[TERA PC] With anniversary concluded and our servers stabilized, we are re-enabling the Adventure Coin system, starting 10 a.m. PT on June 5 (Fri) with the scheduled Weekend Dungeon Highlight. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Rollback Discussion

Comments

• Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    How long does it take to do a rollback?

It's unknown how long it will take for them to rollback the server. They'll give an ETA when they get one. (hopefully.)
  • Im reading these comments and holy [filtered] there are so many greedy people here and so many mad nerds that they lost their "progress" in the past 16 hours.
    How selfish can you be to be crying over your 1 [filtered] level up you got when the entire game broke , when a [filtered] group of people bought the ENTIRE Trade broker and put the prices higher, THEN ANOTHER group did the same and it went over.
    Now many of you mad uneducated fuckign retards ask how this affected the game in a bad way, did any of you crying plebs even checked the TB today? Talents were few times higher than normal , darics were the same , EVERYTHING was more expencive, even glasses i had for sale were bought and put on the market for [filtered] 200k gold when i sold them for 30.
    Why this happened? (you wont ask because you are obviously braindead) It happened because someone made [filtered] 150 millions gold out of nothing and could literally dictate how you play the game.
    stop crying your [filtered] asses off over your "lost" progress in 1 level when the [filtered] patch isnt even intended so you reach 5 lvls in 2 days. Also if you managed to reach 1 lvl in 1 day , congrats you gonna do it again because you obviously have nothing else to do than grind 15 hours a day, while the rest of the playerbase cant play that much even if we wanted to.
    So yeah if 10% of the playerbase is "hurt" about the [filtered] exp lost or even the quests ( LIKE SOMEONE IS FORCING YOU TO DO QUESTS OR LEVEL UP, ITS A [filtered] GAME DO WHAT YOU WANT) it will be FOREVER better than the game being broken as [filtered] and probably 100 players on server dictating how the game goes because they simply can with the amount of gold they got from nothing.
    So shut your crying asses and be happy this is getting done.
    Yes its a bit late for a rollback but holy [filtered] was i happy when i got dced while playing because i didnt know its happening, if your tiny brains with 4 braincells cant understand what the [filtered] just happened with the last patch now , you would have understood in the future probably and left the game instantly altho by that time it would have been 100 people playing it anyways.
    I cant express how pissed off i get from reading these selfish [filtered] fuckign comments crying over everything.
    You got 20% exp boost as compensation? be [filtered] gratefull about it its better than what happened, EVERYTHING is better than what happened.
    But ofcourse im gonna get flamed now by the "elitists" after i post this with your shittalk like "i paid 10000000$ to this game bla bla bla bal bla" , let me tell you something pal, NOBODY GIVES A [filtered] NOBODY ASKED YOU DO TO IT NOBODY FORCED U TO DO IT. So shut the [filtered] up and play if you wanna play.

EDIT: Would you look at that?
    As additional compensation:
    From the end of maintenance to Monday, April 15th @ 4am PDT, logging in will gain you 5 days of elite status time. If you already have elite status, this will be added on to that existing Elite status time.

As well, purchases that were claimed from the item claim during the period between the ending of the 4/9 maintenance and the beginning of today's maintenance, those purchases will be re-added to your item claim so that there are no lost items.

Let me hear your [filtered] cries about YOU not getting FREE stuff after the FREE stuff you got is removed ?

wow you took all that time and pissed off a bunch of people to say that its all about gold. LOL
  • HitAhARD16HitAhARD16 ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    --deleted--
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    Time to ask all players their start date when they apply to my LFGs so I can actually kill the game by denying them from my parties so they have no reason to play, since they want to cry to the forums and have my personal time (HINT: THIS IS THE IMPORTANT THING. PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN OFF WORK JUST TO BE SLAPPED IN THE FACE) rolled back because they couldn't make the same gold as someone who's had elite for close to 5 years straight.

