News on the Level 70 patch?

Comments

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    > @sanj66 said:
    . @KitTeaCup thanks for completely ignoring the entire playerbase and being the complete opposite of what a cm is lmao this is jsut way too funny.

Dude i get youre upset but the incessant heckling, yes incessant its almost every post i read from you now, isnt going to make them speed up any faster or give you anymore than what they will give.

All this is going to accomplish is you getting shadow banned and/or making them bitter/defiant.

You know, I've been kind of nursing a similar concern as Sanj, but I was trying not to say anything since it doesn't really concern me anymore. But posts like yours almost force me to respond, because even though I can see where you're coming from on this, I feel like Sanj's response is appropriate and I'll outline exactly why. I'd also like to preface this by saying that nothing here is meant personally, it's just me writing my thoughts on specific actions taken by staff, not on the staff members as people.

KTC's post was the first actual staff response to a player in the PC section in over two months. You're worried that a highly critical tone might force a "bitter/defiant" response from the EME staff. I would suggest that the staff are already displaying a pattern of bitter and defiant attitudes towards their players by ignoring them for months, only to come out with "no news, because PAX!" You're basically telling someone not to even bring this up for fear that we might get less communication in the future, even though communication is basically at 0 right now. Like... I'm sorry, dude. I worked customer service for years. I get it. But dude. They basically have unpaid volunteers running their forums for them at this point, and only recently, extremely recently, have staff finally remembered that this section exists, long enough to post what amounts to ... nothing.

It really, really looks like some [filtered] went down behind the scenes, which sucks for people who might've lost their jobs in the mess, but honestly if this is how they communicate with all their players in other games, then it's no wonder they had to shut down Kritika, and it's no wonder they have dwindling numbers everywhere else. Like, how hard is it to just check your forums once in the morning and then again before leaving work? It'd take like, a minute to just scroll the general section and less than 10 minutes to write replies to a post or two just so people at least know someone's still alive in the office and reading their posts. Like... think about how this looks from a normal player's point of view: There are less people on than ever before. The staff seem to have stopped responding to the PC forums. The only people even trying to respond to players are unpaid community volunteers. And the big expansion that folks are waiting on won't be announced because a video game convention takes precedence. Couple that with Kritika shutting down, and idk fam, it's just a bad look all around. But whatever, EME can do what they want with their titles! It's clearly working.

tl;dr stop relying on good natured community volunteers and actually engage with your community, but eh what do I know haha byeeeeeeee

Agreed.

To be honest, I fear Closers might be the next game closed.
    Which is a pity, I like that game.
  • > @voidy said:
    > tl;dr stop relying on good natured community volunteers and actually engage with your community, but eh what do I know haha byeeeeeeee

I get where youre coming from.as well and i get it, we want a response but at this point i dont think theyll give more than they want to give.

They have been doing this for a very long time now, every single time they claim theyll be more transparent, theyll engage us more on the forums, not lock info behind discord and it rarely ever happens.

We are constantly in the dark, missing info, given mis info, having to correct the info from a different region etc

Its been going on so long that i feel Sanj, i do, i want to be angry too but i know nothing will change.

But turning up the oven will just make them hide behind their player council shields and people like CounterPoint will pop along to try and EmEsplain and try to appeal to both sides.

How long has this been going on?

A long, exhaustingly long time. I feel like Sanj efforts are just better spent elsewhere.

Remember the proxy debacle? Weve seen how they handle harsh criticism even if it not a personal attack.

It feels like everything EmE is in control of is swirling the drain ready to die

You can stamp and light a fire under them.as much as the next guy but i cant be the only person who sees how pointless this is considering the track record.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    these patch notes were painful to browse. they continue to add meaningless things aka relics halidoms equipment fusion tals yphs etc crap that no sane person needs. meanwhile Grim Dawn addon (Forgotten Gods) is being released tomorrow :p

Aside: I already plan on making an Oppressor (Oathkeeper + Necromancer). You? :smile:
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    SageWindu wrote: »
    kubitoid wrote: »
    these patch notes were painful to browse. they continue to add meaningless things aka relics halidoms equipment fusion tals yphs etc crap that no sane person needs. meanwhile Grim Dawn addon (Forgotten Gods) is being released tomorrow :p

Aside: I already plan on making an Oppressor (Oathkeeper + Necromancer). You? :smile:

me im waiting to see what goes on sale at what price with the forgotten gods expansion and see what bundle i buy to my introduction in to that then work out what im gonna play
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can stamp and light a fire under them.as much as the next guy but i cant be the only person who sees how pointless this is considering the track record.

