[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 02/25 at 8am PST, and have a downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Rollback Discussion

Comments

• I understand that rollback was needed for the entropy token dupe thing.
    But why reset scroll though? Those thing comes from elite box anyway. For those who hoard but didnt open them, well, u still have the elite box with you. EME could've just put something nice in there for u guys. Instead of reducing the reset scroll price..

I deliberately open up those elite boxes when i heard reset scroll are being phased out. I knew its gonna have high merchant sell value. Just like all of those alkahest and other old enchant stuff that i cant remember. Its not an exploit when this kind of thing happened every time new stuff comes in and old stuff phased out.

:unamused:
  • clfarron4 wrote: »
    HitAhARD16 wrote: »

Of course, shall we have another example?
    A bank is unprotected, so people rob it.
    Later, noticing the lack of protection, the bank is protected.
    All robbers are free to enjoy their rewards for robbery.
    Seems fair?

I need another example that ones iffy honestly. So im the robber in this example or am i the protection for the bank? Dont the robbers become criminals? So im a criminal now?

Better example is the one I used. The central bank in your country printing free money for a few people to make them rich. I think Counterpoint used it too.

Thats just it its not a few people most people that play this game even new players get elite. Or grind gold to buy elite. It wasn't just a few people that got rich it was a lot of people. If you did your homework it was literally 200k + gold to buy 2 seven day elite scrolls. The info was there it was out there it was available to everybody. So for your example with the central bank, maybe they put out the info that they were giving out the money but only a few showed up.
  • HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    How it it an "exploit" when it was a possibility for anybody with an elite box to make gold? The ability for anybody to cash in was there. It was not just the lucky few. It literally was open knowledge to anybody that was interested and watched EU's patch. Two weeks this knowledge was out. It was literally stated that the gold from the scrolls were adjusted to NA's economy by a mod already. Its not an exploit an exploit was the SES to SEMI to SES loop my dude. The elite was open to anybody that had elite status. The fact that people didnt see this coming from two weeks ago is the funny part.

This isn't fair at all.

First, why should Elite who hoarded their boxes and their reset scrolls get millions and millions of gold while the people who actually used their scrolls get nothing? The "adjustment" that BHS did to the sale value of the scroll was clearly, obviously, hilariously wrong given the amount of Elite Consumable Boxes in circulation. Given the care and control BHS has taken to preserving the slow/grindy progression speed these months (even if I hate it), there's no way anyone at BHS could see what happened and say "yep, that's exactly what we wanted to happen!". It was broken.

Second, why should paying customers have to pay attention to other regions' patch notes and follow player chatter just to receive a "fair reward". If the intention was to reward Elite players, you would do it in a balanced, equitable way, not "if you so happened to have these scrolls lying around still, we'll make you a multi-millionaire!". You would provide advanced notification so everyone gets a fair chance. You would have clear criteria so there's no misunderstandings/surprises of what you were going to get.

When people heard that the sale values were going to be adjusted for the economy, they rightfully assumed that meant the values would be dropped to maybe 100G or something -- you'd benefit, but it wouldn't be game-breaking or anything. The amounts given are so astronomical that it makes no sense.

Tell me where the fairness is when i do my homework and pass when the people who didnt bomb so, everybody gets a C across the board for.

It's more like you did one unannounced assignment in high school and as a result were instantly granted a full PhD. While it sucks to lose it, you didn't deserve that scale of a reward to start. It's like "bank errors in your favor; collect $200." For $200, they might just overlook it and let you move on. But if it's like "bank errors in your favor; collect $20,000,000."... they won't overlook it.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that rollback was needed for the entropy token dupe thing.
    But why reset scroll though? Those thing comes from elite box anyway. For those who hoard but didnt open them, well, u still have the elite box with you. EME could've just put something nice in there for u guys. Instead of reducing the reset scroll price..

I deliberately open up those elite boxes when i heard reset scroll are being phased out. I knew its gonna have high merchant sell value. Just like all of those alkahest and other old enchant stuff that i cant remember. Its not an exploit when this kind of thing happened every time new stuff comes in and old stuff phased out.