No, my start date is May 1, 2012 when the game launched and I've been a subscriber or Elite basically the entire time. There is a perspective that is about a lot more than just "what's in it for me." These economic exploits completely undervalued the time we all spent in the game, veterans and new players alike -- not just the last 16 hours of time, but years of time spent in the game. So this decision actually was about valuing your time. The short term pain will pass.

not if people quit over the continued incompetence and issues, do you think people who legit grinded are happy and want to regrind? and lets be real the people who actually play the game, from even back then value the time they spent yesterday over the nostalgia of the past my dude.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    Melyodis wrote: »
    NA player base is to greedy, the economy would have never stabilized.

THIS is the reason there is a rollback because the greedy peeps didnt get to cash in also, lol.

And your still here missing the point is not about the gold dude. You got gold free for hoarding some scroll and yet still listing items for far more that its worth and what about the ses exploit. I saw the rollback was asked for after the ses expoilt was leaked, cause those who found it refrained from reporting it that's just greed of its self. No honesty or morals. None of this happend on EU why? they not greedy like us.

Your done rich and still want to be more rich. why didn't golden talents raise to 90g to cover the 2%, or the golden plates that i saw for 3k per plates raise to 700g and what about the other items costumes ect that went sky high. The issue is greed its not about the gold we all got from the reset scrolls.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »

It's unknown how long it will take for them to rollback the server. They'll give an ETA when they get one. (hopefully.)

Mockery:
    EME 1 - "It's been 3 days and we lost both the live data and backup!"
    EME 2 - "Hurry, call BHS!"
    BHS -
    this-is-fine.0.jpg
    *Chuckle*
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    sanj66 wrote: »
    Time to ask all players their start date when they apply to my LFGs so I can actually kill the game by denying them from my parties so they have no reason to play, since they want to cry to the forums and have my personal time (HINT: THIS IS THE IMPORTANT THING. PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN OFF WORK JUST TO BE SLAPPED IN THE FACE) rolled back because they couldn't make the same gold as someone who's had elite for close to 5 years straight.

No, my start date is May 1, 2012 when the game launched and I've been a subscriber or Elite basically the entire time. There is a perspective that is about a lot more than just "what's in it for me." These economic exploits completely undervalued the time we all spent in the game, veterans and new players alike -- not just the last 16 hours of time, but years of time spent in the game. So this decision actually was about valuing your time. The short term pain will pass.

not of people quit over the continued incompetence and issues, do you think people who legit grinded are happy and want to regrind? and lets be real the people who actually play the game, from even back then value the time they spent yesterday over the nostalgia of the past my dude.

If you wanna be real, let's be real. The game is still heavily populated at times after everyone has screamed 'I'M QUITTING AND NEVER COMING BACK.' Honestly, 'quitting' has become more of a meme than anything else around here.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »

Mockery:
    EME 1 - "It's been 3 days and we lost both the live data and backup!"
    EME 2 - "Hurry, call BHS!"
    BHS -
    this-is-fine.0.jpg
    *Chuckle*

Margaret, darling. Long-time-no-see. ♥
  • HitAhARD16 wrote: »

What economic exploits my dude? SES to golden talents that people have been complaining they need to introduce more into the game OR the GOLD? I finally got paid then capitalized on all the time and money for elite ive spent in the game. The deal with the rollback im sure is the greed of the people that missed out.

I have a hard time believing that you're arguing in good faith, so I'm not going to keep repeating myself after this. When people exploit the economy for selfish gain, the entire game loses. The people who exploited got an advantage they did not deserve at all. That includes you. You did not deserve to "get paid" for "all the time and money for elite" more than anyone else who paid the same thing, just because you opened your Elite Consumable Boxes before the patch and others who weren't aware did not. This is blatantly and obvious unfair. If this was an award given to all Elite players globally as a thanks for their loyalty and all paying subscribers could benefit, great. (I'm in generally favor of loyalty rewards for long-time Elite subscribers, by the way.) But that's not what this was.

