Rollback Discussion

Comments

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    They literally hot patched the SES bug that didnt effect the game in a huge way. THEN decided to do a rollback the next day? WTF? Peoples biggest complaint about the TB? Sooo that guy that was selling a hello kitty pet for 3 mil is mad that somebody actually paid 3 mil for it when he could of gotten 5-6 million if he was there for the influx of gold? Nope its the people that missed the chance that are complaining the most. None of what you need to progress in the game is solely found in the TB. Yet the influx of gold is the most touted reason for the reset.

Apologies, but are you blind?
    This is literally in the same thread.
    tyeme.png
    Do you honestly believe only a single player managed this?
  • M4JYYX3JRG wrote: »
    50% of the values practiced in the European patch, I would already be happy.

-Scroll EU:

Alpha Instance Reset Scroll -1000g
    Beta Instance Reset Scroll -1250g
    Gamma Instance Reset Scroll -1500g
    Delta Instance Reset Scroll -1750g
    Epsilon Instance Reset Scroll -2000g
    Zeta Instance Reset Scroll -2250g
    Eta Instance Reset Scroll -2500g

I literally posted that had people paid attention to EU when they got the patch they would of known that this was comming. I consolidated all my scrolls and took everything i had for sale on the TB off. Sigh lol i think im done with arguing this. Ive officially been mEMEd.
  • HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    They literally hot patched the SES bug that didnt effect the game in a huge way. THEN decided to do a rollback the next day? WTF? Peoples biggest complaint about the TB? Sooo that guy that was selling a hello kitty pet for 3 mil is mad that somebody actually paid 3 mil for it when he could of gotten 5-6 million if he was there for the influx of gold? Nope its the people that missed the chance that are complaining the most. None of what you need to progress in the game is solely found in the TB. Yet the influx of gold is the most touted reason for the reset.

Apologies, but are you blind?
    This is literally in the same thread.
    tyeme.png
    Do you honestly believe only a single player managed this?

and having a [filtered] load of crafting mats hurts the economy how? Introducing golden and silver talents to the economy that people were complaining were scarce hurt the economy is bad how? Im not blind i took a second to see how that could hurt the economy and decided it was negligible.
  • M4JYYX3JRG wrote: »
    50% of the values practiced in the European patch, I would already be happy.

-Scroll EU:

Alpha Instance Reset Scroll -1000g
    Beta Instance Reset Scroll -1250g
    Gamma Instance Reset Scroll -1500g
    Delta Instance Reset Scroll -1750g
    Epsilon Instance Reset Scroll -2000g
    Zeta Instance Reset Scroll -2250g
    Eta Instance Reset Scroll -2500g

This man. EU did it. No rollback. Come to NA bunch of kids cry about the fact that they did't have any reset scroll and didn't make a bunch of gold.
    Bottom line is, this has been out for a while. We knew the prices, we knew what was coming. Those who got rich off of this, would have helped the economy. We wouldn't just have one or two people dominating the TB. More people investing in buying. Given time, everything would have settled down. The prices on stuff will go up REGARDLESS of what happened last night because of the increase of the gold on vanguard quests. I don't know man, the whole situation is a huge mess.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    Lapomko wrote: »
    Screw the gold, screw the semis. What pisses me off the most is the hours I've put in last night to playing the game, rushing to 66. Luckily I gave up early and didnt stay up all night playing. I feel bad for the players who have taken work off, played for hours to rush to 66-67. If I alone felt like uninstalling the game the moment I heard about this, I can only imagine how some others feel about it.

You really care more about yourself than the health of the game? The impact what this semis/reset scroll exploit will have will persist for very very long time and your wasted day only took 1 night.
    The economy would have self-stabilized eventually.

Don't agree because I witnessed in other mmorpg with hackers pouring massive amount of gold and GM's trying to block and track the trades but most of the gold was impossible to track also innocent people possibly being banned too. Same with items being duped. After 5 years the game still has destroyed economy and you couldn't buy anything as a new player. So doing a rollback is best course of action because as I described up here it would be impossible to track where the gold/items went to at some point.

Don't cry either because it's only 1 day because I played a MMORPG called SRO and we had a 1 week rollback from 1 hacker that figured out a GM account and generating gold.

because it happened in one game doesnt mean it was right for that game or this one. the gold would have affected nothing you NEED in game, people talking about new players, you literally farm everything you need and enchanting costs are the same, if they had increased inchating cost to deal with the inflation sure then it would be an issue. if you all cared so much about the economy where were you all with the first mongo event? or when someone leaked the token rates to their friends when they were supposed to make a guide for eme? because losing 1 day for you is not a problem doesnt mean it is for everyone else, i can ask you the same thing do you put your self ahead of the game?
  • LyanniLyanni ✭✭

I literally posted that had people paid attention to EU when they got the patch they would of known that this was comming. I consolidated all my scrolls and took everything i had for sale on the TB off. Sigh lol i think im done with arguing this. Ive officially been mEMEd.

You need to take a while and read carefully what's the problem, I dont think you have a clue what's the problem.
    With every reply you make im more sure that you have no clue.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    Xenomaren wrote: »
    Mod Edit: Removed personal attack in quote

Calm down and take a deep breath. You'll be grinding a couple of weeks non stop. You lost only 16~ hours provided that you played the whole time after the servers went up. It's really, really not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things and it's better EME did this later than never. They should've done it right away and it would've been much better but this is better than leaving it as is.
    NerdFury wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    A roll back is good, and for the people complaining they lost ~16 hours of playing, that's just it, 16 hours of playing. As opposed to losing a whole economy and messing up every new person that decides to play this game or anyone that didn't have elite. Get a grip guys.

