[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Compensation?

Comments

• edited April 10
    So many entitled %#$%s in the comments.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    Basilisk everywhere , farm for level 70 from highwatch, we promise non permanent item and consumables as part of this compensation. Also triple drops in bastion of lok. Play tera today xd.
  • OurlordOurlord ✭✭
    edited April 11
    Yall reset all my progress from yesterday when i stayed at 5AM... and the other day i have work... now i did all that sht for nothing and we cant even sell the scrolls wtf.. NA (EME) is a fuc*** joke.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    In EME's defense, it's not like people didn't know about the exploit or the extremely high sell rates for the scrolls. No doubt the exploit was all over global and enough people knew about it and used it that EME had no choice but to do a rollback. If you spent a lot of time leveling up during that time, you had to have known the possibility of a rollback was there. People even mentioned the possibility on the forums for a rollback, so I really can't think that so many were totally blindsided by this.

I do think the compensation could have been better. However, glad that EME did fix the problem. Sorry to those that lost a lot of work, but this fix was really needed.
  • JarecksJarecks ✭✭
    edited April 11
    only 20%? and only on Friday?
    I spend all day wasting time and they reset me the exp
    what a disgust
  • edited April 11
    Jarecks wrote: »
    only 20%? and only on Friday?
    I spend all day wasting time and they reset me the exp
    what a disgust

Just for clarity, it's from now until Friday, in addition to the 5-day Elite.
  • buffonsbuffons ✭✭
    edited April 11
    poor counterpoint, always working overtime to cover for EME's never ending mistakes lol. Do you even get paid to do KTC's job for her?
  • edited April 11
    buffons wrote: »
    poor counterpoint, always working overtime to cover for EME's never ending mistakes lol. Do you even get paid to do KTC's job for her?

There's no one at EME whose day-to-day job is managing the forums anymore. We volunteer mods get paid nothing. And I don't care about covering for the mistakes that were obvious just want everyone to have as accurate information about what's going on as possible.
  • Congratulations complain that you feel back from scratch you will not be able to open elite boxes.

waste your time that day

you really make some stop playing or devote less time to the game.

respect reset scroll
    Hopefully put 50% discount

not 20% as you always do to solve problems since 2016
  • Christin wrote: »
    In EME's defense, it's not like people didn't know about the exploit or the extremely high sell rates for the scrolls. No doubt the exploit was all over global and enough people knew about it and used it that EME had no choice but to do a rollback. If you spent a lot of time leveling up during that time, you had to have known the possibility of a rollback was there. People even mentioned the possibility on the forums for a rollback, so I really can't think that so many were totally blindsided by this.

I do think the compensation could have been better. However, glad that EME did fix the problem. Sorry to those that lost a lot of work, but this fix was really needed.

I didn't know at all...I don't read global and rarely come to the boards...I play the game, say hi to friends, and go about my life... I did a lot yesterday to try to get xp...with these new tanky mobs or bams or whatever they are... I only made about 6k with the scrolls i had... i rarely used or gathered them because I don't pay for elite. I logged off, went to bed, woke up, did all my work, said let's progress a bit shall we?? Wait why am I back where I started yesterday?! Yeah I was blindsided and now I'm deleting Tera from my computer. It has been the only source of anger and sorrow the past few months (ever since the proxy scandal). So this is the final nail for me. :(
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11
    Rollback was necessary because the economy was hyperinflated and semis were duped to hell.
    Problem was, anyone who frequented the eme discord got the impression that a rollback wouldn't happen, since we were told by staff that all the hyperinflation was just the game working as Bluehole intended. I imagine anyone who read that news probably thought "oh, okay, I'm safe to do whatever without fear of a rollback now." Then they let the issue sit and compound upon itself for like, 16 hours until the next day, when they presumably took one look at the game, realized all the people screaming about the economy the night before were completely right, and were forced to initiate a rollback.

I think they made the right call in the end, since things were truly [filtered], but by waiting so long and giving the impression that there wouldn't be a rollback at all (remember, on top of the discord response, this game RARELY rolls anything back ever), they still angered a lot of people in the process.

