[TERA PC & CONSOLE] TERA’s annual summer celebration is back with a vengeance. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20
[TERA Console] We will be entering maintenance on Monday, August 3 at 7 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details and updates, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Rollback Discussion

Comments

• LyanniLyanni ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    How hard is it to just remove the duped stuff as that is the only true issue.

FWIW, it would have been completely impossible. The impact of the exploits was so complete and excessive that it already completely altered the entire economy. The entire broker was bought out and everything relisted at multiple times the price. Gold has shifted all over the game. Basically, it was a cataclysmic event.

It absolutely totally sucks for people who didn't abuse any exploits and were playing the game fairly in the last day, and there's no way around that. But yeah... there would have been no other viable way to clean up this mess.

It doesnt matter how much people try to explain, some people won't understand the problem counterpoint...
    It sucks for the one's that took the time to do stuff fairly, but if there isnt other way around the rollback was needed.

see this quote? people don't understand, trying to explain is just wasting time.
    HitAhARD16 wrote: »

The item dupe isnt even that game changing, its the people complaining about not getting on the bandwagon

EDIT: I must say that EME should have addressed the issue earlier, and closed the server till something was done, or at least make people know that progress could potentialy be rollbacked.
  • Again, the economy would of settled to deal with the influx of gold the SES was not game breaking people just say it. Lots of folks didnt have the scrolls to sell and felt left out complained said it broke the game and demanded a rollback. Id ask the support team to sit down drink more coffee and let it do its work then make a decision about a rollback. Just a bunch of people mad they missed the bandwagon is all.
  • ViauxiViauxi ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Just the typical sheer incompetence. Nothing new here!
    It is just scientifically fascinating watching this company consistently fail at literally everything for the last 5 years. I somehow, without fail, always return to this game only to witness yet another trainwreck of a show that is worse than the one before. Wait a whole day to try to fix an economy ruining, game breaking bug. Just wow. I have no words.

They have a gem of an game, 2 if you count pubG. And the amount of failure between the both of them is just astonishing. I honestly think a new word needs to be invented specifically for the level of incompetence that is prevalent in the gaming industry today.
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    A roll back is good, and for the people complaining they lost ~16 hours of playing, that's just it, 16 hours of playing. As opposed to losing a whole economy and messing up every new person that decides to play this game or anyone that didn't have elite. Get a grip guys.

My time is more important than the game economy.
    Also this rollback could have been done instantly, the moment they hotfixed the ses issue, it should have been done.

Now I lose my valuable time because eme was lazy? People have every right to be upset.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    NerdFury wrote: »
    20% bonus exp compensation? LOL we need 200% boost.
    wtf i just hit lvl 66 :/

dont forget rested exp cuz you waste all
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    sanj66 wrote: »
    As a result, we will be executing an emergency maintenance. During this time, we will be accomplishing three things:
    Player progress will be rolled back to just before maintenance ended on 4/9.
    Dismantling semi-enigmatic scrolls will have an adjusted rate of delivery for entropic emblems.
    Free instance reset scrolls obtained from the Elite consumables box will have its sale price reduced drastically.

why wasnt this done yesterday when the exploit was discovered? even an eme employee said there is more than likely going to be no rollback and some of us grinded levels which now is wasted time, great job eme, only took you all almost a day for mainty, and a day to decide to roll back and screw people who leveled over.....

Context is important, you can not take one gm Opinion, for how the whole company feels cause the word i was used if the gm used we you can flame them up. Then again na player base loves to cheat so we get punished for it.
  • jrs1 wrote: »
    Can we have some bonus exp for below level 65 also? I know leveling is already fast, but I just spent a few hours leveling with no idea that the rollback was going to happen. I actually think I made the character after maintenance so he'll probably be gone and have to re-level.

Yes at least give us some bonus xp too Its not just to give them only to 65+. Im soo [filtered] of that I really considering if log in game again or just move on.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭

FWIW, it would have been completely impossible. The impact of the exploits was so complete and excessive that it already completely altered the entire economy. The entire broker was bought out and everything relisted at multiple times the price. Gold has shifted all over the game. Basically, it was a cataclysmic event.