You're accusing people arguing out of self-interest, but you're just projecting your own reasons for the argument into the debate. Fairness is a principle that has nothing to do with whether you personally won or lost in the deal.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    Im reading these comments and holy [filtered] there are so many greedy people here and so many mad nerds that they lost their "progress" in the past 16 hours.
    How selfish can you be to be crying over your 1 [filtered] level up you got when the entire game broke , when a [filtered] group of people bought the ENTIRE Trade broker and put the prices higher, THEN ANOTHER group did the same and it went over.
    Now many of you mad uneducated fuckign retards ask how this affected the game in a bad way, did any of you crying plebs even checked the TB today? Talents were few times higher than normal , darics were the same , EVERYTHING was more expencive, even glasses i had for sale were bought and put on the market for [filtered] 200k gold when i sold them for 30.
    Why this happened? (you wont ask because you are obviously braindead) It happened because someone made [filtered] 150 millions gold out of nothing and could literally dictate how you play the game.
    stop crying your [filtered] asses off over your "lost" progress in 1 level when the [filtered] patch isnt even intended so you reach 5 lvls in 2 days. Also if you managed to reach 1 lvl in 1 day , congrats you gonna do it again because you obviously have nothing else to do than grind 15 hours a day, while the rest of the playerbase cant play that much even if we wanted to.
    So yeah if 10% of the playerbase is "hurt" about the [filtered] exp lost or even the quests ( LIKE SOMEONE IS FORCING YOU TO DO QUESTS OR LEVEL UP, ITS A [filtered] GAME DO WHAT YOU WANT) it will be FOREVER better than the game being broken as [filtered] and probably 100 players on server dictating how the game goes because they simply can with the amount of gold they got from nothing.
    Yes its a bit late for a rollback but holy [filtered] was i happy when i got dced while playing because i didnt know its happening, if your tiny brains with 4 braincells cant understand what the [filtered] just happened with the last patch now , you would have understood in the future probably and left the game instantly altho by that time it would have been 100 people playing it anyways.
    I cant express how pissed off i get from reading these selfish [filtered] fuckign comments crying over everything.
    You got 20% exp boost as compensation? be [filtered] gratefull about it its better than what happened, EVERYTHING is better than what happened.
    But ofcourse im gonna get flamed now by the "elitists" after i post this with your shittalk like "i paid 10000000$ to this game bla bla bla bal bla" , let me tell you something pal, NOBODY GIVES A [filtered] NOBODY ASKED YOU DO TO IT NOBODY FORCED U TO DO IT. So shut the [filtered] up and play if you wanna play.

EDIT:
    Would you look at that?

From the end of maintenance to Monday, April 15th @ 4am PDT, logging in will gain you 5 days of elite status time. If you already have elite status, this will be added on to that existing Elite status time.

As well, purchases that were claimed from the item claim during the period between the ending of the 4/9 maintenance and the beginning of today's maintenance, those purchases will be re-added to your item claim so that there are no lost items.

Let me hear your [filtered] cries about YOU not getting FREE stuff after the FREE stuff you got is removed ?

that compensation amounts to nothing lol, 20% exp for 24 hours, 5 days elite and your going to get back your purchses. lets see 20% exp does not equate to the time or effort spent to level yesterday, legit leveling. getting back purchases doest equate to if you made the purchases yeterday and got a rare item, cuz guess what you're gonna get back a loot box and not the item. 5 days elite whats the point if you pissed people off to the point they dont care to bother with your title anymore? you jsut seem salty over not making gold yesterday, i didnt part take of the leveling bug or talent bug, i grinded legit and guess what me and my guildmates get a big f u as does the majority of the actual endgame players. if you're gonna talk about the gold there is nothing on the broker you NEED, there are items you CHOOSE to buy or WANT, you can literally farm everything you need to enchant etc and you can make gold easier as a new player to enchant by selling less of your talents to make gold to enchant so where was the issue and how does this adversely affect new palyers?
  • Im reading these comments and holy [filtered] there are so many greedy people here and so many mad nerds that they lost their "progress" in the past 16 hours.

EDIT: Would you look at that?

