[PS4/XB1] We will be entering maintenance on 08/19 at 7pm, and expect a downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Gear Revamp

Comments

• LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    " Make/buy a quatrefoil brooch now because once april comes you wont get the chance anymore. "

@Maximumbooty could you elaborate on this? will the quatrefoil brooch no longer be listed in the crafting menu?
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    Lingyi wrote: »
    " Make/buy a quatrefoil brooch now because once april comes you wont get the chance anymore. "

@Maximumbooty could you elaborate on this? will the quatrefoil brooch no longer be listed in the crafting menu?

All designs and learned designs for it will be removed.
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    edited March 6
    @Exipheus wait, ALL designs including the ones already learned? so post-revamp players will be crafting new items in order to master a craft, if they have already? I thought etchings will still be craftable ? .-.
  • RustigoRustigo ✭✭
    Wait will it only be quatrefoil brooch that's removed? or will more designs be removed?

Also will Quatrefoil be better then what's available after patch?
    Rustigo wrote: »
    Wait will it only be quatrefoil brooch that's removed? or will more designs be removed?

Also will Quatrefoil be better then what's available after patch?
    @Exipheus wait, ALL designs including the ones already learned? so post-revamp players will be crafting new items in order to master a craft, if they have already? I thought etchings will still be craftable ? .-.

If you run Harrowhold, you can get the Marrow Brooch which is better than Quatrefoil. That'll most likely be the brooch we have next patch. I believe Deathwrack, Ambush, and Misery designs will go as well. So I recommend crafting any of the gear you wish to craft before revamp.
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    edited March 7
    @Exipheus it makes sense for those items.

Do you know if we can still reliably get feedstock and alkahest to continue enchanting the old gears? I know you can convert old items into tokens that can be exchanged for those two resources, but any other ways?
    @Exipheus it makes sense for those items.

Do you know if we can still reliably get feedstock and alkahest to continue enchanting the old gears? I know you can convert old items into tokens that can be exchanged for those two resources, but any other ways?

Aside from farming low tier feedstock, dismantling gear, or using the new emblems we get from converting old materials, I don't think there is any other way to get feedstock. As for alkahest, I'd guess that the only way is to use the emblems to get more. Best advice I can give is farm as much feedstock and alkahest as you can before revamp and make sure all your gear is crafted as well. Anything less than +12 will not be converted.
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    @Exipheus thanks!
    You're welcome!
  • @Lingyi

Designs and drops will be updated, the items that drop now will never drop again this includes goddess tears and their designs.

The only way to get a qfoil brooch post revamp is to upgrade your brooch upwards of every tier until the update that allows the brooches to all be upgraded to a Qfoil brooch and then superior qfoil.

Only other way until then is to complete HH, get the head and create a marrow brooch.
    Or just be happy with your superior brooch that benefits that class.
  • MordrichMordrich
    edited March 11
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Yes you need billions or trillions of gems , gear revamp cost tons of gold per attempts
    Also gems

Nope if your gear is below misery gear. If your gear is better than misery +12 you can dismantle in to new gear, Twishard, Frosmetal, then stormcry gear.

I strongly recommend you hit deahtwrack +15 or ambush before the patch hit, Cause reach stormcry form twishard will be epic expensive. Vs normal ambush or other gear leveling....

@Gatokatzen

One thing is still confuse me a lil bit. Some players said that awakening a gear piece no more exist after gear revamp but we can still enchant a T12 gear, for example: Deathw. with alk and T12-feedstock after the upgrade. So my DW gear is only Masterw. +12 but not awaken. Is it better not to awaken and waitin until april instead to save some feedstock + MWA (2000 Feed/ 1000 MWA) or should i enchant my gear now to +15?
  • P.S.: is the extensive (golden) and valuable (green) alkahest still usuable as entchanting mats after the patch?
    edited March 14
    Mordrich wrote: »
    P.S.: is the extensive (golden) and valuable (green) alkahest still usuable as entchanting mats after the patch?

At this point, don't awaken anything that isn't already awakened. Save your feed and alk for post revamp, then enchant to +15. Yes, I believe they're still usable after revamp.
  • I used up all my feeds on fails to try to get my ambush to +12 obvious not even close on some of it, needless to say I'm a little nervous to try to get it there now..... lol
  • RustigoRustigo ✭✭
    whats the pot revamp? will it make finishing the enchanting on the old equipment easier?