My time is more important than the game economy.
    Also this rollback could have been done instantly, the moment they hotfixed the ses issue, it should have been done.

Now I lose my valuable time because eme was lazy? People have every right to be upset.

Your name fits your post lmao
    Anyway you deserve the right to be upset but you should also be able to see why this was ultimately the right decision and why leaving it as is would have harmed you more than this MINOR setback. I've got 7k (steam logged...) hours in this game and 16 hours is like 0.2%, in the end it's just a small amount of time lost for a big fix. Also who knows, this [filtered] up economy could've made you quit sometime into the future so /shrug
  • Getting lots of entrophic emblems, gold and golden talents legitly? Doubt it..

Getting a unique item from a rare dungeon drop and rollback items? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

?name=TERA_ScreenShot_20190410_114244.png

Seriously, rare may be the cases, but yestereday on a AAHM run i got a Energetic Trascended mask and now its getting rerolled....

That wont ease the thing that THOSE MASKS ARE RARE! >:V
  • TailofHartsTailofHarts ✭✭
    edited April 10
    A roll back is good, and for the people complaining they lost ~16 hours of playing, that's just it, 16 hours of playing. As opposed to losing a whole economy and messing up every new person that decides to play this game or anyone that didn't have elite. Get a grip guys.

Are you 0iq? New Players aren't the one's syncing thousands of dollars into this company to keep them afloat. I would rather a big F**k you to those "new" players than to ostracize those who actively keep up and support the game. The economy would have self-stabilized eventually. They've screwed everyone over two-fold for absolutely no other reason than their own incompetence.

Are you that upset over losing a few hours of grind as opposed to losing a ton of players (including veterans!) because of these item dupes and reset scroll messups? Half a day of grind is a tiny amount of grind you'll have to do to reach lvl 70 on one character, let alone multiple. Seriously, chill the heck out. Most people here seem to be rabid, sounds scary lmao

Losing one day is somehow worse than losing months of gold grind and lost value in emp purchases which breeds discontent and makes people leave. You people.

Breeds discontent? You act like everyone was okay with the game before the patch dropped. Who do you think are the people out there grinding their asses off last night? A whole [filtered] ton of veterans. I know so many of them and not a single one of them complained about this nonsense. All they did was get on and do their thing, grind. I don't think you get the fact that these "couple hours of grinding" aren't simple hours. Many people took time that they could have spent making real money to play this game. You know what they got? 15 hours of maintenance (roughly after this emergency one), a Rollback, and a [filtered] 20% xp buff. Anything rng that was obtained, now lost. It's not a simple matter, stop acting like it is. The rollback is just another bandaid on an already dying game. As a veteran, this is by far the furthest I've seen enmasse shove their heads up their own asses.
  • Hahaa Sanj brought up the mongos that was a big one.
    Lyanni wrote: »

You need to take a while and read carefully what's the problem, I dont think you have a clue what's the problem.
    With every reply you make im more sure that you have no clue.

So break it down what IS the problem as you see it
  • Getting lots of entrophic emblems, gold and golden talents legitly? Doubt it..

Getting a unique item from a rare dungeon drop and rollback items? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

?name=TERA_ScreenShot_20190410_114244.png

Seriously, rare may be the cases, but yestereday on a AAHM run i got a Energetic Trascended mask and now its getting rerolled....

That wont ease the thing that THOSE MASKS ARE RARE! >:V

You dont need the mask You will get a nice 20% xp as compensation (Just being sarcastic)
  • NerdFury wrote: »
    My time is more important than the game economy.
    Also this rollback could have been done instantly, the moment they hotfixed the ses issue, it should have been done.

Now I lose my valuable time because eme was lazy? People have every right to be upset.

Enmasse doesn't own they game. Just the rights to publish it. I imagine any changes made had to be discussed over with Bluehole first, including possible fixes to the problem. This statement you made here only makes you sound egocentric...
  • @TailofHarts LOL take your upvote
  • CatfeineCatfeine ✭✭
    edited April 10
    As someone who made a good chunk of money off the reset scrolls, I honestly think the rollback is a good idea.
    People can say that the market would "balance itself out" after awhile, but that's just not fair to new players. I'm an old time player who just came back a few weeks ago, and even then the market was pretty high. Though still doable since gold seems to be a little easier to get now without having to buy stuff with EMP. Granted in Kaiator the market is higher than in Velika (I've got characters on both).

It's a little upsetting losing the costumes you finally got to buy after so long, but a lot of people didn't just buy costumes because they have been wanting them, a lot of people bought them to make profit off them later. Plus the huge exploit with semi's was just ridiculous, I know someone who took advantage of it, and it was just mind boggling. The people who made tons and tons of gold are going to be salty about the rollback, but you'll still be getting some of that money back, just not nearly as much so it doesn't break the economy.
    I do agree that EME should have rolled back a lot sooner than this, but the game did take awhile to even get finished.

Sorry if what I said was already mostly stated in this thread, I just thought I'd give my opinion on the matter as someone who was part of the people who got to profit off the reset scrolls.
  • As a veteran, this is by far the furthest I've seen enmasse shove their heads up their own asses.

Best. Comment. On. This. Thread.