It seems you have very little regard for all of the comments that have been posted on this thread thus far. Instead you're choosing to act like a belligerent adolescent going through their "hormone changes." Keep going though, let out your stress. That's what we're here for isn't it? I for one didn't use any exploit. I logged on, sold my scrolls, bought what I wanted from broker and went about my day grinding. My point is, Many of us complaining aren't even the greedy ones abusing the exploits. Do you think those people would be on this thread right now still talking about this? No, they're probably rolling in their chairs laughing their asses off while everyone is discombobulated and running around without their heads.
  • Funny how they keep trying to put a bandaid over a gushing wound. 5 days of elite! 20% exp bonus! Woo. So wait, thats the price of people's time?
    Like 5 days of elite? Elite status not even WORTH it anymore. It is such a small help for $15 that they charge it ain't even funny.
  • Melyodis wrote: »

THIS is the reason there is a rollback because the greedy peeps didnt get to cash in also, lol.

And your still here missing the point is not about the gold dude. You got gold free for hoarding some scroll and yet still listing items for far more that its worth and what about the ses exploit. I saw the rollback was asked for after the ses expoilt was leaked, cause those who found it refrained from reporting it that's just greed of its self. No honesty or morals. None of this happend on EU why? they not greedy like us.

Your done rich and still want to be more rich. why didn't golden talents raise to 90g to cover the 2%, or the golden plates that i saw for 3k per plates raise to 700g and what about the other items costumes ect that went sky high. The issue is greed its not about the gold we all got from the reset scrolls.

SO what your saying is R O L L B A C K because were greedy?
    Still no mention on how any of this broke the actual game?
    Making profit in game is bad... getting a sweet deal in game is bad... getting more GOLD is worthy of a rollback?
    You think the price of a golden talents/plates would of remained that high with the SES glitch feeding literally millions of them back into the game?
    So pretty much ROLLBACK because of GOLD it seems.
  • Melyodis wrote: »

You fail to understand the concept of a free market. An item is worth what someone will pay for it. The seller has to pay a listing fee regardless, so they will lose money if they post for a price people will not buy at.
    Not only rich people sell.
    Poor people and new players have an opportunity to sell stuff too, at increased prices, see my prior posts.
    The market wasn't "ruined" due to the short term inflation. Infact, it gave poor people a very great opportunity (read up on the greater fool theory) to sell some very easy to get stuff at a nice price and level out the gold and reach an equilibrium.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    @TailofHarts
    Yep. The best part is, eme is a subsidiary to bhs. They should be the region that's thriving and doing better than other regions due to y'know having better access and communication with bhs. But nope. Here we are, with a patch that's two weeks later than EU's, patch notes that can't even rival theirs, reset scrolls that were allegedly adjusted for NA's economy *cough*notheyweren't*cough* and all other things that got messed up, that somehow other regions didn't mess up. EME sure is getting special treatment, and that treatment is neglect.
    This rollback should be a wake-up call to start testing patches more thoroughly but eh. Ehhh.

Even if they test patches thoroughly they couldn't have planned for NA greed. I mean seriously, golden talents at 3k per talent? Some items seemed to still be reasonably priced ( IE some of the mounts and costumes and loot box's) but i saw people jacking the prices up so severely that no one besides people who hoarded their scrolls could afford. This certainly did not happen on EU , people still ended up with millions of gold there but the economy remained unchanged. No amount of testing done would have prepped them for how NA player actually behave. It's Greed, plain and simple.

3k per talent. Ask yourself who introduces the most talents into the game. People farming IoD. Who farms IoD. New players. That price wouldn't have even stayed btw, by the time I checked broker golden talents were at ~100g. It would have stabilized.

Actually, those golden talents were there from people exploiting and once busted the talents went back down in price. Also wrong on that new player theory. 90% of the people I see on IOD are in Stormcry and even HO so tell me how exactly those people are new players. The reality is, NA= Greedy AF. EU Talents are 16 gold lol but NA oh boy NA is just a greed factory.