:unamused:

Worry not, I'm sure they'll be able to properly balance the reset scroll sell prices.
    laughing-anime-girl-gif-8.gif
    *Chuckle*
    No, I doubt it.
  • YWLD3DX3WHYWLD3DX3WH ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Something alot more curious, will there be full on account rollbacks for people that purchased benefits with gold yesterday, such as elites and using them, char/bank expansions. LUL.
    If you want to [filtered] my experience gains and time over, please [filtered] over the people that used the opportunity for account services when they finally had gold.
  • VictoriaKeatVictoriaKeat ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Let's put it this way. They can't win no matter what they do. No matter how you do it, you going to have someone pissed off. That just the way it is.
    On one side you got people pissed off about the scroll prices, one another people that think that is fair and it will work out.
    No matter what EME/BHS does at this point its not going to fix the issue. There will be people pissed off, there will be people leaving the game, simply because of the fact of how messed up this all got all because EME/BHS can't get their [filtered] together.

EDIT: I'm more outraged that they didn't think this out and didn't expect this to happen. They took their sweet time with the patch, yet still released it with bugs and problems. This is not players fault. This on EME/BHS, end of story. We just gotta sit here and wait for them to clean the mess they made and p i s s off everyone in the game while doing it.
    edited April 2019
    First, why should Elite who hoarded their boxes and their reset scrolls get millions and millions of gold while the people who actually used their scrolls get nothing? The "adjustment" that BHS did to the sale value of the scroll was clearly, obviously, hilariously wrong given the amount of Elite Consumable Boxes in circulation. Given the care and control BHS has taken to preserving the slow/grindy progression speed these months (even if I hate it), there's no way anyone at BHS could see what happened and say "yep, that's exactly what we wanted to happen!". It was broken..

Actually if you did manage to use all of those scrolls you would have made alot more money than you made by selling them to the npc yesterday. Please, you're almost as bad as EME, at least learn the gains from the dungeons for relevant scrolls for the game you're "player counselling" for.
  • HitAhARD16 wrote: »
    How it it an "exploit" when it was a possibility for anybody with an elite box to make gold? The ability for anybody to cash in was there. It was not just the lucky few. It literally was open knowledge to anybody that was interested and watched EU's patch. Two weeks this knowledge was out. It was literally stated that the gold from the scrolls were adjusted to NA's economy by a mod already. Its not an exploit an exploit was the SES to SEMI to SES loop my dude. The elite was open to anybody that had elite status. The fact that people didnt see this coming from two weeks ago is the funny part.

This isn't fair at all.

First, why should Elite who hoarded their boxes and their reset scrolls get millions and millions of gold while the people who actually used their scrolls get nothing? The "adjustment" that BHS did to the sale value of the scroll was clearly, obviously, hilariously wrong given the amount of Elite Consumable Boxes in circulation. Given the care and control BHS has taken to preserving the slow/grindy progression speed these months (even if I hate it), there's no way anyone at BHS could see what happened and say "yep, that's exactly what we wanted to happen!". It was broken.

Second, why should paying customers have to pay attention to other regions' patch notes and follow player chatter just to receive a "fair reward". If the intention was to reward Elite players, you would do it in a balanced, equitable way, not "if you so happened to have these scrolls lying around still, we'll make you a multi-millionaire!". You would provide advanced notification so everyone gets a fair chance. You would have clear criteria so there's no misunderstandings/surprises of what you were going to get.

When people heard that the sale values were going to be adjusted for the economy, they rightfully assumed that meant the values would be dropped to maybe 100G or something -- you'd benefit, but it wouldn't be game-breaking or anything. The amounts given are so astronomical that it makes no sense.

Tell me where the fairness is when i do my homework and pass when the people who didnt bomb so, everybody gets a C across the board for.

