Pit of Petrax Exploit - Bans Incoming

Hi everyone!

We’ve been aware that there has been an exploit for Pit of Petrax, where players have been teleporting directly to the boss.

We will be applying appropriate disciplinary action to those players and as such, we will also be removing those characters’ Leaderboard slots.

Please remember, play fair and we can all have fun!

I was looking for the patch notes for the up coming level 70 and i have stumbled upon this which definitely impressed me in so many ways.

The situation is that i knew for many months that there were players teleporting directly to Pit of Petrax gaining an unfair advantage of up to 10seconds since all the other players including myself had to run up to the boss to fight it and even though i was very capable of achieveing the rank 1 on my main.. I could not actually because of this difference of 10 seconds.

I also noticed that now the leaderboard is much more clean and at the same time some certain names that always appeared at the top now either disappeared or are able to get a very not so impressive score.

Well done.

This is great for the players that are looking to be a challenge in a legit way!

Comments

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, the exploiters were never banned. They are still on the top ranks, at least on velika server.
  • LessThanNoneLessThanNone ✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    Many of the exploiters did get banned and have their scores removed on KT. However, these were short 7-10 day bans and the exploiters just came back and cheated again to obtain rank 1 again before the season ended. As the current rank 2 slayer for last season on KT I watched this happen in real time and ended up losing rank 1 to one of these people. It's a real shame that EME only really did 1 ban wave and didn't continue checking scores after that.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, ive seen a lot of Zerks in Velika Server being banned already a few months ago for using the scripts of the very well known Mr. B.

Recently however, i see a lot of Lancers now, using a script that unfortunately is becoming more and more popular, which i am not go into details as to what it does (you guys who use said script know what it does)

It is sad that the script is being used so casually, using the excuse of high ping as a shield to be forgiven its use.

So yeah, for a while already, Lancers have been and still are next in the chopping block.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    Well I know some guys that have huge amount of fish farm with fishing module like 15 clients+ Will they be banned too?
  • Lapomko wrote: »
    Well I know some guys that have huge amount of fish farm with fishing module like 15 clients+ Will they be banned too?

I asked that and they said, yeah we will ban ppl using bots yet they actually don't.
    I see that as staff being lazy, low on manpower, incapable of actually detecting fishing bots or all of these. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    Lapomko wrote: »

I asked that and they said, yeah we will ban ppl using bots yet they actually don't.
    I see that as staff being lazy, low on manpower, incapable of actually detecting fishing bots or all of these. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

how much gold is there is fishing when there is limit to how much you can sell.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    Lapomko wrote: »

Melyodis wrote: »
    how much gold is there is fishing when there is limit to how much you can sell.

yer only bout 4500 gold a day but then fish feasts need a lot of fillets too and 200 high quality fish can get 10000+ meta tokens as well a day
  • Botting is botting. In my opinion, it doesn't have to have a monetary benefit for it to be deemed illegal and against ToS.
  • Botting is not actually profitable unless you're brute forcing (using huge amount toons in the process). In more sense, you can legit farm for just over an hour and make more gold than one bot can make in an entire day.
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited March 29
    I think you can just be happy to know that EME are doing some justice and that should be it, dont try and assume anything, maybe the said Priest just had a bad day or they nolonger bother to tryhard the rank.

I have never bothered with this rank thingy but darn, imagine being lucky and get the rank and then be accused of using cheats, then one day i feel like i dont really bother anymore because well, being bored is also a factor, then ppl will be like "Wheres your cheat now eh?" Lol.

Im not saying the person is completely clean, just that you should just be happy with EME's action and dont go too far is all. Cheers :)
  • Proxy is back to being abused again?

Berns ruining evrrything again?

Salty should never have brought it back, peoples get intentions get ruined by [filtered] players