[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Elite....or is it?

so the point of this thread is what is the purpose of elite anymore? first off now we all have the same listing fee etc which removes an exclusive from elite, now today i did ghillie for the first time and apparently the only time, in the v80 patch notes no where is it listed that you all were reducing the daily entry of elite to 1 time per day. wwe cant use reset scrolls from past elite boxes to get more coins, the consumables in it can be obtained from other non elite means quite easily. and if people talk about the coins, 1 coin extra regen is quite laughable, the 680 extra coins can barely get you 2 extra bahaar, so whats the point anymore?

Comments

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the daily entries at GG (and PoP), it's presumed to be a bug.
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/31072/elite-doesnt-increase-gg-pop-entries#latest
    Albeit not having official confirmation.
  • KrystalineKrystaline ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    sanj66 wrote: »
    so the point of this thread is what is the purpose of elite anymore? first off now we all have the same listing fee etc which removes an exclusive from elite, now today i did ghillie for the first time and apparently the only time, in the v80 patch notes no where is it listed that you all were reducing the daily entry of elite to 1 time per day. wwe cant use reset scrolls from past elite boxes to get more coins, the consumables in it can be obtained from other non elite means quite easily. and if people talk about the coins, 1 coin extra regen is quite laughable, the 680 extra coins can barely get you 2 extra bahaar, so whats the point anymore?

I don't see a point and canceled it yesterday. I sincerely wish I'd done it before it renewed on the 6th... it's not worth the cost anymore. The in-game gold I saved when listing items on the broker is what justified the price for me.
  • Regarding the daily entries at GG (and PoP), it's presumed to be a bug.
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/31072/elite-doesnt-increase-gg-pop-entries#latest

Yeah, the EME staff are investigating it as a bug as they don't think it's intended, but TBD on that one.

As to the general question, one point we were discussing in Discord last night and did determine is that, with this grind to 70, Elite's doubling of XP is actually a lot more useful than it used to be. I'm not necessarily saying that makes it worth it, but there are definitely major shifts in what is/isn't valuable about Elite now.
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Krystaline wrote: »

I don't see a point and canceled it yesterday. I sincerely wish I'd done it before it renewed on the 6th... it's not worth the cost anymore. The in-game gold I saved when listing items on the broker is what justified the price for me.

This is why most people get elite
    It's gone now so elite IS NOT WORTH IT
    Cheaper to sell to a merchant

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »

Or bypass the broker entirely and wade through the quagmire that is Trade chat.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »

Global chat seems to somewhat work as well.
  • SageWindu wrote: »

Global chat seems to somewhat work as well.

LFG works better.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, the EME staff are investigating it as a bug as they don't think it's intended, but TBD on that one.

As to the general question, one point we were discussing in Discord last night and did determine is that, with this grind to 70, Elite's doubling of XP is actually a lot more useful than it used to be. I'm not necessarily saying that makes it worth it, but there are definitely major shifts in what is/isn't valuable about Elite now.

i mean couldnt you jsut use an exp mark, the 1 hr boost is nice but in the grand scheme of things 1 hr per 20 hrs isnt that much, maybe if it was 2 X 1 or 2 X 2 hr. atm i would say the onyl advantage an elite user has right now is the 680 coins extra, as porting can be done with atlas's. i would hard say that makes it not worth to have at this moment, maybe for new people grinding ep it might but for the most the core population already has the ep they need/want, thats another thing with leveling the ep bar is gone to let you know when you're soft capping etc.
  • edited April 2019

i mean couldnt you jsut use an exp mark, the 1 hr boost is nice but in the grand scheme of things 1 hr per 20 hrs isnt that much, maybe if it was 2 X 1 or 2 X 2 hr. atm i would say the onyl advantage an elite user has right now is the 680 coins extra, as porting can be done with atlas's. i would hard say that makes it not worth to have at this moment, maybe for new people grinding ep it might but for the most the core population already has the ep they need/want, thats another thing with leveling the ep bar is gone to let you know when you're soft capping etc.

