[TERA PC] With anniversary concluded and our servers stabilized, we are re-enabling the Adventure Coin system, starting 10 a.m. PT on June 5 (Fri) with the scheduled Weekend Dungeon Highlight. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Rollback Discussion

Comments

• LostlislandLostlisland ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    CornishRex wrote: »
    It IS an issue and I can't believe people keep saying it isn't, are people just pretending to be stupid?

Ktera and EU tera don't hand out reset scrolls with elite, they're only obtainable through the vg shop and maybe some events, hence the price was the way it was. Now, you'd think, with how OBSESSED eme staff and bhs were with keeping NA tera as close to ktera as possible in terms of grind, economy, prices etc. they'd adjust the reset scroll prices accordingly. All their events since mongos have given jack [filtered], we had counterpoint parroting 24/7 that eme don't want to introduce massive amounts of gold anymore, that they don't want events to be rewarding because it sets an unfair advantage yada yada, and then THIS happens. EME was too incompetent as per usual to alert bhs of this discrepancy between the two regions or I don't know what, but they messed up. Introducing such massive amounts of gold only to a small community of older elite players after a year of not giving anything to anyone will once again mess progression up big time.

You would think that KTERA and EU would have better value for their scrolls since the scrolls they had were rare and not tied to gift boxes. But no, BHS seem to have reverse thinking. Remember what they did with the Entropic shop ?

GM seem to have absolute no idea what is really happening.
    I guess that's the kind of attitude you get when you know the ship is sinking you pretend everything cool to calm yourself...

The only people who will suffer from the price spikes are the new players. Good luck letting them stick around.
    I'm really done with this game.
  • PalochiPalochi ✭✭✭
    Interesting how many people are saying this is okay.
    I guess you are so happy to finally have over 5mil gold that you don't realize it's worth almost nothing. The game is pretty much over, prices are insane for everything while the ways to make gold and the gold/hour they give didn't change, that + the braindead grind that was introduced with 0 content.
    Gl keeping new/returning players, or even players who just didn't have elite for a long time. Banning ppl who did the dupe bug will probably only make the problem half better too, a lot of people did it and I'm pretty sure many did it on alt accounts or sent it to others, EME can't even afford to permanently ban those using *ern Scripts and exploits lmao.
    A rollback is needed and the scroll prices should be talked about before letting ppl in the game.
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    The reset scroll selling, not nearly as much of an issue and should not warrant a rollback.

It IS an issue and I can't believe people keep saying it isn't, are people just pretending to be stupid?

Ktera and EU tera don't hand out reset scrolls with elite, they're only obtainable through the vg shop and maybe some events, hence the price was the way it was. Now, you'd think, with how OBSESSED eme staff and bhs were with keeping NA tera as close to ktera as possible in terms of grind, economy, prices etc. they'd adjust the reset scroll prices accordingly. All their events since mongos have given jack [filtered], we had counterpoint parroting 24/7 that eme don't want to introduce massive amounts of gold anymore, that they don't want events to be rewarding because it sets an unfair advantage yada yada, and then THIS happens. EME was too incompetent as per usual to alert bhs of this discrepancy between the two regions or I don't know what, but they messed up. Introducing such massive amounts of gold only to a small community of older elite players after a year of not giving anything to anyone will once again mess progression up big time.

Not to mention there was a thread made by the players of course, which I assume eme didn't even take a peek into because of what happened, which spoke of this very exact thing that happened. A rollback is necessary but now it feels like it's too late, 12 hours after the maint and all.

Oh and one last thing that kami already mentioned earlier but BHS introduced tax for brokering for elites TO COMBAT INFLATION. There is no way this was intended, or that this isn't an issue. It's a big, big issue and it's turning eme into a joke once again. I'm also puzzled that the player council and the mods didn't get the response from eme as they have indeed alerted them beforehand, nor has eme given a proper response in that thread earlier to prepare people for this massive shitstorm but oh well, seems everyone here has a [filtered] for 0 communication. Embarrassing.

EME did a response. Blamed it on bluehole and said that its already adjuested for our economy. unknown.png

Just to clarify this, this was just before the SES exploit was known to them and fixed. If it had just been the original issue alone, I'm not sure what they would have done, but the SES issue compounded it even further.
  • The economy is absolutely destroyed at this point. Nearly everything now costs over 1 million gold on the broker. Elite is 1.5 million gold, if you were to do content the game has, which gives about 300 gold per dungeon it would take you nearly 200 days to make enough gold to get 30 days of elite. Sold all my scrolls and got 250k which I can't do anything with due to the inflated prices on the broker.