Yeah I get that. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not losing sleep over this; I hardly play anymore (and when I do it's on EU). I just think it's sad and I check in every so often to see if it's gotten better.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    edited March 27

> @sanj66 said:
    . @KitTeaCup thanks for completely ignoring the entire playerbase and being the complete opposite of what a cm is lmao this is jsut way too funny.

Dude i get youre upset but the incessant heckling, yes incessant its almost every post i read from you now, isnt going to make them speed up any faster or give you anymore than what they will give.

All this is going to accomplish is you getting shadow banned and/or making them bitter/defiant.

You know, I've been kind of nursing a similar concern as Sanj, but I was trying not to say anything since it doesn't really concern me anymore. But posts like yours almost force me to respond, because even though I can see where you're coming from on this, I feel like Sanj's response is appropriate and I'll outline exactly why. I'd also like to preface this by saying that nothing here is meant personally, it's just me writing my thoughts on specific actions taken by staff, not on the staff members as people.

KTC's post was the first actual staff response to a player in the PC section in over two months. You're worried that a highly critical tone might force a "bitter/defiant" response from the EME staff. I would suggest that the staff are already displaying a pattern of bitter and defiant attitudes towards their players by ignoring them for months, only to come out with "no news, because PAX!" You're basically telling someone not to even bring this up for fear that we might get less communication in the future, even though communication is basically at 0 right now. Like... I'm sorry, dude. I worked customer service for years. I get it. But dude. They basically have unpaid volunteers running their forums for them at this point, and only recently, extremely recently, have staff finally remembered that this section exists, long enough to post what amounts to ... nothing.

It really, really looks like some [filtered] went down behind the scenes, which sucks for people who might've lost their jobs in the mess, but honestly if this is how they communicate with all their players in other games, then it's no wonder they had to shut down Kritika, and it's no wonder they have dwindling numbers everywhere else. Like, how hard is it to just check your forums once in the morning and then again before leaving work? It'd take like, a minute to just scroll the general section and less than 10 minutes to write replies to a post or two just so people at least know someone's still alive in the office and reading their posts. Like... think about how this looks from a normal player's point of view: There are less people on than ever before. The staff seem to have stopped responding to the PC forums. The only people even trying to respond to players are unpaid community volunteers. And the big expansion that folks are waiting on won't be announced because a video game convention takes precedence. Couple that with Kritika shutting down, and idk fam, it's just a bad look all around. But whatever, EME can do what they want with their titles! It's clearly working.

tl;dr stop relying on good natured community volunteers and actually engage with your community, but eh what do I know haha byeeeeeeee

I Totally agree with your point but we are in 2019 your point is nothing new and the whole community can relate and agree. But the state and way things going is beyond talk it deserves drastic actions by us the community of tera but no we continue to support the garbage service we getting not and then we would act out like few in in this thread including myself but when will stand up and say enough is enough we stop play we come back hoping change but still disappointment comes and slaps us in the face. I love this game very much i'm still playing because I like the game play i'm just awaiting something with better game play. I just think the time for talking has passed and what has to be done now is the community come together as one and stand up against the nonsense taking place where this game is concern but i'm just dreaming, players will continue to play, spend cash ect.
    No DISRESPECT BUT IT JUST SEEM LIKE TERA NA player base likes garbage service and that's how I would describe it.
  • nozoyonozoyo ✭✭
    edited March 27
    Hi, patch will be going live on the 9th of April. An official announcement should go live sometime soon too. Expect more detailed information about the patch between now and the patch.
  • AluhAluh ✭✭
    nozoyo wrote: »
    Hi, patch will be going live on the 9th of April. An official announcement should go live sometime soon too. Expect more detailed information about the patch between now and the patch.

