[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

Toxic Acts of Griefing in new EXP Patch

Trying to push to level 67 all day today and specific people from Kaiator won't leave me alone in the Basilisk Zone and just killing people for no flipping reason. How the hell has EME not made this a no combat pk zone? Their incompetence is so bad cause now people just griefing others that are actually trying to play the f-ing game. It's already hard enough to just sit there and grind and now you have to deal with this trash. Already submitted multiple tickets of them pking and hope to get them banned. Wake up NA and restrict all leveling zones cause the game is already dead in population enough. Hope the developer can end this toxicity already thank you for reading.

I switch server constant and everything but they still here? This can not be my fault and why am I getting punish for playing to grind? Why is outlaw still a thing on NA.

Comments

• ManamiCManamiC ✭✭
    To add-
    They were not actually farming for themselves and had nothing better to do than just chasing people around server to server.

This was not a GvG and I did not provoke or aggressive with them.

IMO this act just ruin experience for everyone especially the lower level gear people who just want to improve and be better players.

Can not confirm this but I heard some people payed them gold if you want to be left alone for a while. Today I want to grind maybe 8 hour

and get exp progress done but I barely got 10% because of so many interruption, and waste time fighting back or running.
  • > @ManamiC said:
    > To add-
    > They were not actually farming for themselves and had nothing better to do than just chasing people around server to server.
    >
    > This was not a GvG and I did not provoke or aggressive with them.
    >
    > IMO this act just ruin experience for everyone especially the lower level gear people who just want to improve and be better players.
    >
    > Can not confirm this but I heard some people payed them gold if you want to be left alone for a while. Today I want to grind maybe 8 hour
    >
    > and get exp progress done but I barely got 10% because of so many interruption, and waste time fighting back or running.

PVP Server = Player vs Player. Did you not notice this when you selected a PVP server?
  • ManamiCManamiC ✭✭
    edited April 14
    @MatrixOfLeaders I didn't SELECT Kaiator as my main server. I came back and after merge automatically spawn here.

I had very little problem until this patch because I just stay in city and do content. Transfer cost too much resource time and money to move one character and it also reset all your talents when you move.

Anyway this should not be the main issue. Why is PvP still allow in the world as the game has last this far already and we still have that primitive issue?

Again i did not CHOOSE PvP server. Merge when i was gone put me here and no one can easily spend a lot of money and more time to switch to a pve server.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afaik pve servers didn't merge into pvp servers last merge. You were in a pvp server to begin with. Unless you've been gone for like 3 years.
  • MorokuMoroku ✭✭✭
    >People complain about PvP is dead
    >New content where people go to grind Open world
    >Dies in PvP server in open world trying to hold spot
    >Surprised Pikachu Face
  • MorokuMoroku ✭✭✭
    Relevant to previous [filtered] post.

3fn9fbf1hf6z.jpg
  • ManamiCManamiC ✭✭
    that is different why?

you are grinding and with pve gear trying to kill mobs then random people come with full buff pvp set to kill you. that is not pvp that just dirty fighting.

if you want to real pvp and combat take it to Fraywind or Corsair instead for those people??

They can also pvp in arenas anyways why spend and hurt other people time in owpvp
  • Highwatch was a pve server that ended up as a pvp server after merging with pvp servers. It was called Fey Forest after merge, iirc.
  • edited April 14
    LordXenon wrote: »
    Highwatch was a pve server that ended up as a pvp server after merging with pvp servers. It was called Fey Forest after merge, iirc.

Yeah, honestly this is the root cause of all this: having missed the window to free-transfer off of FF after that merge many years back, and still being on the PvP server years later, and now all of a sudden there's content where it matters again.

A lot of people who chose the PvP server deliberately want overworld PvP and were mad when the server was made "PvP65". So, for the people who wanted to be there (everybody else who specifically chose the server instead of PvE), this is a feature, not a bug. If they only wanted to do PvP in battlegrounds, there'd be no reason to choose a PvP server to start with (since even PvE servers can join battlegrounds).

So anyway, I don't think there's really any solution to the problem except to transfer. The problem isn't how the game works, it's that you're on the wrong server.
  • BabitBabit ✭✭
    I'm actively hunting these people. All I can do to help. lol
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    Highwatch was a pve server that ended up as a pvp server after merging with pvp servers. It was called Fey Forest after merge, iirc.

Yeah, honestly this is the root cause of all this: having missed the window to free-transfer off of FF after that merge many years back, and still being on the PvP server years later, and now all of a sudden there's content where it matters again.

A lot of people who chose the PvP server deliberately want overworld PvP and were mad when the server was made "PvP65". So, for the people who wanted to be there (everybody else who specifically chose the server instead of PvE), this is a feature, not a bug. If they only wanted to do PvP in battlegrounds, there'd be no reason to choose a PvP server to start with (since even PvE servers can join battlegrounds).

So anyway, I don't think there's really any solution to the problem except to transfer. The problem isn't how the game works, it's that you're on the wrong server.

The problem is EME put us into a PvP server when WE started in a PVE server and they didnt allow a guild transfer. They didnt create a solution for a group of people, they only said "oh sorry this is the way it is so [filtered] off".
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    EJECWCWG55 wrote: »

The problem is EME put us into a PvP server when WE started in a PVE server and they didnt allow a guild transfer. They didnt create a solution for a group of people, they only said "oh sorry this is the way it is so [filtered] off".

u could transfer out for free tho
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    you could always start a new character in the pve server. you can get to level 65 in a day or 2. another option is if you decide to stay on your pvp server so that you wont have to start all over again with nothing, just try different times during the day or night to grind. sometimes when a special event is going on grinding areas are dead. certain times of the day and night are sometimes dead as well. they did give us plenty of warning about the server merge last year. we even had plenty of notice about names needing to be leveled up so that you wouldn't lose your name. a 3rd option would be to save up real life money to do a server transfer. other than these 3 things, I don't know what else you could do.
  • FuelynFuelyn ✭✭

Precisely this. I recall they even sent emails informing of the merge and how they'll be a free transfer during the merge.

I've been on both sides. Both attacking players and helping them from PvP players. Haven't had this much fun since Lumber days. Most open world PvP is focused on VO and map gets boring after so many years.

But yeah don't punish people that went and chose a PvP server for the open world PvP by taking it away. Sorry you missed your window but either transfer, get skilled at PvP, ask or hire people to guard you, or avoid them with channel hoping or finding inactive PvP times.