs, but I did not realize they sold horses there (I never checked for that). I agree that it would be a good option for those who already have characters with gold, but doing Stepstone Isle is probably the best bet for someone who needs to get a free steed.
  • I believe a fix will be coming in an up-coming Maintenance, that will deliver the Bay Gelding Mount to all players who skipped the Tutorial after that feature was introduced, and also add a quest that delivers the Mount, for those who skip the Tutorial going forward.
  • I believe a fix will be coming in an up-coming Maintenance, that will deliver the Bay Gelding Mount to all players who skipped the Tutorial after that feature was introduced, and also add a quest that delivers the Mount, for those who skip the Tutorial going forward.

@CobaltDragon - Thanks a lot for that information. When I created that test character yesterday, I went ahead and did BAMs and dungeons to level 60 (I have been meaning to create more level 65 Brawlers anyway, just for farming tokens, etc.). After today's update, and using one of my mains to farm PUBG characters, I logged into that test character to continue leveling her, and I had a Parcel Post message stating that the Bay Gelding issue was now resolved for new characters, and anyone who had already skipped the levels will receive the mount. I guess it was included with today's PUBG update file. If anyone else skipped the tutorial, and still needs the Bay Gelding Mount, they should go ahead and log into that character. :)

Also, I have no idea when they fixed it, but I decided to try using my Valkyrie's "Chooser of the Slain" scroll on my alt gamertag today. It actually worked, so that gamertag received the "Chooser of the Slain" feat and title. Anyone still waiting to use that scroll should be able to go in and use it now. :)

I used my "Chooser of the Slain" scroll on my main gamertag, on the first day. It simply disappeared and did nothing, because they were not working at the time. My main gamertag does not have the title, nor the feat, and she no longer has a scroll to activate them. Now that I know that is working, I have submitted a support ticket, requesting they either add the title and feat to that character, or send her a new scroll and I can activate it. That character has the "Fate Weaver" and other titles, but I also still want the other title and feat that I earned. Once I hear back on the ticket, I will post an update here, so that people know what to do, if they have the same situation. :)
  • UPDATE - In my message above, I promised to provide everyone with an update to the Valkyrie "Chooser of the Slain" scroll. I messaged support, letting them know that I had used my scroll early in the Valkyrie event, which caused the scroll to disappear, but it did not apply the title nor the achievement. The scroll's apparently work now (I don't know when they were fixed, but they work now). I received the following reply from support:

"My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you. We do not usually do this but as a courtesy, we have provided a Chooser of the Slain scroll to your character. Please kindly check your parcel for the said scroll."

I received the scroll and it gave me the title and achievement. If anyone else had the same issue (you used the scroll during the event, when they were not working), then you may want to submit a support ticket, if you want a replacement scroll. If you received your scroll after it became known that they were not working, and you still have it, then it will work now. :)
  • KozyEmiKozyEmi
    edited March 11
    I believe a fix will be coming in an up-coming Maintenance, that will deliver the Bay Gelding Mount to all players who skipped the Tutorial after that feature was introduced, and also add a quest that delivers the Mount, for those who skip the Tutorial going forward.

There may be a problem with the free inventory quest too for people who skip the tutorial. I noticed when I skipped the tutorial on my Brawler she has a smaller inventory than my characters who did not skip the tutorial since she didn't get the free inventory upgrade.

If I try to pay for one once I get up to 80 gold for the upgrade her inventory is 56 slots and my other characters when they get to it costing 80g have 64 slots. I didn't try upgrading all the way on my brawler because there is another problem with that character so I might have to delete her and remake her to fix the inventory problem and another problem skipping the tutorial might have caused. I wish I had noticed those bugs before I had leveled her and used some of the equipment I was saving for her :( Skipping the tutorial gave me a quest that isn't possible to do anymore and won't let me abandon it. It's the Redeployment quest, a level 7 quest on the isle of dawn to speak with Bipi at the base of the tower. I think a basilisk ate Bipi because she's not there and that's certainly not a level 7 area!
  • edited March 11
    @KozyEmi - I also noticed the missing free inventory space, when I did a test character a few days ago.

I also noticed the Level 7 "Redeployment" quest. I tried everything I could think of again today, on that test character (now level 65). The Unstuck command did not do anything. According to the quest, it was given to you by someone named "Teil" and you are supposed to talk with someone named "Bipi". The quest shows up in my quest list, and it shows up on my playing screen as a quest, but trying to display the quest zone marker does nothing and I can't find it using my World Map, even though I have it as an active tracked quest. I even searched all over Stepstone Isle, Island of Dawn (including every outpost), Velika (at least the area near the headquarters), Crecentia, and Lumbertown, but I could not find anyone named either "Teil" nor "Bipi". I created another test character today, and this time I did the full Stepstone Isle intro, instead of skipping. Even after completing that, and getting to Velika as a level 13 character, the quest "Redeployment" does NOT show up as an available quest for my new test character, so that quest is apparently only available to people who skip the tutorial. Based on what I saw, plus @CobaltDragon 's comment that there is supposed to be a new quest later, for those who skip the tutorial, I have a "feeling" that Bluehole "may have" already put the quest text in for those who skip the tutorial, but they have not yet put the actual quest into the game. That is just a "wild guess", but that is what it looks like to me. We will "probably" see that actual quest working in a future update.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (Xb1 NA Lakan ) ✭✭
    KozyEmi wrote: »
    I believe a fix will be coming in an up-coming Maintenance, that will deliver the Bay Gelding Mount to all players who skipped the Tutorial after that feature was introduced, and also add a quest that delivers the Mount, for those who skip the Tutorial going forward.