It absolutely totally sucks for people who didn't abuse any exploits and were playing the game fairly in the last day, and there's no way around that. But yeah... there would have been no other viable way to clean up this mess.

agreed but it should have been done last night, as idk if you saw this but
    https://i.imgur.com/E5sovgY.png
    the issue is why did it take so long and for a gm to give players false hope into going forward leveling,
  • Dang I rarely login on this page but goodness mistakes after mistakes, I don't care about the gold I got around 6m from selling them scrolls you can have it (definitely not players fault), but men, to see all players efforts hours of grinding rolled back is very disappointing. Obviously people are not doing their job properly, the incompetence is very strong on this one.
  • I feel like a rollback was necessary due to how absolutely messed the economy got due to the duping and hyperinflation and etc, but for people who legitimately spent hours working their butts off trying to get levels and gear with the new patch, the only compensation being a 20% xp boost feels like someone walking into a burn ward with a roll of bandages and jar of vaseline expecting everyone to be healed by tomorrow.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    A roll back is good, and for the people complaining they lost ~16 hours of playing, that's just it, 16 hours of playing. As opposed to losing a whole economy and messing up every new person that decides to play this game or anyone that didn't have elite. Get a grip guys.

Are you 0iq? New Players aren't the one's syncing thousands of dollars into this company to keep them afloat. I would rather a big F**k you to those "new" players than to ostracize those who actively keep up and support the game. The economy would have self-stabilized eventually. They've screwed everyone over two-fold for absolutely no other reason than their own incompetence.

Are you that upset over losing a few hours of grind as opposed to losing a ton of players (including veterans!) because of these item dupes and reset scroll messups? Half a day of grind is a tiny amount of grind you'll have to do to reach lvl 70 on one character, let alone multiple. Seriously, chill the heck out. Most people here seem to be rabid, sounds scary lmao

Losing one day is somehow worse than losing months of gold grind and lost value in emp purchases which breeds discontent and makes people leave. You people.

i can more than assure you vets are more pissed at losing their time grinding that gold fyi
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyanni wrote: »

It doesnt matter how much people try to explain, some people won't understand the problem counterpoint...
    It sucks for the one's that took the time to do stuff fairly, but if there isnt other way around the rollback was needed.

see this quote? people don't understand, trying to explain is just wasting time.

The item dupe isnt even that game changing, its the people complaining about not getting on the bandwagon

EDIT: I must say that EME should have addressed the issue earlier, and closed the server till something was done, or at least make people know that progress could potentialy be rollbacked.

Unfortunately, no.
    Communicating something like:
    "Hi, guys.
    We're aware there was a major issue with the reset scroll sale price and other major exploits.
    A rollback might be required tomorrow or in the next few days.
    Unfortunately, we need to contact BHS because we have no autonomy whatsoever."
    That seems so difficult.
  • 50% of the values practiced in the European patch, I would already be happy.

-Scroll EU:

Alpha Instance Reset Scroll -1000g
    Beta Instance Reset Scroll -1250g
    Gamma Instance Reset Scroll -1500g
    Delta Instance Reset Scroll -1750g
    Epsilon Instance Reset Scroll -2000g
    Zeta Instance Reset Scroll -2250g
    Eta Instance Reset Scroll -2500g
  • They literally hot patched the SES bug that didnt effect the game in a huge way. THEN decided to do a rollback the next day? WTF? Peoples biggest complaint about the TB? Sooo that guy that was selling a hello kitty pet for 3 mil is mad that somebody actually paid 3 mil for it when he could of gotten 5-6 million if he was there for the influx of gold? Nope its the people that missed the chance that are complaining the most. None of what you need to progress in the game is solely found in the TB. Yet the influx of gold is the most touted reason for the reset.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Screw the gold, screw the semis. What pisses me off the most is the hours I've put in last night to playing the game, rushing to 66. Luckily I gave up early and didnt stay up all night playing. I feel bad for the players who have taken work off, played for hours to rush to 66-67. If I alone felt like uninstalling the game the moment I heard about this, I can only imagine how some others feel about it.

You really care more about yourself than the health of the game? The impact what this semis/reset scroll exploit will have will persist for very very long time and your wasted day only took 1 night.
    The economy would have self-stabilized eventually.

Don't agree because I witnessed in other mmorpg with hackers pouring massive amount of gold and GM's trying to block and track the trades but most of the gold was impossible to track also innocent people possibly being banned too. Same with items being duped. After 5 years the game still has destroyed economy and you couldn't buy anything as a new player. So doing a rollback is best course of action because as I described up here it would be impossible to track where the gold/items went to at some point.

Don't cry either because it's only 1 day because I played a MMORPG called SRO and we had a 1 week rollback from 1 hacker that figured out a GM account and generating gold.