Who r u and where did u get that info
  • buffonsbuffons ✭✭
    So reading through the patch notes it's quite clear that the "expansion" is just a massive long and tedious grind patch. Also reading up on how some people have been describing that even koreans hate the grind, why is this patch still being pushed through? Surely even the fools are EME must know that this will put a final nail in their game? lol?
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    buffons wrote: »
    So reading through the patch notes it's quite clear that the "expansion" is just a massive long and tedious grind patch. Also reading up on how some people have been describing that even koreans hate the grind, why is this patch still being pushed through? Surely even the fools are EME must know that this will put a final nail in their game? lol?

What do you want them to do? Endlessly delay the patch so NA is stuck on the same version for months/years?
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    Digivolve wrote: »

What do you want them to do? Endlessly delay the patch so NA is stuck on the same version for months/years?

I rather want them to fix the game rather then adding content that make everyone leave. I know everyone wants it. Who doesn't want server/client sided 100% working skill prediction. No more low fps from better optimizations. Cap exploit in cs lol.
  • Nyanta1177Nyanta1177 ✭✭✭

koreans only really complained cause of the first week being complete [filtered] xp gain wise, its been made a [filtered] load easier and other regions have all of those minor patches bundled together, so its not nearly as bad as what people think tbh
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    > @sanj66 said:

Yet when I say there is a lot of pent-up hostility towards us PC players, a certain someone consistently shuts me down and gives excuse after excuse as to why they may be overlooking us. It's obvious when you look at the history of what happened and what all has gone down these past two years. However, people keep blaming it all on exploits and blah, blah, blah.

TBH it seems somewhat apparent now that the other games most likely received similar treatment and are closing due to poor management. No doubt, there is a big change already in the works. I've seen this kind of stuff over and over again, and it was obvious what was going on. Whenever you have management calling paying players names and sitting there with a plank of wood on their shoulder, the outcome was predictable. Apparently, the whole, "who needs Tera PC players when we have other player bases to spend time on," hasn't worked out in their favor.

My point is that we went from someone that actually cared about the community to a staff (no, I don't think it's all on one person either) that doesn't bother to give codes, can't be bothered to stream or even really play the game, has no interest in making events fun but rather makes events just to say they did something for the community and has adopted the attitude that we should be happy with what we get. They've gutted the store, don't change items around much, leave everything broken and have a general "we don't really give a flip" attitude as seen with the dressing room and other issues. I used to like to buy stuff, but it's such a hassle now. I can't buy EMP, because nothing much is left to buy in the store. Heck, I can't even try on half of the costumes anymore. It's a dice roll to see if an outfit is even in the dressing room or not. Even their latest leveling event is outstandingly boring and gives nothing but gems and strongbox keys along with a bunch of temp stuff (snore).

I want the game to succeed. I really do, but when people seem to consistently make poor judgements, it's tough to feel sorry for them. It's time to change attitudes and see players as positive assets rather than annoying beggars. Giving out codes and making players feel appreciated doesn't mean those players are greedy or cheap. In fact, many of them will make purchases to reward a company for their generosity. I sure know my wallet was way more open when a certain someone was here than it is now. The way it is now, I feel I don't get much from the game, so why should I give much in return?

It's also sad that they feel the need to trash certain areas in order to make them ready for the new quests. Remember when players were looking forward to new patches? Now, we're more likely dreading them.
  • edited March 28
    nozoyo wrote: »

FWIW, this date is accurate. (Unless it changes again.)

I'd like to also ask this thread to try to remain on topic for the patch itself. Discussing the many failures of EME is cathartic, but it's not going to change anything about this patch, its contents, or the fact all the global regions are getting it whether they like it or not.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭

change_is_hard.jpg
    Here is a sample of what's to come. Before and after!
    PSA: Take your screenshots now, while you still can.
    Oh my God!! My heart is beyond broken 💔 As soon as maintenance is done, I'm gonna take a plethora of pics!!!

From what i see BHS is trying to make tera real in the sense that the world changes after time when event takes place some new enemy etc just like iod but who know ma be i the future iod will be restored by the goddess cause things change just like irl.
This discussion has been closed.