It's more like you did one unannounced assignment in high school and as a result were instantly granted a full PhD. While it sucks to lose it, you didn't deserve that scale of a reward to start. It's like "bank errors in your favor; collect $200." For $200, they might just overlook it and let you move on. But if it's like "bank errors in your favor; collect $20,000,000."... they won't overlook it.

So what your saying is the publisher should of made better patch notes. The information was out there but you shouldn't have to go looking for it and if you did and made a profit from doing so that its not fair. At one point there were what 7 servers? if you were elite and logged into seven different servers to collect boxes then the server merges squished all the boxes together this is my fault? I couldn't use the scrolls fast enough. The people that assumed anything were obviously wrong, they could of just looked how EU patch went down but then again thats work. The employees at microsoft that took stock options instead of bonus's were idiots and greedy same with people who invested in a small company like google (whos that guy)

I shouldnt have to watch EU for patch notes but i did, profit. Or as others here like to say entitled/greedy.
    The gold didnt break the game is the funny part. Its just the people that didnt get a piece of the pie are complaining.
    If i had put more effort into it i could of had 20-30 accounts with elite status for 2 weeks and made millions from two weeks of elite status but i would have people here calling my homework an exploit.

AND if my unannounced assignment from high school is PHD material gimme the PHD.
  • edited April 2019
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »
    First, why should Elite who hoarded their boxes and their reset scrolls get millions and millions of gold while the people who actually used their scrolls get nothing? The "adjustment" that BHS did to the sale value of the scroll was clearly, obviously, hilariously wrong given the amount of Elite Consumable Boxes in circulation. Given the care and control BHS has taken to preserving the slow/grindy progression speed these months (even if I hate it), there's no way anyone at BHS could see what happened and say "yep, that's exactly what we wanted to happen!". It was broken..

Actually if you did manage to use all of those scrolls you would have made alot more money than you made by selling them to the npc yesterday. Please, you're almost as bad as EME, at least learn the gains from the dungeons for relevant scrolls for the game you're "player counselling" for.

People had tens of millions of gold from this. There's no realistic way people could have played that much to extract that much value from all those scrolls over the years, and certainly not as "disposable income." To have that all instantly converted into gold in a second with no effort is obviously not the intention of the game.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    I'm laughing when I hear people that say the economy would have "balanced" out. Personally, I got 55 mil from scolls but that doesn't really matter as much as the fact I was getting over 250+ mil an hour from selling random items at literally random prices. I just went through a single character pulling items from my bank listing them for 1-5 mil ea and I come back after playing a game of league and 90% of them sold rofl. You really REALLY think the economy will stabilize when I (and maybe 3 other people) would have probably ended up with 85%+ of the gold from this gold influx (because people love buying gear/mounts/rare costumes ect)?
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    I'm laughing when I hear people that say the economy would have "balanced" out. Personally, I got 55 mil from scolls but that doesn't really matter as much as the fact I was getting over 250+ mil an hour from selling random items at literally random prices. I just went through a single character pulling items from my bank listing them for 1-5 mil ea and I come back after playing a game of league and 90% of them sold rofl. You really REALLY think the economy will stabilize when I (and maybe 3 other people) would have probably ended up with 85%+ of the gold from this gold influx (because people love buying gear/mounts/rare costumes ect)?

And they still said you'd go bankrupt. I rofl'd so hard kek
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    YWLD3DX3WH wrote: »

People had tens of millions of gold from this. There's no realistic way people could have played that much to extract that much value from all those scrolls over the years, and certainly not as "disposable income."

No, believe they meant it's fair having a similar reward while not having to actually grind the dungeons multiple times.
    edited April 2019
    kamizuma wrote: »

You just answered your own question. Do you really think you and 3 other people could maintain a deathgrip on prices once that 85% you project ended up in your hands? You and I both know the answer as to what would happen with prices. People in this game are bad at holding onto their money and would have spent on stupid stuff like they were already doing. Items are only worth what people will pay for, once that surplus gets milked up by you (and maybe 3 others)...
  • it would of balanced out KAMI back to you and the select few that dont play the game holding most of the gold just like it is now and has been