PUBG Ended early?

I know it wasn't a very popular event for some people but I wish it had lasted through April 2nd like everyone thought it would and like what it said on the website. I found another reference that said 10am PDT on April 2nd but it looks like it ended with last night's patch much earlier. I still had about 7000 coins and planned on trying to get the rest for a helmet early this morning. Did it say anywhere that the event was going to be removed early? Maybe I just missed it? I asked on discord but they thought it'd go through April 2nd like the web page on the event said. I wish they hadn't removed the event earlier than advertised :(

Comments

• They announced that it would go until 10am PDT on 2 April, and I did not see anything saying that they were going to end it early, but it definitely ended early. :(
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    I don't believe it ended early, the items were just removed early. I think you could still have obtained the items after because I was still getting keys in parcel post.
  • KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    edited April 5
    Exipheus wrote: »
    I don't believe it ended early, the items were just removed early. I think you could still have obtained the items after because I was still getting keys in parcel post.

You could still get keys from bosses too :P I dont think the crates were dropping anymore though so the keys did nothing. I tried it out after someone said they got keys in the mail on discord when they also mentioned they lost a ton of tokens and crates and the boss just dropped keys and no crates. I still have the keys I got after they deleted everything lol.

The big problem was they removed all of the saved crates and tokens way earlier than they said they would so some people lost a ton thinking the event was going to end at the time posted on the official site. When the only things worth buying were 11,000 and 17,000 tokens people may have had close to that and planned on finishing it up before the event ended. Instead they logged on to find everything gone way early when the site said it was lasting until 10am PDT.

It's a bad bad thing for customer confidence when the official site and news posts about events on the official site can't be trusted to be accurate :(

If everything was going to be deleted way early it should have been posted somewhere. Somewhere there was a break down in communication though and customers were never told it was ending early. Maybe enmasse was never told it was ending early by bluehole. When I asked on discord about 12 hours before the patch I got the answer from an enmasse representative that to his knowledge it was going to last through april 2nd. I guess enmasse didn't know it was ending early either :( Soooo... yeah that was a very unhappy surprise for those of us still farming event stuff to see all our tokens gone. Communication with customers is important. Oh well.
  • Exipheus wrote: »

If she already had over 7,000 battle points, and was planning to try for the rest before the event ended, then by taking away those 7,000 points earlier than posted, it "ended" the event early because there was no way she was going to earn all of that back again, plus the other 4,000 she still needed, after they took them away, in time for the posted end time. No matter how you try to play the semantics, they ended the event earlier than posted.
  • Considering that questionnaire they came out with i doubt many were even participating once they figured out the points couldnt be sold and the useful items couldnt be kept, i think them shutting it down was the lack of care due to wide disinterest.
  • Considering that questionnaire they came out with i doubt many were even participating once they figured out the points couldnt be sold and the useful items couldnt be kept, i think them shutting it down was the lack of care due to wide disinterest.

There were definitely very few people participating in the hunting event. I was doing it just for the fun of looking for air drop crates and fighting PUBG soldiers, but I would rarely run into anyone else doing the same thing. However, events ending early has been a pretty common thing for Tera console, over the past year. There were at least two previous events where I got up early on the morning of the last day of an event, in order to get some more drops for the last few hours of the event, only to discover that the event had already ended, several hours before advertised. Ever since then, I always just plan on being done with an event the day before the advertised day and time, because they frequently end earlier than advertised. Luckily for me, I decided to convert all of my Battle Points (over 100,000) to helmets shortly before server maintenance, because I just "assumed" that this event would end early, like many of the others. If I had waited until that morning, when the event was still "supposed to be" going on, then I would have lost all of those points, and not been able to convert them. Whenever they advertise an event to end sometime during the day, it usually ends earlier that morning/night, during server maintenance. I don't think they intentionally ended it early, due to lack of interest. I think it just ended early by mistake, because that has been pretty much "par for the course" on Tera console.
  • KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    edited April 8
    Considering that questionnaire they came out with i doubt many were even participating once they figured out the points couldnt be sold and the useful items couldnt be kept, i think them shutting it down was the lack of care due to wide disinterest.

There were definitely very few people participating in the hunting event. I was doing it just for the fun of looking for air drop crates and fighting PUBG soldiers, but I would rarely run into anyone else doing the same thing. However, events ending early has been a pretty common thing for Tera console, over the past year. There were at least two previous events where I got up early on the morning of the last day of an event, in order to get some more drops for the last few hours of the event, only to discover that the event had already ended, several hours before advertised. Ever since then, I always just plan on being done with an event the day before the advertised day and time, because they frequently end earlier than advertised. Luckily for me, I decided to convert all of my Battle Points (over 100,000) to helmets shortly before server maintenance, because I just "assumed" that this event would end early, like many of the others. If I had waited until that morning, when the event was still "supposed to be" going on, then I would have lost all of those points, and not been able to convert them. Whenever they advertise an event to end sometime during the day, it usually ends earlier that morning/night, during server maintenance. I don't think they intentionally ended it early, due to lack of interest. I think it just ended early by mistake, because that has been pretty much "par for the course" on Tera console.

