[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

Gear Revamp

Comments

• > @Lingyi said:
    > hm sounds like leading the players endlessly with an unreachable carrot, heh.
    >

Vertical progression has always been like that.
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    @Exipheus @CobaltDragon

this was addressed on page two but I'd like to please get 100% sure and verified confirmation. Will the special alkahest (personal, extensive, premium) be usable to enchant the older gears, like ambush and deathwrack, after the revamp? in fact, will all alkahest still work?

I read from old forums that the special ones stop working. In order to better prepare and get a head start post-revamp, I really need to know the answer to this so that I won't be wasting gold on things that become useless.

Thank you!
  • @Lingyi
    I asked En Masse but they dont want to give me infomation until the patch is ready to serve.
    So nobody can rly guarantee u that all the content is the same as the PC version is.

• RustigoRustigo ✭✭
    I think it will be converted to new Mats but I might be wrong
  • Lingyi wrote: »
    @Exipheus @CobaltDragon
    Will the special alkahest (personal, extensive, premium) be usable to enchant the older gears, like ambush and deathwrack, after the revamp? in fact, will all alkahest still work?
    I read from old forums that the special ones stop working. In order to better prepare and get a head start post-revamp, I really need to know the answer to this so that I won't be wasting gold on things that become useless.
    Thank you!
    I want to provide you with an accurate answer, but until all of the conversions rates are released publicly, I cannot answer this question.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    Lingyi wrote: »

this was addressed on page two but I'd like to please get 100% sure and verified confirmation. Will the special alkahest (personal, extensive, premium) be usable to enchant the older gears, like ambush and deathwrack, after the revamp? in fact, will all alkahest still work?

Thank you!
    You can use this as a little reference, but take note that this may or may not reflect what we get on console 100%. It should serve as a general guideline: https://essentialmana.com/gear-revamp-guide/
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    oof, this is really tough on players that want to start saving up resources to enchant gears when the revamp comes and takes away the awakening cost.

i'm aware of Essential Mana guides.

I just wanted to know if the special ones are usable. But okay, I guess I can take faith in that the regular alkehests will be usable still.

@CobaltDragon do you know when the conversion rates, and thus the answer to my question, might be released, in respect to the revamp?

Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate them nonetheless.
  • Lingyi wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon do you know when the conversion rates, and thus the answer to my question, might be released, in respect to the revamp?
    Regretfully no.
    I don't know when that information will be made public.
    There may be a chance, that conversion rates will not announced beforehand, and only made public on the actual day of the update. (Included within Patch Notes)
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    okay, so be it. Kudos for the headsup.
  • RustigoRustigo ✭✭
    With the new armor progression, is it just one suit I earn that I continually upgrade? or is it possible to get higher tiers to drop in dungeons?

Will weapons be the same way?

and if it is the same set that I just upgrade I won't need new Crystals at all right? (you know the ones that are bound to the armor they are in)

What about etchings when I convert my weapons and armor will the etchings stay?
  • Its in the news section but no clues on the details maybe we will know before the update hits on the 2nd
  • > @Rustigo said:
    > With the new armor progression, is it just one suit I earn that I continually upgrade? or is it possible to get higher tiers to drop in dungeons?
    >
    > Will weapons be the same way?
    >
    > and if it is the same set that I just upgrade I won't need new Crystals at all right? (you know the ones that are bound to the armor they are in)
    >
    > What about etchings when I convert my weapons and armor will the etchings stay?

Yes 1 suit given to ypu or converted by you that you continuous upgrade into higher tiers

No new crystals itll.make you remove them first before upgrading
    Etchings are not lost upon +ing gear BUT upgrading your gear to a new TIER guardian to twistshard for example it will be lost.
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    @Rustigo adding to what @Maximumbooty said.. dyads, however, will be lost when you upgrade from one tier to the next.
  • Guys, I literally don’t understand why not to release conversation rates prior to the patch, from the gamers POV. Obviously I have around 1 mil bel and 500k killing spree and I want to know whether I would be able to buy anything for those credits after patch or I would buy smth now or etc. and there are million of things like that, and I’m pretty sure you either don’t know urself, as BH actually doing whatever they want and just give you the facts. Meanwhile EME seems not being to much worried about that as donations are going to be made more if ppl don’t store things that are going to be useful and sell all useless stuff right now. It means less grind and less real money, I get it, but this is disrespectful to the hardcore players.
  • "If conversion rates are released prior to the day-of-update , plenty of players could take advantage of those facts, buying materials from unsuspecting players on Trade Broker for super cheap, and getting a huge boost to their own progression."

This was posted by @CobaltDragon on the EME Discord.

On a personal note, I do wish I knew the rates, so that I could prepare ahead of time, but at the same time I understand that players could completely disrupt the economy and progression if they knew ahead of time.

My suggest is, anything of progressional value (Talismans, Badges, Feedstock, etc.) hoard on, and keep large amounts. This way you'll be prepared!

As the conversion rates will be different from PC, you may see a list of those rates when the Patch Notes release. Before that, is doubtful.

I hope that helps!