Just to clarify, I mean the permanent 100% EXP boost while leveling to 70, which applies even aside the 1-hour Rapid XP Potion that goes above and beyond that. So basically, you get permanent 2x EXP, for 1 hour 3x EXP, and then whatever your TERA Rewards Passive multiplies on the subtotal of both of that. So for the leveling process to 70 (that consists of a lot of grinding), it adds up pretty quickly to speed up leveling a lot.
  • Didn't they get rid of the permanent 100% xp boost? The only good things I remember from elite were

Atlas
    broker fee waver
    continuous xp boost
    gold boost (in the form of 12 uses)
    ... That's about it. The gold boost is negated by the fee now, and the boost lasts only an hour. Elite isn't worth much of anything anymore, especially when I have permanent account flying mount. The only reason now to have elite is to support the game, but with the current style of marketing, it's making it kinda hard to :S. (Has already contributed to this game more than once, so can voice opinion on this)
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭

Just to clarify, I mean the permanent 100% EXP boost while leveling to 70, which applies even aside the 1-hour Rapid XP Potion that goes above and beyond that. So basically, you get permanent 2x EXP, for 1 hour 3x EXP, and then whatever your TERA Rewards Passive multiplies on the subtotal of both of that. So for the leveling process to 70 (that consists of a lot of grinding), it adds up pretty quickly to speed up leveling a lot.

yea thats why i said cant you just like pop a booster like hte 7 day 100% exp etc wouldnt that render elite exp bonus useless as its one or the other.
  • edited April 2019
    Lilienette wrote: »
    Didn't they get rid of the permanent 100% xp boost?

No, it still works at the moment. I posted this on Discord just a bit ago, but confirmed it via my testing:

100 Base (where 100 is to represent whatever the mob gives as a base value)
    100 Elite
    100 Rapid XP Potion (1 hour on bar)
    100 Rested (while it lasts)
    20 Event
    20 Smoothie
    ---
    440 Subtotal

x TERA Rewards Tier XP Boost Percent

So at T10 the maximum XP boost is 8.8x (while rested and the Rapid XP Potion last).
  • edited April 2019

yea thats why i said cant you just like pop a booster like hte 7 day 100% exp etc wouldnt that render elite exp bonus useless as its one or the other.

Nah, all these scrolls now say "can only be used on characters level 64 and below" and you can't use it if you're level 65+. If you were below level 65 I assume they would still conflict, but at 65+ the Elite buff keeps working while those scrolls do not.

I assume they will be selling the Rapid XP Scrolls on the cash shop separately at some point, but it's in a different "bucket" than the Elite buff, so Elite + Rapid XP Scroll will always give you more. (It also means that even Elite players could buy more Rapid XP Scrolls if they want beyond the one-hour/day.)
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Lilienette wrote: »
    Didn't they get rid of the permanent 100% xp boost?

No, it still works at the moment. I posted this on Discord just a bit ago, but confirmed it via my testing:

100 Base (where 100 is to represent whatever the mob gives as a base value)
    100 Elite
    100 Rapid XP Potion (1 hour on bar)
    100 Rested (while it lasts)
    20 Event
    20 Smoothie
    ---
    440 Subtotal

x TERA Rewards Tier XP Boost Percent

So at T10 the maximum XP boost is 8.8x (while rested and the Rapid XP Potion last).

Are you sure the perma x2 works? Because it doesnt seem to be working for me nor does it show in the buff bar, i got about the same XP as others without Elite, or perhaps it doesnt work for level 65 and above. Also does emporium XP actually work? Im at tier 8 right now its 50% and it seems like nothing tbh xD
  • Considering that all other regions get 80 weekly dungeons and 2x Ghillieglade I would hope EME fixes this.

I know this because I watch people Twitch stream and they can do GG on each character twice.