[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

News on the Level 70 patch?

Comments

• AluhAluh ✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    The problem with Krafton Bluehole is that they based their game in an extreme demanding in time progression game, instead of do a game were gameplay supply that aspect of the game.
    If game were more competitive an less farming gameplay intended. Would be better.

Look at Fornite, Ark evolved , Grand theft Auto or Billonarie EA games. All of them put the players in to create their own kind of game and let them play as they wish, without heavy farming .

I bet Tera needs Unreal engine 4 yes or yes. If people can create their gameplays, people going to spend money. And invest more time without get angry ot bored.

What the F are u smoking? That [filtered] strong af talking non sense
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    It's been a crazy time here at En Masse, there's a lot going on behind the scenes
    what is it? are you planning to close Closers?? :p

Amused.
  • Meanwhile, on EU they get it the 28th.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    > @Aluh said:
    > Gatokatzen wrote: »
    >
    > The problem with Krafton Bluehole is that they based their game in an extreme demanding in time progression game, instead of do a game were gameplay supply that aspect of the game.
    > If game were more competitive an less farming gameplay intended. Would be better.
    >
    > Look at Fornite, Ark evolved , Grand theft Auto or Billonarie EA games. All of them put the players in to create their own kind of game and let them play as they wish, without heavy farming .
    >
    > I bet Tera needs Unreal engine 4 yes or yes. If people can create their gameplays, people going to spend money. And invest more time without get angry ot bored.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What the F are u smoking? That [filtered] strong af talking non sense

Saying the True, Heavy reciclyng content farming games are finished on this age, where open world and full customization games are top. Tera can expect even lesser population by increasing farming levels beyond toleration.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with Krafton Bluehole is that they based their game in an extreme demanding in time progression game, instead of do a game were gameplay supply that aspect of the game.
    If game were more competitive an less farming gameplay intended. Would be better.

Look at Fornite, Ark evolved , Grand theft Auto or Billonarie EA games. All of them put the players in to create their own kind of game and let them play as they wish, without heavy farming .

I bet Tera needs Unreal engine 4 yes or yes. If people can create their gameplays, people going to spend money. And invest more time without get angry ot bored.

Uh... no? At least 2 of the games you listed are pretty bad examples. TERA is an MMO from the days when MMOs were all the rage - a relic of a bygone age, if you will. Fortnite and GTA are, to grossly oversimplify them, open-world 3rd-person shooters. The only similarities between them and TERA are that there is an open world to explore and character customization. Otherwise you're comparing applesauce to an orange Dreamsickle.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    edited March 24
    sanj66 wrote: »
    And this also probably matters: Lost Ark was released at RU
    it wasnt thou. i just browsed their vk page and it says that cbt starts this summer and obt will take its place later in early autumn. maybe. its being published in ru by worst publisher ever - mail.ru. so nope, no hype. also genderlock. also limited entries. no thanks. lol i can imagine grim dawn with crucible entries limited to 2-3 per day :p

its still better than tera, gender lock, limited entries, low player base, ignorant af and basically non existent staff, for a game with a major patch looming it looks more like a game ready to be shut down lol. not to mention instead of communicating or reading through player questions, talking about the patch/relaying patch info to their customers @KitTeaCup was soooo swamped dealing with twitch prime loot, wow, hooray for that, the ignorance of this company and its down right living in a dream world mentality is quite absurd at this point. but hey congrats on twitch prime loot right? @KitTeaCup the players that you down right ignore and fail to serve as your duty demands would surely love it......

let me switch gears a bit go get a life man you seem impatient to wait for major patch when it comes with bugs you get pissed same way be patient nah man
    I went over at Gameforge Tera to read more about the level 70 patch notes since they usually give so much more detalied information and this is what i have found by coincidence...

https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/event-pvp-challenges-3

In other words, they are doing what i heard so many times in the past and that is the fact that they are making the PvP gear to be much more easier to be acquired practically removing the imbalance from the players with +7 PvP gear and the players with +9 PvP gear by giving more PvP materials to players and obviously counter the ridiculous enchanting rates that were inherently given by the developer.

p.s. i am still at +6 after using more than 3k plates since the PvP gear was added eventually giving up on PvP in favor of more PvE

You drop that pvp link from GF like its a permanent change its an event plenty rewarding than the one we have going on here. so i don't get your point there still rng at play the rate will still be high and ur gear will still get damaged i don't see the joy in it anyway that GF is doing something so big.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    it wasnt thou. i just browsed their vk page and it says that cbt starts this summer and obt will take its place later in early autumn. maybe. its being published in ru by worst publisher ever - mail.ru. so nope, no hype. also genderlock. also limited entries. no thanks. lol i can imagine grim dawn with crucible entries limited to 2-3 per day :p

its still better than tera, gender lock, limited entries, low player base, ignorant af and basically non existent staff, for a game with a major patch looming it looks more like a game ready to be shut down lol. not to mention instead of communicating or reading through player questions, talking about the patch/relaying patch info to their customers @KitTeaCup was soooo swamped dealing with twitch prime loot, wow, hooray for that, the ignorance of this company and its down right living in a dream world mentality is quite absurd at this point. but hey congrats on twitch prime loot right? @KitTeaCup the players that you down right ignore and fail to serve as your duty demands would surely love it......

let me switch gears a bit go get a life man you seem impatient to wait for major patch when it comes with bugs you get pissed same way be patient nah man
    I went over at Gameforge Tera to read more about the level 70 patch notes since they usually give so much more detalied information and this is what i have found by coincidence...

