[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Rollback Discussion

Comments

• what was the SES exploit?

you could dismantle ses, get entropic emblems.

Buy the ses back, along with tons of gold/silver talents and keep repeating.
  • edited April 10
    what was the SES exploit?

They could be dismantled at a much higher token price than the purchase price. So basically, it was an infinite dupe exploit. They were removed from purchase fairly quickly, but by then the damage had been done.
  • Naru2008 wrote: »
    Teekz wrote: »
    curious why EME bans people from their disc for asking questions kind of hard to support a game after behavior such as that, this and all the past mistakes.

They didn't ban people who asked questions. They banned folks who were spam-flooding the channel with quotes and memes, taking away from the discussion, and being over-all general asshats.

If you're going to accuse them of something, at the very least try to make it sound reasonable to someone who was in there while this happened and watched it happen live. Thanks.

i mean i was ip banned during the whole proxy situation? Why you ask. For saying that i've stopped believing in the company due to them making rash decisions. instantly banned after that.
  • Lolitaa wrote: »
    im angry, amused, and glad! thanks eme i get my elin costumes back that was basically stole from me :grin:
    but big middle finger to you i spent last 14 hrs geting to 66 :D

Stole from you? I bet you are one of those people who sell costumes at 1m. ;)
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    @counterpoint Yo, question for you.

I bought some EMP and an item from the shop when the patch was still live. What happens there?
  • edited April 10
    MrPhoenix wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    curious why EME bans people from their disc for asking questions kind of hard to support a game after behavior such as that, this and all the past mistakes.

They didn't ban people who asked questions. They banned folks who were spam-flooding the channel with quotes and memes, taking away from the discussion, and being over-all general asshats.

If you're going to accuse them of something, at the very least try to make it sound reasonable to someone who was in there while this happened and watched it happen live. Thanks.

i mean i was ip banned during the whole proxy situation? Why you ask. For saying that i've stopped believing in the company due to them making rash decisions. instantly banned after that.

It might be tricky to look that far back in the log at this time, but as one of the people who as there at the time, context is important. Although that might have been the last thing you posted, it's unlikely to have been the only thing you posted to lead to the conclusion.

In any case, as I said, we do review ban appeals. People don't get banned just for being critical, just as it is on the forum. And it's off-topic in this thread.

SageWindu wrote: »

I bought some EMP and an item from the shop when the patch was still live. What happens there?

From what I understand, should be that the item you bought is back in Item Claim and able to be claimed again. If not definitely follow-up with support, but that's how it's supposed to work.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I understand, should be that the item you bought is back in Item Claim and able to be claimed again. If not definitely follow-up with support, but that's how it's supposed to work.

Ah, b*lls. I was hoping to get the EMP back as I immediately got buyer's remorse after using the item.

Ah well. :tongue:
  • Meningitis wrote: »
    I'd like a rollback, please. I think it'd be wise. (Hope this isn't a dupe thread by the time I post it)

And regardless of if we get one or not I have this question for En Masse: for the sake of transparency, can you tell us how you came to the conclusion that this was the best course of action for reset scrolls? Or did you just blindly follow what the devs told you to do? Did bhs give you any reasoning? What do you think of the long term consequences of this decision?

You wanted the roll back? So I guess you're cool with how much time people wasted yesterday simply because you didnt benefit. Lets not forget that multiple people lvld to 66 last night and some even on their way to 67. Thats a lot of time commitment wasted. The way I see it, the players are being punished for eme being poor at their jobs and not ensuring the patch worked correctly. No 20% xp buff is going to make the time people wasted okay. This should be totally unacceptable. Complete trash decision.
  • LOOOL now reset scrolls aren't even sellable :)
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    MrPhoenix wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »

It might be tricky to look that far back in the log at this time, but as one of the people who as there at the time, context is important. Although that might have been the last thing you posted, it's unlikely to have been the only thing you posted to lead to the conclusion.

In any case, as I said, we do review ban appeals. People don't get banned just for being critical, just as it is on the forum. And it's off-topic in this thread.

what about the state of scrolls currently they lied, lol, they didnt drastically make they less they made them completely unusable and unsellable. great job once again.
  • KiymoriKiymori ✭✭
    GG all my items in the Item claim were removed, including Anniversary Wings and anything I bought pre patch.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭

I got banned on 3 accounts back during the proxy fiasco, first ban was completely unwarranted and the second two were.. well deserved. But yeah some eme discord mods have a hardon for banning people for the dumbest things. I even had one of the pc members look into it and the reason was "Conduct not allowed here" and my last message was.. "I'm going to eu". Hehe.
  • edited April 10
    sanj66 wrote: »
    what about the state of scrolls currently they lied, lol, they didnt drastically make they less they made them completely unusable and unsellable. great job once again.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with this, at least for now. It is always possible that they could change it to have some sort of sale value later once they can confirm for sure what the appropriate price is, or find some other way to convert them into something usable. At least there's room for further discussion with this approach; it's a sensible containment measure. If we want to have a discussion of what the right thing to do with the scrolls is, at least now we can have it.
  • TJukurenTJukuren ✭✭✭
    EME BITES ZA DUSTO

dnVnAhz.jpg
  • edited April 10
    Vendessa wrote: »
    Meningitis wrote: »
    I'd like a rollback, please. I think it'd be wise. (Hope this isn't a dupe thread by the time I post it)

And regardless of if we get one or not I have this question for En Masse: for the sake of transparency, can you tell us how you came to the conclusion that this was the best course of action for reset scrolls? Or did you just blindly follow what the devs told you to do? Did bhs give you any reasoning? What do you think of the long term consequences of this decision?

You wanted the roll back? So I guess you're cool with how much time people wasted yesterday simply because you didnt benefit. Lets not forget that multiple people lvld to 66 last night and some even on their way to 67. Thats a lot of time commitment wasted. The way I see it, the players are being punished for eme being poor at their jobs and not ensuring the patch worked correctly. No 20% xp buff is going to make the time people wasted okay. This should be totally unacceptable. Complete trash decision.

I totally agree with you. Not to mention most of the people crying over roll back were people who did not get to purchase costumes first.