[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Gear conversion rant

Why worse conversion rates for console then PC?

Comments

• LOL

Goodbye TERA, this game is now officially DEAD for me.

Conversion rates are WORSE than PC, enchanting rates are WORSE than PC while population is 10x less the pop on PC at the time of the revamp.

This is the demostration they dont care, and they just want to milk you all.

THANKS FOR GIVING ME A REASON TO CONTINUE NOT PLAYING THIS GAME.

Enjoy the money you got from me, you aint seeing a penny more...
  • I wasn't expecting this ……
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    This is sad, yeah. It seems the base enchant success rate is higher though, at least for TS. So it might even out with the higher mat requirement.

but yes, why lower conversion rate. This is more frustrating especially since they kept the conversion list a secret.
  • Nah what they did was spit in your face, now matter what excuses they try to use they PUNISHED YOU FOR PLAYING THE GAME.

They took.all your time gold and effort and your reward is garbage you could've gotten to in a week.
    Congrats console, we knew what too expect by now.
  • LingyiLingyi ✭✭
    edited April 2
    I really want to like this game and continue playing with my friends, but bluehole is making it hard to do so. My time and effort have been trivialized.

Worse old-to-new gear conversion.. and esp how a +15 ambush weapon converts to a gear that is just one enchant higher than what a +12 deathwrack gets. Considering how much harder it is to get +15 ambush, it is indeed a huge disservice to dedicated players.

This cycle of gear resetting to keep the carrot just out of the players' reach is tiring. I love this game, from the character and world designs to the fight mechsnics. But I have to really consider if I'm willing to waste more time building up my characters again only to have it all tumbled down again and again.

A reason I play rpg games is because I get to build up my character for keeps in the long/indefinite run. But Tera is a game of endless chase where you get cut down time and time again. And I am tired.

Yes, I sound whinny and clingy. But that's because I really like the game, but Bluehole doesn't know how to take care of its players and is, really, out to screw us. This game is a relationship that hurts to stay in.

..'suppose this isn't the game I'm looking for.
  • GospodjaGospodja ✭✭
    Yeah, as I said multiple times, this game became pure grind with no high content to play.
  • I only just noticed this (Made a new char for the levelling rewards Event) and yeah, what were they thinking?

Surely they knew this wouldn't go down well with the VERY FEW players the Consoles actually have, why do something that will just give people a reason to finally uninstall a game they've probably quit a billion times because the grind is too strong.

Huge blunder on their part that has probably driven a nail through the coffin of this game, can't see it lasting much longer if they keep this sorta "Screw you players, just keep giving us money" attitude up.

First the PUBG Event, now the Levelling Event and also the Conversion of Gear/Items, total lack of caring right now.
  • they are not professionals they have been clever to force people to farm more
  • SarumoninSarumonin mod
    edited April 4
    In case you weren't in one of the Discords that announced it, Heroic Oath is Best in Gear slot, and it's available in-game.

This isn't an official comment or anything, however... this is my opinion and guess on what happened with conversions. When you think about it this way, it actually makes sense why we were pushed back a little bit in terms of conversions.

Heroic Oath is now available in game, that's the max gear you can possibly get. Top tier, for months on end until level 70 cap. Stormcry is right before that, and Frostmetal before Stormcry.

Now, when Revamp came out for PC, it made sense to go to Stormcry. You grinded hard and pushed progression. After a few months, many months in fact, Heroic Oath came out (6 patches later).

However, we're not even close to revamp from PC, we're on patch 66, where patch 60 was revamp.

Due to this, that's my theory. We were pushed back because there's a new progression path. Frostmetal is still pretty ahead, considering the difference in gear with Heroic Oath (it's Overpowered!) being available now when you do Stormcry +9.

Just a guess though.
  • XxZenXxZen
    edited April 5
    After that explanation, yes the nerf we got now as that's what it was, makes somewhat sense IF that's the case. If so, fine, I don't mind all that much grinding again on an already ridiculously grindy game.

The main things that is really annoying, is the extra cost to Enchant gear.

PC: Guardian weapon from 0 to 1 needs (Golden Talent*7, Wood Scrap*7, 112 gold)
    PS4: Guardian weapon from 0 to 1 needs (Golden Talent*20, Wood Scrap*10, 1023 gold)
    (Taken from another thread as I don't actually have Guardian)

This is an utter joke and it can't stand, Plus the Vanguard missions seem to give less gold as well compared to when PC got this patch. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

They've screwed us on console over and they've said nothing about it, only damaging the very little credibility they have at this point with the small portion of players that've been playing Tera on/off for years on both PC then on Console.
  • I watched the stream and then watched it several more times to make sure I wasn't missing anything but the way "some reacted" over the Heroic Oath gear mats being available made me think that wasn't supposed to be in the revamp :/ IDK maybe its just me but I think everyone would get better responses from discord I'm not seeing responses to important questions at all....
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    VoodooRose wrote: »
    I watched the stream and then watched it several more times to make sure I wasn't missing anything but the way "some reacted" over the Heroic Oath gear mats being available made me think that wasn't supposed to be in the revamp :/ IDK maybe its just me but I think everyone would get better responses from discord I'm not seeing responses to important questions at all....

We were expecting Stormcry to be our current Best in Slot. Heroic Oath being available came as a surprise.
  • Hmm... 40k gold to enchant twistshard weapon from +7 to +8. Seriously? Is it supposed to be that expensive?
  • > @thought1ess said:
    > Hmm... 40k gold to enchant twistshard weapon from +7 to +8. Seriously? Is it supposed to be that expensive?

No it's not. If you go to the support tab it has an announcement stating that some of the prices are unintentional and that they are working to resolve the issue
  • The only thing I bothered upgrading was the misery belt I'll wait until the everything is fixed to upgrade my +12 ambush gear.