[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

News on the Level 70 patch?

Comments

• seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    It's coming fam -- patience is key ! if you have any questions, feel free to ping me on EME discord server !
  • Apologies for the OT...
    And this also probably matters: Lost Ark was released at RU and it will be sooner or later released at NA/EU with a very high anticipation behind it.
    I was playing the KR version of Lost Ark from at least CBT2 through the current OBT; lost potential is what comes to mind with the game (I was initially positive on this game as well). Why? As is somewhat unwritten and standard practice at some Korean studios, the core design team is normally "dispersed" once corporate leadership deems the game launched. In Lost Ark's case, that became academic well before they announced the OBT soft launch date (November 7, 2018) back in September. Things were slightly worse at Smilegate though since the original design and development team that started work on the game were mostly all gone from Tripod Studio (Smilegate's development subsidiary for Lost Ark) as a result of some labor/personnel shenanigans at Smilegate that was uncovered by the labor relations ministry in South Korea.

The news was reported back in October 2018 on Inven but this also explains why CBT3's end game felt worse (compared to what they had in CBT2) and why the current end game in the OBT is just this unsatisfying item level grind gated behind lazily designed item level requirements, limited chaos dungeons (a limited subset of all of the well designed leveling/questing dungeons that were created by the original designers), and limited dailies (3 per day)/weeklies where your main source of gear enchanting material (acrasium/acrasium 2, etc) comes from. This of course isn't unique since content gating of this sort is something we're all familiar with.

The issue I have with Lost Ark's end game is it ended up feeling blatantly calculated/methodical where I found myself logging in, doing my requisite dailies/limited runs, and then logging out. Most of the exploration aspects for sailing/islands that was designed by the original team have been turned into time sinks by the current team (sailing from one island to the other for some of the pre-requisite quests to unlock a song or emote that is critical for progression since unlike continents, you cannot use a liner to fast travel; and even those liners have a ridiculous timer associated with them before you actually depart). Even the first expansion episode with the new contintent (Rohendel) is gated behind an item level as well as having opened up access to the western sea part of the map (which itself entails a grind of obtaining 15 island hearts; some of which are gated behind time limited entry for a particular island and/or have pre-requisites that are also linear in their construct ). The point is that without significant changes for NA/EU (highly unlikely given the original designers are no longer with the company), it won't be immune from the issues that have plagued other Korean MMO's that were brought over to the west; it will see the same initial influx (from the anticipation/hype of something new) but will have longer term issues retaining the less than hardcore players (since the current designers handling the game seem to mainly have item level power creep on the brain).

With that said, there is still designed content that hasn't been released yet including the player housing system (aka private islands); part of which is dependent on the NPC affinity system (a grind in itself) as well as larger scale battlegrounds and sieges (those probably will come after they transition from OBT soft launch into official release). Given how terrible the initial GvG battle map that was launched a few weeks ago is, I'm not confident the current design team will do those other designs and systems justice though.

Back on topic a bit, despite similar designer/developer issues with Bluehole/Krafton for TERA, I found myself appreciating/enjoying those parts of the game I do enjoy a lot more (that doesn't include the higher tier RNG enchanting). So I give Bluehole/Krafton the virtual middle finger by not tryharding gear enchanting once I hit Frostmetal (I only enchant once I cap out on item XP) and will do the same with the "bolt on" systems being added to 65 gear for the level 70 patch. Side gripe -> Likewise, I stopped purchasing EMP since I do not believe that this current low quality effort by EME on the publishing side should be rewarded (like they don't even take the time to reload/update the dressing room; that mess of PUBG items in the dressing room is lazy personified on full display).
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    It's coming fam -- patience is key ! if you have any questions, feel free to ping me on EME discord server !

What do koreans think off this patch? I've only seen bad... If alot of people gonna leave. Enmasse will just close the game like their other games just recently like Kritika. The 2 NA server is a ghost town compared to EU Mystel.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lapomko wrote: »

What do koreans think off this patch? I've only seen bad... If alot of people gonna leave. Enmasse will just close the game like their other games just recently like Kritika. The 2 NA server is a ghost town compared to EU Mystel.

rumor say than korea tera dying after this patch, their server turn into ghost server
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    atleast eu cm's are gonna stream the patch on monday i hear sad that we have to get patch info from another region than our own community team lmfao @KitTeaCup @BearShoes @Halrath @CobaltDragon
  • Nyanta1177Nyanta1177 ✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be that bad when we get it since we usually get most minor patch versions bundled, so a lot of the xp adjustments will be there for us day one as compared to kr where the first few weeks of it were god awful
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    Lapomko wrote: »

I have to disagree here even though i somehow tend to believe that Gameforge cares much more than En Masse and at least they to try to improve the experience for the players on the European servers.

But the 2 NA servers are not like any ghosts towns at all because at least Velika is quite lively with the LFG almost always being active while for example even getting two up to three raids at Rally or even seeing at least five up to ten players if not more sometimes at guardian legion.

What really sucks that the PvP got a really big hit and now we are kinda moving towards more PvE which means less diversity.
    kubitoid wrote: »
    And this also probably matters: Lost Ark was released at RU

it wasnt thou. i just browsed their vk page and it says that cbt starts this summer and obt will take its place later in early autumn. maybe. its being published in ru by worst publisher ever - mail.ru. so nope, no hype. also genderlock. also limited entries. no thanks. lol i can imagine grim dawn with crucible entries limited to 2-3 per day :p

I see.

All that i saw is a lot of hype on Discord about Lost Ark:RU not being region locked and maybe even getting an english patch so that players could go there ( KR has an english patch as well as far as i know though it is complicated to play there mainly due to ping ). But in my case i guess that i will wait until it will be released in EU/NA with proper english coverage.

I got used to Mystel as I just transfered to there and play NA if my friends ask me. The population there is 3 times more than Velika based on moongourd population chart.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22
    kubitoid wrote: »
    And this also probably matters: Lost Ark was released at RU
    it wasnt thou. i just browsed their vk page and it says that cbt starts this summer and obt will take its place later in early autumn. maybe. its being published in ru by worst publisher ever - mail.ru. so nope, no hype. also genderlock. also limited entries. no thanks. lol i can imagine grim dawn with crucible entries limited to 2-3 per day :p

its still better than tera, gender lock, limited entries, low player base, ignorant af and basically non existent staff, for a game with a major patch looming it looks more like a game ready to be shut down lol. not to mention instead of communicating or reading through player questions, talking about the patch/relaying patch info to their customers @KitTeaCup was soooo swamped dealing with twitch prime loot, wow, hooray for that, the ignorance of this company and its down right living in a dream world mentality is quite absurd at this point. but hey congrats on twitch prime loot right? @KitTeaCup the players that you down right ignore and fail to serve as your duty demands would surely love it......
  • edited March 22
    News for the next update is planned to go out next week, it'll call out the update and events surrounding it, plus a teaser of anniversary.

As @counterpoint mentioned, It's been a crazy time here at En Masse, there's a lot going on behind the scenes, and teams are shifting around. I appreciate those that have been really patient and understanding!
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    The problem with Krafton Bluehole is that they based their game in an extreme demanding in time progression game, instead of do a game were gameplay supply that aspect of the game.
    If game were more competitive an less farming gameplay intended. Would be better.

Look at Fornite, Ark evolved , Grand theft Auto or Billonarie EA games. All of them put the players in to create their own kind of game and let them play as they wish, without heavy farming .

I bet Tera needs Unreal engine 4 yes or yes. If people can create their gameplays, people going to spend money. And invest more time without get angry ot bored.
This discussion has been closed.