((spoilers: HOT TAKE below, don't forget to COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE AND HIT THAT BELL for more updates))

Having said that, I seriously doubt anyone who's stuck around this long and is still playing NA today will feel like *this* is the final straw. People can act like it and say it all they want, but where were you people when EME screwed over rankings 3 seasons in a row, or when they pushed xigncode and gaslit anyone who said it worsened performance without solving any problems, or when they DMCA'd modders who tried to make the game run better for everyone only to walk back that whole decision, or when they put out a zero tolerance policy on modding of all kinds and frightened people off twitch in the process, or when they "listened" to talent feedback by putting them in the cash shop lootboxes, or when they offloaded the "work" of communicating with players on the forums to community volunteers, or when they dumped all their stream content into a megastream and effectively stopped streaming new content on twitch, or when they failed to deliver content that every other version of the game received, like a classic server? That's alllll fine. But losing like, a day of grind. On a process that's going to take you *months* no matter what. THAT'S the final straw? Yeah, okay. Suuuuuuuure thing. If you haven't quit by now, I just ... I doubt this is gonna be what does it for you. You'll be back in like, a day, and that's not meant to [filtered] on anyone who's upset it's just like ... you've put up with so much grind and so much BS already. Why is this any different for you? Why is THIS the last straw? Hell... even with the big proxy drama a few months ago, eventually people came crawling back when EME walked back their decision.

And this, ultimately, is the problem. Yes, every time a blunder like this occurs, people do genuinely leave. After all those things I listed, people LEFT. I'm not saying they won't. But there's a particular group. I'll call them addicts. And I don't think there's anything EME could do to truly get that particular crowd to quit, and EME knows it. Sure, they'll lose people with each blunder, but there's a subset of people who say they'll quit and then just come right back, drop 200 dollars on lootboxes, cry over RNG when their heroic oath fails, and go right back to grinding. The addict won't leave no matter what. EME could permaban them and they'd cry over it for a week, tell all their friends how "so totally done" they are with the game, and then sure enough a week passes and they're making a new account to start over from scratch. Basically if you're still playing NA after all this crap, but you're feeling like THIS is it, THIS is the thing to make you finally leave, I'm just skeptical. Really really skeptical. It'd be like, if I vomited in your face for weeks but one day I merely sneezed in your direction and you were like "THAT'S IT, NOW I'VE HAD ENOUGH."

Which brings me, at last, to the topic of compensation. This is *why* the compensation can be so lackluster. Because the people administering it are well aware that you're going to [filtered] and moan about it, but in the end you're going to roll your eyes, suck it up, and go right back to grinding. Prove me wrong; you can't do it. I bet some of you are grinding right now, after posting here about how offensive the compensation is. This is why. This is why.
  • voidy wrote: »

((spoilers: HOT TAKE below, don't forget to COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE AND HIT THAT BELL for more updates)).

I kinda want to subscribe but don't know how. plz post ur tweetch..

Nice take and 100% in agreement. I've been around a long time and this is just how it is. Both EME and the community have this love-hate relationship.

• DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11
    voidy wrote: »
    And this, ultimately, is the problem. Yes, every time a blunder like this occurs, people do genuinely leave. After all those things I listed, people LEFT. I'm not saying they won't. But there's a particular group. I'll call them addicts. And I don't think there's anything EME could do to truly get that particular crowd to quit, and EME knows it. Sure, they'll lose people with each blunder, but there's a subset of people who say they'll quit and then just come right back, drop 200 dollars on lootboxes, cry over RNG when their heroic oath fails, and go right back to grinding. The addict won't leave no matter what. EME could permaban them and they'd cry over it for a week, tell all their friends how "so totally done" they are with the game, and then sure enough a week passes and they're making a new account to start over from scratch. Basically if you're still playing NA after all this crap, but you're feeling like THIS is it, THIS is the thing to make you finally leave, I'm just skeptical. Really really skeptical. It'd be like, if I vomited in your face for weeks but one day I merely sneezed in your direction and you were like "THAT'S IT, NOW I'VE HAD ENOUGH."