That's true there weren't many still trying to get event tokens but those who were got an unhappy surprise ending and their stuff being deleted way early :(

ty for posting about previous events I didn't know this happens a lot and events get ended earlier than advertised. That's disappointing. I'll finish up anything I need to for events a few days or a week early next time. If they set an event schedule they should follow it or let people know if it's going to end early so people dont' lose items and get frustrated by the poor communication.
  • KozyEmi wrote: »

That's true there weren't many still trying to get event tokens but those who were got an unhappy surprise ending and their stuff being deleted way early :(

ty for posting about previous events I didn't know this happens a lot and events get ended earlier than advertised. That's disappointing. I'll finish up anything I need to for events a few days or a week early next time. If they set an event schedule they should follow it or let people know if it's going to end early so people dont' lose items and get frustrated by the poor communication.

There weren't many people going for it, but there should definitely not have been anyone who lost all of their earned points before the event was scheduled to end, because that kept them from being able to trade them in, when they thought they would still have time. To be fair to EME, I honestly do not believe they end these events early on purpose. I think it is some sort of system issue, because it always seems to happen when there is a major system update happening the night before, they have planned to run the event until some time later that day, but the event suddenly ends when the patch is applied the night before. It seems to happen every time, but I don't think EME plans for it to happen. I don't know if it has something to do with the update not understanding that the event will end on that day, but at a later time, or whatever. I honestly believe that EME always has the best of intentions when they say "This event will end at 10am PDT", or whenever, but something goes wrong when the system update is applied, and it just takes everything away right then.

In fact, if @Sarumonin wouldn't mind passing on this recommendation, or even if @CobaltDragon happens to see this recommendation, then I would seriously recommend that from now on, for events that are going to end on the day of a system update, they just start advertising that the event will end "When the system update is applied on 2 April" (or whatever the date is that an event will end and a system update will occur). If something happens with the update that ends the event earlier than planned, then at least EME had already said it will end when the system update is applied. Wording to something along those lines leaves a bit of ambiguity for an end time, as opposed to a very specific end time, but at least if a system update ends up being applied earlier than originally scheduled (as I "think" happened with this update, and maybe some of the previous ones), then EME has already notified everyone ahead of time that when the update happens, then the event will be over. This would probably encourage most people to plan to do as much as possible up to the day prior to the end date. I think that would help to minimize some of the frustration and irritation that has happened for so many of these events that have ended earlier than advertised.

Of course, if they plan for an event to end at 10am and the system update does NOT knock out the event immediately, but they advertised that it will end when the update occurs, then some people will see the event is still ongoing and continue to enjoy the event, but some others will complain that they did not know it would still be going on, so they did not log in and they missed out on the last few hours of an event. If they advertise that the event will end at 10am, but the system update knocks out the event early (as has happened this time and several times before), then people like me will complain that it ended earlier than scheduled. EME is in a "no-win" situation either way, but I think advertising events to end "When the system update is applied" is probably the lesser of two evils.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    KozyEmi wrote: »

There weren't many people going for it, but there should definitely not have been anyone who lost all of their earned points before the event was scheduled to end, because that kept them from being able to trade them in, when they thought they would still have time. To be fair to EME, I honestly do not believe they end these events early on purpose. I think it is some sort of system issue, because it always seems to happen when there is a major system update happening the night before, they have planned to run the event until some time later that day, but the event suddenly ends when the patch is applied the night before. It seems to happen every time, but I don't think EME plans for it to happen. I don't know if it has something to do with the update not understanding that the event will end on that day, but at a later time, or whatever. I honestly believe that EME always has the best of intentions when they say "This event will end at 10am PDT", or whenever, but something goes wrong when the system update is applied, and it just takes everything away right then.

In fact, if @Sarumonin wouldn't mind passing on this recommendation, or even if @CobaltDragon happens to see this recommendation, then I would seriously recommend that from now on, for events that are going to end on the day of a system update, they just start advertising that the event will end "When the system update is applied on 2 April" (or whatever the date is that an event will end and a system update will occur). If something happens with the update that ends the event earlier than planned, then at least EME had already said it will end when the system update is applied. Wording to something along those lines leaves a bit of ambiguity for an end time, as opposed to a very specific end time, but at least if a system update ends up being applied earlier than originally scheduled (as I "think" happened with this update, and maybe some of the previous ones), then EME has already notified everyone ahead of time that when the update happens, then the event will be over. This would probably encourage most people to plan to do as much as possible up to the day prior to the end date. I think that would help to minimize some of the frustration and irritation that has happened for so many of these events that have ended earlier than advertised.

Of course, if they plan for an event to end at 10am and the system update does NOT knock out the event immediately, but they advertised that it will end when the update occurs, then some people will see the event is still ongoing and continue to enjoy the event, but some others will complain that they did not know it would still be going on, so they did not log in and they missed out on the last few hours of an event. If they advertise that the event will end at 10am, but the system update knocks out the event early (as has happened this time and several times before), then people like me will complain that it ended earlier than scheduled. EME is in a "no-win" situation either way, but I think advertising events to end "When the system update is applied" is probably the lesser of two evils.

I'll be sure to pass on this recommendation :)