Rollback Discussion

Comments

• Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    Because it would take several months for the economy to "fix itself"
    Rather than just a 18 hour rollback. Use your brain mate
  • KuMikuPaPPDKuMikuPaPPD ✭✭
    edited April 10
    I logged in too late for SES exploit and i dont care about gold, but i (and many others) been grinding whole day and got to lvl 66. And what we supposed to do? Like, what the actual heck EME?
    How about contacting support with screenshot proof of being lvl 66?
  • Do you really think the economy would have fixed itself in any reasonable amount of time when people who received massive amounts of gold basically bought out the entire broker so they could then set prices at a ridiculous inflated amount for everyday items like talents, mounts and innerwear?
  • KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    Because people complained

• Well thanks to you guys everyone who got level 66 yesterday has to restart... That will kill the game, a lot of people told me if they did a roll back; they are quitting the game.
  • They could have done the rollback the moment they hotfixed the ses.
    But now I lose all my exp, and another day of Elite....

No compensation btw, feelsgood
  • I can see the point of a roll back, but screwing players legitimately leveling and resetting their exp to pre patch is BS. I just lost a full days worth of questing.
  • Beyond frustrating that this wasn't fixed yesterday when it was discovered and instead they waited so much time after maint was over..
  • edited April 10
    Has Tera on NA ever even experienced a rollback since its inception? From what I've seen a rollback possibility from EME is going to be a tall order. Even though dealing with this problem is going to be a hard choice regardless of the decision, I feel that a rollback is not an easy decision, but the correct one. Worst case scenario of all is just doing nothing from En Masse and not officially addressing the issue.

It has happened once before many years ago, but it was for a shorter period of time (to address a dupe bug).

HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    Guys, Gals. If you paid a little attention at all to when EU got the patch you would of known the prices of the scrolls would increase the amount of gold in the game tremendously. If you had investigated just a little you would of known to remove everything that you were selling in the TB right before the patch. I was watching EU streams for tera when their patch hit. I asked questions. Did my homework. Consolidated, prepped, and waited. The people complaining either didn't get in on the TB buyout in time or didnt have elite resets to sell.

I just want to say that I don't feel this is a fair and equitable way to treat customers who are paying for Elite. If a change is coming that is going to have a major material change in the value of the product you pay for, you need to be officially notified in advance so that you can take the needed action. To make it so that "people in the know" end up with millions or tens of millions of gold while people who weren't "in the know" get nothing (despite both paying the same for Elite) is not like "you snooze, you lose." When customers taking a break come back and find out that, if they had been there at the right time and known the right inside information, they could have instantly made millions of gold, how are they going to feel? Do you think they're going to be like "oh, I guess that's fair; I missed it"? Of course not...

So anyway, I think it's a bit of a bigger deal than you suggest.

(Edit: Most of this is a moot point now.)
  • This is ridiculous. The economy issue would have self resolved within 2-3 months. The real issue is the experience being rolled back, I and many others I know took several days off of work to enjoy this patch, only to be slapped in the face with an extended maintenance?????? So not only did I essentially take leave for no reason, I also wasted many hours reaching 66 and a half, just to be slapped in the face again with a rollback??? How hard is it to just remove the duped stuff as that is the only true issue.
  • Well, this went well, Lost a character i made just after maintenance and i only got like 2.4m from all the instance reset scrolls on top of it all.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    BearShoes 12:44PM
    As compensation, once maintenance completes we will be running a 24 hour bonus XP event of 20% for 24 hours on all level 65+ dungeons and zones.

are these people even aware of how bad they screwed people over, wasting their time grinding? this is literally pathetic.
  • Is it possible to send lvl 65 characters a high % xp bonus scroll so those who DID dedicate last night to leveling can get through the level again in half the time? That would be a compromise, at least.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    im angry, amused, and glad! thanks eme i get my elin costumes back that was basically stole from me :grin:
    but big middle finger to you i spent last 14 hrs geting to 66 :D
  • This is ridiculous. The economy issue would have self resolved within 2-3 months. The real issue is the experience being rolled back, I and many others I know took several days off of work to enjoy this patch, only to be slapped in the face with an extended maintenance?????? So not only did I essentially take leave for no reason, I also wasted many hours reaching 66 and a half, just to be slapped in the face again with a rollback??? How hard is it to just remove the duped stuff as that is the only true issue.