There may be a problem with the free inventory quest too for people who skip the tutorial. I noticed when I skipped the tutorial on my Brawler she has a smaller inventory than my characters who did not skip the tutorial since she didn't get the free inventory upgrade.

If I try to pay for one once I get up to 80 gold for the upgrade her inventory is 56 slots and my other characters when they get to it costing 80g have 64 slots. I didn't try upgrading all the way on my brawler because there is another problem with that character so I might have to delete her and remake her to fix the inventory problem and another problem skipping the tutorial might have caused. I wish I had noticed those bugs before I had leveled her and used some of the equipment I was saving for her :( Skipping the tutorial gave me a quest that isn't possible to do anymore and won't let me abandon it. It's the Redeployment quest, a level 7 quest on the isle of dawn to speak with Bipi at the base of the tower. I think a basilisk ate Bipi because she's not there and that's certainly not a level 7 area!
    @KozyEmi - I also noticed the missing free inventory space, when I did a test character a few days ago.

I also noticed the Level 7 "Redeployment" quest. I tried everything I could think of again today, on that test character (now level 65). The Unstuck command did not do anything. According to the quest, it was given to you by someone named "Teil" and you are supposed to talk with someone named "Bipi". The quest shows up in my quest list, and it shows up on my playing screen as a quest, but trying to display the quest zone marker does nothing and I can't find it using my World Map, even though I have it as an active tracked quest. I even searched all over Stepstone Isle, Island of Dawn (including every outpost), Velika (at least the area near the headquarters), Crecentia, and Lumbertown, but I could not find anyone named either "Teil" nor "Bipi". I created another test character today, and this time I did the full Stepstone Isle intro, instead of skipping. Even after completing that, and getting to Velika as a level 13 character, the quest "Redeployment" does NOT show up as an available quest for my new test character, so that quest is apparently only available to people who skip the tutorial. Based on what I saw, plus @CobaltDragon 's comment that there is supposed to be a new quest later, for those who skip the tutorial, I have a "feeling" that Bluehole "may have" already put the quest text in for those who skip the tutorial, but they have not yet put the actual quest into the game. That is just a "wild guess", but that is what it looks like to me. We will "probably" see that actual quest working in a future update.

Back in the early days of PC, Island of Dawn was the starting area and not in complete ruin. My guess is that this quest was one of the starting quests from that time and somehow made its way into the "skipped tutorial" function.
  • Note to self send ticket about title for Valkyrie after using scroll and getting no titile, nice to know this is fixed just hope the resend the scroll. Is the mount issue fixed for those who have skipped ?
  • edited March 13
    VoodooRose wrote: »
    Note to self send ticket about title for Valkyrie after using scroll and getting no titile, nice to know this is fixed just hope the resend the scroll. Is the mount issue fixed for those who have skipped ?

I had recently logged into that test character I created, and I received a parcel post message that the Bay Gelding issue was resolved for those who had skipped the Stepstone Isle intro. Before then, I had already taken my character and rushed through Stepstone Isle to get the mount, so I do not know what it would have looked like to someone who had skipped it and still did not have the Bay Gelding. If you have a character who skipped the intro, then I recommend logging into that character and seeing if you receive it via parcel post. If not, check your inventory for the training book, and/or check your riding skills, to see if it now appears there. They are supposed to be adding an extra quest later, for people who skip the intro to earn the mount.
  • Exipheus wrote: »

Back in the early days of PC, Island of Dawn was the starting area and not in complete ruin. My guess is that this quest was one of the starting quests from that time and somehow made its way into the "skipped tutorial" function.

I wonder if that story quest being stuck and unable to complete has other consequences later in the story for characters that skipped the tutorial. like does it affect the other story lines somehow or prevent one from starting until the old one is completed? I deleted my brawler that skipped and am just going through the tutorial on her so I don't miss out on the extra inventory space and also don't have a stuck quest that might cause other issues later in game too.
    Exipheus wrote: »

I wonder if that story quest being stuck and unable to complete has other consequences later in the story for characters that skipped the tutorial. like does it affect the other story lines somehow or prevent one from starting until the old one is completed? I deleted my brawler that skipped and am just going through the tutorial on her so I don't miss out on the extra inventory space and also don't have a stuck quest that might cause other issues later in game too.

No, it has no effect on the game. That story quest was back before the story received a revamp. It cannot be completed because it isn't active in the game. The Stepstone Isle tutorial replaced that quest and others that were around when Island of Dawn was the tutorial area.
  • Exipheus wrote: »

No, it has no effect on the game. That story quest was back before the story received a revamp. It cannot be completed because it isn't active in the game. The Stepstone Isle tutorial replaced that quest and others that were around when Island of Dawn was the tutorial area.

I was worried maybe even though the quest area didn't exist anymore that not completing it would hold up another story quest from being given or starting. happy that's not the case! I still recreated my brawler though I didnt want to have a smaller inventory. i need those extra 8 inventory spots :)

I was worried maybe even though the quest area didn't exist anymore that not completing it would hold up another story quest from being given or starting. happy that's not the case! I still recreated my brawler though I didnt want to have a smaller inventory. i need those extra 8 inventory spots :)

No, Tera's questline only requires you to be the appropriate level. You could do it out of order if you wish ^.^