Palochi wrote: »
    Interesting how many people are saying this is okay.
    I guess you are so happy to finally have over 5mil gold that you don't realize it's worth almost nothing. The game is pretty much over, prices are insane for everything while the ways to make gold and the gold/hour they give didn't change, that + the braindead grind that was introduced with 0 content.
    Gl keeping new/returning players, or even players who just didn't have elite for a long time. Banning ppl who did the dupe bug will probably only make the problem half better too, a lot of people did it and I'm pretty sure many did it on alt accounts or sent it to others, EME can't even afford to permanently ban those using *ern Scripts and exploits lmao.
    A rollback is needed and the scroll prices should be talked about before letting ppl in the game.

I picked out these 2 quotes because as a (fairly) new player (since Feb 2019), this affects me the most.
    I have 70k gold (due to the generosity of guildies)
    I have Frostmetal gear, and was really looking forward to get my Stormcry weapon this month.
    Now there is no way for me to buy darics or gems off the Broker to upgrade because everything is ridiculously inflated.

I'm not even gonna bother opening the launcher.
  • Has Tera on NA ever even experienced a rollback since its inception? From what I've seen a rollback possibility from EME is going to be a tall order. Even though dealing with this problem is going to be a hard choice regardless of the decision, I feel that a rollback is not an easy decision, but the correct one. Worst case scenario of all is just doing nothing from En Masse and not officially addressing the issue.
  • Guys, Gals. If you paid a little attention at all to when EU got the patch you would of known the prices of the scrolls would increase the amount of gold in the game tremendously. If you had investigated just a little you would of known to remove everything that you were selling in the TB right before the patch. I was watching EU streams for tera when their patch hit. I asked questions. Did my homework. Consolidated, prepped, and waited. The people complaining either didn't get in on the TB buyout in time or didnt have elite resets to sell. The SES blip is hardly game impacting. Oh no somebody made a bunch of golden talents they couldn't possibly ever use all of them. Well the economy eats those up when they get sold. Eventually the gold will settle again. Its been changing for a while now and by that i mean increasing prices on TB as gold is ALOT easier to get now.

TLDR: Salty peeps missed chance to raid TB, or didnt have elite scrolls stacked up. Rollback because of SES is a JOKE.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about coming back for Patch 80 at the weekend when I could get some time to actually play, to see how things are. Would I have been in the loop with what's going on? I could have been, but not all players are.

Was.

New players (or even returning players) had extremely high in-game financial cost to supplement any of the current gearing system before the patch. Now, it's not even worth the effort to try unless you have some very kind friends out there.

And that's ignoring the SES issue entirely. But then again, I've heard that EME have caused a shortage of Gold and Silver Talents on the NA region ever since the current gearing system was released, so maybe the whole SES thing might actually be a chance for EME to see what the game could be like if they had supplemented Gold Talents instead of Gems.
  • HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    Guys, Gals. If you paid a little attention at all to when EU got the patch you would of known the prices of the scrolls would increase the amount of gold in the game tremendously. If you had investigated just a little you would of known to remove everything that you were selling in the TB right before the patch. I was watching EU streams for tera when their patch hit. I asked questions. Did my homework. Consolidated, prepped, and waited. The people complaining either didn't get in on the TB buyout in time or didnt have elite resets to sell. The SES blip is hardly game impacting. Oh no somebody made a bunch of golden talents they couldn't possibly ever use all of them. Well the economy eats those up when they get sold. Eventually the gold will settle again. Its been changing for a while now and by that i mean increasing prices on TB as gold is ALOT easier to get now.

TLDR: Salty peeps missed chance to raid TB, or didnt have elite scrolls stacked up. Rollback because of SES is a JOKE.

A lot of us don't want to treat the game like a job, though. It's casual entertainment and I'll be damned if I'm going to study other versions of the game and "do my homework" prior each patch... that's when it stops being fun. An economy change like this affects even the casual player, though (I'd argue it affects us the most, actually). We are not "salty peeps" crying that we didn't get a chance to exploit the game. We're disheartened players who realize that if the game stands as is after this patch, it will be quite a while before it's even worth playing.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    well here comes the roll back boop!
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    As a result, we will be executing an emergency maintenance. During this time, we will be accomplishing three things:
    Player progress will be rolled back to just before maintenance ended on 4/9.
    Dismantling semi-enigmatic scrolls will have an adjusted rate of delivery for entropic emblems.
    Free instance reset scrolls obtained from the Elite consumables box will have its sale price reduced drastically.

why wasnt this done yesterday when the exploit was discovered? even an eme employee said there is more than likely going to be no rollback and some of us grinded levels which now is wasted time, great job eme, only took you all almost a day for mainty, and a day to decide to roll back and screw people who leveled over.....
  • So with the current announcement of the rollback, why are we being punished for the mistake on the side of the publisher? Why not let the economy fix itself instead of trying to force it to be better?
  • Concepcion30Concepcion30 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    And apparently there is no way to just rollback the SeS exploit and the reset scroll prices alone? All exp and quests progress will be lost as well?
  • Idiots complain now take a big gold lose
  • Because people complained
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    Idiots complain now take a big gold lose

Of course, let's blame the players for complaining.
    Not EME for being incompetent.