[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Level 70 patch: concerns and solutions

I won't take too much time outlining the concerns and issues of Patch 80, which brings the level 70 expansion. However, I would like to bring this thread to everyone's attention: https://board.tera.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/75463-make-the-xp-required-to-70-less-obnoxious/
It's by an EU player, and as we all know, EU got the patch Tuesday and have been dealing with the leveling and letting us know some things. It outlines all of the concerns that the players have, and what the biggest issues are.

I'd like to use this thread (please read the one I linked first if you are ill informed as to how terrible the grind actually is - as it forces you to mindlessly grind BAMs) to highlight some potential solutions to this problem. But, before that, I can not stress this enough: DO NOT JUDGE THE LEVELING SOLELY BASED ON 65-66. This is why:
65-66: 3,660,410,550 exp
66-67: 14,641,642,200 exp
67-68: 24,378,336,346 exp
68-69: 34,129,669,619 exp
69-70: 40,955,603,542 exp
As you can see, this isn't linear, and gets exponentially worse.

1. One solution I can propose is outlined by this excel table below

https://imgur.com/FSLPrkz

as you can see, I have the percentage increase per level outlined, and a proposed solution simply by reducing the increase of 66 and 67 to 200% opposed to 400%. This would still make the exp per level pretty high, and not easy to get, but it wouldn't seem so hopeless, especially for people with alts.

2. A second solution is to take advantage of the adventure coin system. We can't spam dungeons anymore, especially the higher levels, so make the Adventure Coins rewarding. The daily quests barely give any exp, so how about making the adventure coins your daily. What I mean by this, is equalize the experience. 1500 adventure coins should equal 1.5 billion experience. This could be our "dailies" and give us a reason to do our dungeons to get a decent bit experience. 1.5 billion seems like a lot for 66, but when comparing it to other levels, it's not, and you'd have to actually use all your coins in a day. Also, in order to prevent abuse with this system, it could be soft capped so only your first 1500 coins a day gives you the equalized experience, then it goes down to the normal amount. For instance, in this system, 1 Bahaar is = to 345 million experience, since it's 345 coins. But, after your first 1500 coins, it'll go down to the 180ish million that it is now. This way we're encouraged to finish our coins before farming Basilisk, and it'll be a daily thing. Even if you did this every day and nothing else (which is good for the working man), it'd take 78.5 days to hit level 70. This is still a grind, as you can tell, but it helps a LOT. If my experience per level in the image is used, it'd take 38.13 days. Again, still a lot, but allowing a daily allotment of 1.5 billion experience, which realistically, could take 2+ hours for most groups. For example, top tier end game players would do 5 Bahaar (1,725 coins - for 1.725b exp - the reason for going over 1500 is because 4 Bahaar is 1380, so it'd act like the Ep soft cap in that manner, where you could overshoot it). 5 Bahaar for an average party would definitely take around 2 hours, and not everyone can do that.

3. Give more experience available. Actually make the daily quests worth it. Make fishing more experience by allowing all the exp boosts to stack and work with fishing as well. Fishing manually it will take around 1 minute per fish, and autofishing is 2.5-3+ minutes a fish depending on rod, whisker level, etc... Let's take 1m per fish and put this in perspective: Autofishing is 20m exp/hour. Manually fishing is 60m exp/hour. That's not lucrative and pretty horrible.

4. Have events that give insane experience if certain criteria are met.

These are just a few solutions and outlining the major problem. I'm not going to get into the leveling of the new Tal's, but those are abysmally slow as well.

Discuss among yourselves and feel free to add anything you think I missed, and if you disagree with anything I said, let me know why and what you'd do to combat this problem. I've played many MMO's and grinds are in all of them, and I don't mind them, but when basilisk is your only option to efficiently hit 70 (you need to kill around 70,000 according to Assa), that's a bit discouraging. We need more avenues, and an actual lucrative daily source of experience. If we could get at least 1.5b a day for 2-4 hours of work, that WORKS because we will at least be able to see some progress.

Comments

• The idea of Token adventure xp was for miliking money from core players xd. That brute force people to pay for elite to get the buff or buy special potions from store.

Similar as they destroyed free crafting system with horrible times vs elite. I really doubt they want core people keep playing this game , without spend more money.
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    We have a daily rewards and weekly rewards system. It should be a good way to get more exp. I like these options you wrote.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    so we need to farm 916 hours to reach level 70 ?
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    I was going to write that there is no need to sweat it because you will eventually get to level 70 in a few months without doing anything extra and you should considered it more like a boon obtained from slowly farmed reputation system (like in Neverwinter and formerly in WoW).

Then I noticed that some new dungeons will require certain level (66 or 68). This will permanently prevent alts, locking good content behind 500 normal mode runs (or 30k basilisks) no matter if you have ton of mats from your main, are good with your class and can compensate for DPS loss from being only lvl 65-66.
  • Another solution: Joy of partying applies to groups when farming BAM's in open world.

That'd help a bit.
  • > @Vezuls said:
    > Another solution: Joy of partying applies to groups when farming BAM's in open world.
    >
    > That'd help a bit.

Not really according to K tera patches real solution is just let the computer On when you are working or at school.
    Add auto fishing and won experience for free. To leveling.
  • Man we all know that this patch will be pure cancer. I hope Enmasse will remedy this
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zizi2i2 wrote: »
    Man we all know that this patch will be pure cancer. I hope Enmasse will remedy this

We can barely hope for EME to give us proper announcements on friggin' shop updates. You really think they're gonna do something about this?