I'm glad i'm not like these players :)
    I'm tired af from complaining since 2018 when imho every patch actually made Tera worse.
    I was an endgame player till early 2018 when i became more and more casual till the point that i was barely logging anymore the last two months.
    Yesterday i made my last login just to tell my guild that i'll no longer play then i finally uninstalled the game.
    Lv 70 patch was def the last straw for me, i can confidently say that i'm no longer in the target audience for this game, 2019's Tera is a very different game from the one i started playing back in 2015 :)
    No compensation will make me return, they need to fire the devs at Korea and complete revamp this game for me to ever consider playing Tera again.
    Imho sometimes is just time to move on, there's no point to endless complain to deaf ears and still keep playing a game that is not fun anymore.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    Rollback was necessary because the economy was hyperinflated and semis were duped to hell.
    Problem was, anyone who frequented the eme discord got the impression that a rollback wouldn't happen, since we were told by staff that all the hyperinflation was just the game working as Bluehole intended. I imagine anyone who read that news probably thought "oh, okay, I'm safe to do whatever without fear of a rollback now." Then they let the issue sit and compound upon itself for like, 16 hours until the next day, when they presumably took one look at the game, realized all the people screaming about the economy the night before were completely right, and were forced to initiate a rollback.

I think they made the right call in the end, since things were truly [filtered], but by waiting so long and giving the impression that there wouldn't be a rollback at all (remember, on top of the discord response, this game RARELY rolls anything back ever), they still angered a lot of people in the process.

((spoilers: HOT TAKE below, don't forget to COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE AND HIT THAT BELL for more updates))

Having said that, I seriously doubt anyone who's stuck around this long and is still playing NA today will feel like *this* is the final straw. People can act like it and say it all they want, but where were you people when EME screwed over rankings 3 seasons in a row, or when they pushed xigncode and gaslit anyone who said it worsened performance without solving any problems, or when they DMCA'd modders who tried to make the game run better for everyone only to walk back that whole decision, or when they put out a zero tolerance policy on modding of all kinds and frightened people off twitch in the process, or when they "listened" to talent feedback by putting them in the cash shop lootboxes, or when they offloaded the "work" of communicating with players on the forums to community volunteers, or when they dumped all their stream content into a megastream and effectively stopped streaming new content on twitch, or when they failed to deliver content that every other version of the game received, like a classic server? That's alllll fine. But losing like, a day of grind. On a process that's going to take you *months* no matter what. THAT'S the final straw? Yeah, okay. Suuuuuuuure thing. If you haven't quit by now, I just ... I doubt this is gonna be what does it for you. You'll be back in like, a day, and that's not meant to [filtered] on anyone who's upset it's just like ... you've put up with so much grind and so much BS already. Why is this any different for you? Why is THIS the last straw? Hell... even with the big proxy drama a few months ago, eventually people came crawling back when EME walked back their decision.

Which brings me, at last, to the topic of compensation. This is *why* the compensation can be so lackluster. Because the people administering it are well aware that you're going to [filtered] and moan about it, but in the end you're going to roll your eyes, suck it up, and go right back to grinding. Prove me wrong; you can't do it. I bet some of you are grinding right now, after posting here about how offensive the compensation is. This is why. This is why.

Funny thing is mostly all of this has happened within the last year and a half (about). Gosh, I wonder what happened about two years ago to usher in all of these wonderful changes. Hmmmm. Maybe, we're just waiting and hoping for something or someone to change.

Also, don't forget the game is F2P on Steam, which means it gets new players on a daily basis. So, even if a handful leave or if many leave, there will be new players starting up to replace them. Just be happy they are letting people buy the new mounts and not making everyone grind for them. EU may have better this or that, but that egg grind forcing players to do nothing but dungeons runs is enough for me not to bother with them. No, I'll just hang out and wait for things to get better like I did after they added Xing. Maybe they're still trying to find out what works and what doesn't.
This discussion has been closed.