[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

General Tips for a newbie

Hi everyone! I am basically new to Tera. I played the beta to like level 5 and that was it. Currently downloading the game and should be playable tomorrow when I get home from work.

I like classes that are diverse specs/heal. I am thinking of making a Mystic. How is the Mystics solo ability while leveling?

Is the buddy code thing worth while to do? If I do the buddy code should I make sure it is someone who will actually help out along the way while leveling?

What is some general helpful tips/hints to a newbie from you veterans that you might have wished you had known sooner into your Tera play?

Many thanks!

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    spam dungeon with mystic :3

yes use buddy code

than we will become newbie again when level 70 update will come :lol:
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    There is barely any dps difference between classes for solo leveling content (quests).

Spamming 5-man dungeons is much faster (lets you reach lvl 60 within 1-2 days, then you do lvl 60-65 questline), but if you like exploring open world solo leveling via quests is also possible.

If you FPS is disappointing, look up Tera optimization guide.

You can pick up your buddy code from random ppl or someone who can help you. You shouldn't have any trouble finding helpful players along the way.
    Buddy up rewards will grant you a few 1-day elite scrolls that provide EXP bonus, as well as unlimited fast travel that will let you explore the open world easily.

Look up an up to date class guide as soon as reaching level 65, especially if playing a DPS class. Tera is not a game where you can get away with just using your strongest skills as soon as they are off cooldown.

Watch or read a guide for any lvl 65 dungeon rates 3 stars and up. Use Instance Matching for leveling. At level 65, do not use Instance Matching for anything rated 3 stars and up (unless you have an hour or two and want to practice heavy carry). 9/10 times you will get matched with 3-4 morons. Looking For Group may not accept a newbie so your best bet is to join a guild.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Be patient , cause once you hit level 65, you are going to need 5000 hours to get best gear and reach level 70. Per character.
  • Xandervb wrote: »
    There is barely any dps difference between classes for solo leveling content (quests).

Spamming 5-man dungeons is much faster (lets you reach lvl 60 within 1-2 days, then you do lvl 60-65 questline), but if you like exploring open world solo leveling via quests is also possible.

If you FPS is disappointing, look up Tera optimization guide.

You can pick up your buddy code from random ppl or someone who can help you. You shouldn't have any trouble finding helpful players along the way.
    Buddy up rewards will grant you a few 1-day elite scrolls that provide EXP bonus, as well as unlimited fast travel that will let you explore the open world easily.

Look up an up to date class guide as soon as reaching level 65, especially if playing a DPS class. Tera is not a game where you can get away with just using your strongest skills as soon as they are off cooldown.

Watch or read a guide for any lvl 65 dungeon rates 3 stars and up. Use Instance Matching for leveling. At level 65, do not use Instance Matching for anything rated 3 stars and up (unless you have an hour or two and want to practice heavy carry). 9/10 times you will get matched with 3-4 morons. Looking For Group may not accept a newbie so your best bet is to join a guild.

I am guessing 3 stars and up is dungeon difficulty? Does leveling by dungeons matter on group make? Or are you okay with generally just dpsing everything down?
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭

I am guessing 3 stars and up is dungeon difficulty? Does leveling by dungeons matter on group make? Or are you okay with generally just dpsing everything down?

Yes, endgame (lvl 65) dungeons are rated by difficulty (you can see the number of stars in Instance Matching window). Anything 3-, 4- or 5-stars usually requires looking up mechanics in advance.

Leveling dungeons are not rated and do not contain any advanced mechanics - you just DPS and go forward. You will need crystals than increase crit when hitting from behind (front for tanks) - as well as one that increases damage dealt to enraged monsters. Look up proper crystals for you class. Use crystalbind or complete crystalbind scroll so you don't lose then upon death.

Positioning yourself behind the boss all the time and backcritting is an essence of Tera combat and is usually more important than better gear or even proper skill rotation. It may be difficult in leveling dungeons if your party does not have a tank. In endgame it becomes much easier as most dungeons require at least one tank.