As much as I hate to say things like that, I don't have a lot of hope for current EME...
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    1.- no, we already get nerf exp , go to fish afk when you sleep or ge to work
    2.- this is the reason why reset scroll cant converted into aventure tokens , and why get nerfed in gold conversion , maybe events or elite/ store gave this potions ( like 30% like ep )
    3.- complaint about afk fishing but you can get mask and upgrade easy way tier 6 rod fish , when you sleep/ work , , and least you can get skill exp books : thonkin:
    4.- lest alts afk fish too since you can use mask and rod ( cuz no soulblind ) do this haft year : lv 70 alts

> @Gatokatzen said:
    > The idea of Token adventure xp was for miliking money from core players xd. That brute force people to pay for elite to get the buff or buy special potions from store.
    >
    > Similar as they destroyed free crafting system with horrible times vs elite. I really doubt they want core people keep playing this game , without spend more money.

Castanica mid night oil + moongour pie gave same buff from elite in craft stuff, but you dont do event cuz event wasss to dum
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    The 2% fee from the broker is probably the biggest concern because it will be the most likely the little stone that will snowball into something very unsightly and eventually ruin the whole market if not the whole game in the months to come.

And it will most likely happen because this 2% which seems so small and innocent can actually manage to cause so much fear due to the fact that the 2% can be lost if the item does not sell and not only that there will be much less items listed at the broker but those that will be listed will have the price increased to cover up the potential fee that is lost if the item does not sell while also cover up the potential fee for another relist for the same item.. and most likely having to also cover the potential loss of fees from other items that will not sell ( a player might try to increase the price with 10% to a single item only to be able to cover the fee for other 4 items that will not sell ).

This will affect everything from enchanting materials up to etchings or mounts/vouchers/cosmetics/etc.

Then the EMP price will rise because the EMP sellers will want more gold to adapt to the new economy which will make the tradeable cash shop items more expensive but then will also reduce the chance of the same items being sold at broker since the items will be more expensive and as such there will be less buyers.. which again will make players to want increase the price even more to cover up the potential fee loss if the items will not sell after being too expensive and especially since they will carry a higher risk to not sell at the broker with the more expensive that they are.. And this will make the EMP sellers to rise the price even more for EMP to adapt again to the new prices.. and again adapt to the new prices.. until the market will collapse.

Solutions? To try not even implement all this weird stuff like the broker fee and try to improve the XP gain for players to not be locked out from important skills beyond each level?

Us scrubs have been dealing with broker fees forever, and the market hasn't collapsed. I think this is a great idea, because it will stop a lot of the abuse on the broker. Most of us scrubs can't even list stuff as elites just keep relisting and undercutting us by a copper. That is why a lot of us have to spam trade/global, because we simply cannot sell anything of value on the broker.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    1.- no, we already get nerf exp , go to fish afk when you sleep or ge to work
    2.- this is the reason why reset scroll cant converted into aventure tokens , and why get nerfed in gold conversion , maybe events or elite/ store gave this potions ( like 30% like ep )
    3.- complaint about afk fishing but you can get mask and upgrade easy way tier 6 rod fish , when you sleep/ work , , and least you can get skill exp books : thonkin:
    4.- lest alts afk fish too since you can use mask and rod ( cuz no soulblind ) do this haft year : lv 70 alts

afk fishing should not be the only answer.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    > @Lolitaa said:
    > StevenAnthony wrote: »
    >
    > 1.- no, we already get nerf exp , go to fish afk when you sleep or ge to work
    > 2.- this is the reason why reset scroll cant converted into aventure tokens , and why get nerfed in gold conversion , maybe events or elite/ store gave this potions ( like 30% like ep )
    > 3.- complaint about afk fishing but you can get mask and upgrade easy way tier 6 rod fish , when you sleep/ work , , and least you can get skill exp books : thonkin:
    > 4.- lest alts afk fish too since you can use mask and rod ( cuz no soulblind ) do this haft year : lv 70 alts
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > afk fishing should not be the only answer.

Im agree with that, but the easy way to casual/alts, now

More since almost all dungeos are lv 65, only a few will be need + lv 65
  • 1.- no, we already get nerf exp , go to fish afk when you sleep or ge to work

> @Gatokatzen said:
    > The idea of Token adventure xp was for miliking money from core players xd. That brute force people to pay for elite to get the buff or buy special potions from store.
    >
    > Similar as they destroyed free crafting system with horrible times vs elite. I really doubt they want core people keep playing this game , without spend more money.

Castanica mid night oil + moongour pie gave same buff from elite in craft stuff, but you dont do event cuz event wasss to dum

AFK fishing is 1 fish every 3 minutes. No BAF's. That's 20 fish an hour. 1m exp per fish = 20m exp per hour. Let's say you afk fish all day and come back just as inventory is about to fill and when bait runs out, in 24h you can gain 20m * 24 = 480m experience for 24h of afk fishing. Let's be realistic, and say we afk fish for 12h a day and do other stuff the time we play. Fishing is 240m experience. That is INSIGNIFICANT at every stage. Sorry, that's not the answer, and you don't even understand the problem if you think that's viable. To put it into perspective, you can get 240m experience by killing 240m/1.5m = 160 Basilisks. That will take 20 minutes top.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    level 1-65 is a piece of cake they found it was too easy so they put in the grind yeah it will take time but as far as i see the only one complaining on the forums are the one who don't like to farm and want everything handed to them on gold plate. the only ones that will quit if they do decide are the one who don't like grind simple as that. Eme already said they can't change bhs want for na well we will have to live with what we get or quit.