In other words, they are doing what i heard so many times in the past and that is the fact that they are making the PvP gear to be much more easier to be acquired practically removing the imbalance from the players with +7 PvP gear and the players with +9 PvP gear by giving more PvP materials to players and obviously counter the ridiculous enchanting rates that were inherently given by the developer.

p.s. i am still at +6 after using more than 3k plates since the PvP gear was added eventually giving up on PvP in favor of more PvE

You drop that pvp link from GF like its a permanent change its an event plenty rewarding than the one we have going on here. so i don't get your point there still rng at play the rate will still be high and ur gear will still get damaged i don't see the joy in it anyway that GF is doing something so big.

let me switch it up and tell you when have eme in recent times since the era of pattrick etc not drop a patch with every single bug that came from ktera and was fixed on ktera but we still got it? lmao can you be more of a whiteknight, eme Q&A team is on a comedy level chapelle cant even compete on. these guys claim to test the game for Q&A reasons yet seem to have no clue what is what, if you even bothered to read the OP the issue was not when or if we get the patch but the silence surrounding it even though it was listed as coming out this month, not even a hey things are a bit busy and we cant deliver due to X or Y, no it was simply if you were in the eme discord, check back next week we might have some info, continuous for multiple weeks. so maybe instead of white knighting you should take your own advice?
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    News for the next update is planned to go out next week, it'll call out the update and events surrounding it, plus a teaser of anniversary.

As @counterpoint mentioned, It's been a crazy time here at En Masse, there's a lot going on behind the scenes, and teams are shifting around. I appreciate those that have been really patient and understanding!

Thanks for the update! TBH it's working out fine as this is tax time, spring cleaning and school testing, so not much time to devote to gaming. I guess teams shifting around will mean new CM's then? Can't wait for the anniversary events. Should have everything done by then except cleaning, but cleaning is never, ever done. :(
  • edited March 25
    Melyodis wrote: »

let me switch it up and tell you when have eme in recent times since the era of pattrick etc not drop a patch with every single bug that came from ktera and was fixed on ktera but we still got it? lmao can you be more of a whiteknight, eme Q&A team is on a comedy level chapelle cant even compete on. these guys claim to test the game for Q&A reasons yet seem to have no clue what is what, if you even bothered to read the OP the issue was not when or if we get the patch but the silence surrounding it even though it was listed as coming out this month, not even a hey things are a bit busy and we cant deliver due to X or Y, no it was simply if you were in the eme discord, check back next week we might have some info, continuous for multiple weeks. so maybe instead of white knighting you should take your own advice?

This thread needs to be less toxic on both sides.

For what it's worth, EME QA team doesn't do overall game testing (that's BHS's job), they test whether the patch they receive does what BHS told them it should (in BHS's provided notes to them), and whether it integrates with EME's custom systems properly. All the regions inherit the same K-TERA bugs because that's as-shipped by BHS, and BHS already knows about them (so telling them is pointless). The QA team is supposed to notify BHS about any bugs they find that are unique to the region or that BHS doesn't know about. If it's a bug on BHS's side, it's entirely up to BHS whether they will fix them. This is not meant to "white knight" them or anyone; this is simply what their job is and why we get the K-TERA bugs anyway. It doesn't mean they don't need a QA process or that the process they have is negligent/incompetent. Reporting bugs is QA's job. Fixing bugs is development's job. For BHS to ship bugs they already know about to the other regions is not a fault of any of the publishers' QA, it's a management decision.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    Mod Edit: This derailment has gone on long enough. Please let it die.
  • Looks like lvl 70 on the 16th April
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    > @Aluh said:
    > Gatokatzen wrote: »
    >
    > The problem with Krafton Bluehole is that they based their game in an extreme demanding in time progression game, instead of do a game were gameplay supply that aspect of the game.
    > If game were more competitive an less farming gameplay intended. Would be better.
    >
    > Look at Fornite, Ark evolved , Grand theft Auto or Billonarie EA games. All of them put the players in to create their own kind of game and let them play as they wish, without heavy farming .
    >
    > I bet Tera needs Unreal engine 4 yes or yes. If people can create their gameplays, people going to spend money. And invest more time without get angry ot bored.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What the F are u smoking? That [filtered] strong af talking non sense

Saying the True, Heavy reciclyng content farming games are finished on this age, where open world and full customization games are top. Tera can expect even lesser population by increasing farming levels beyond toleration.

@Gatokatzen why do you play tera?
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, for anyone interested (since na will likely get a very similar patch), EU dropped patch notes in advance.
    https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-note-80-curse-from-the-skies

Old zones are getting a really ugly looking reskin. Dungeons are getting the 'dungeon coin' treatment. Level cap boosted. etc.
    Dunno when you guys will get this monstrosity of an 'expansion,' but consider yourselves lucky for getting it later. It looks terrible. Dungeon coins will let you run the same dungeon more times, but it appears to let you run less overall content before running out of coins. The level cap is grindy as hell and everyone already knows this. And now, to top it off, even more of the game's pretty maps are being given the island of dawn treatment, with recolored 'new' BAMs to grind for hours. Also there's a new skill upgrading system that's rumored to cost hundreds of thousands of gold, so that's great.
This discussion has been closed.