We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 13 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Meet the Team: Singlebear, QA Lead

Comments

• WuruqWuruq ✭✭✭
    Hi, Singlebear! My question is: What's the story behind your username? When and why did you choose it?

I've heard some good stories from that question so I'm sure yours won't disappoint!
  • Hello! I have a question in regards to Rootstock and the Sun Festival to come in the near future! In the last stream, Attack on Ascension Valley.
    I'm not looking for a date, but it would be great to hear about any updates to the "new" Rootstock!
    Thanks tons!
  • So, I am curious if by what was said on the Twitch stream the other day about everything needing to go past QA. Does that mean news posts also go through you? If so, why are the posted dates wrong on some of them? Ninja Loading Screen Contest was not posted on May 6th, but rather it appeared on May 9th, and thus should be labeled as such.
  • JasonLucasJasonLucas ✭✭✭
    Blueflam3s wrote: »
    Hi, Singlebear! My question is: What's the story behind your username? When and why did you choose it?
    If you can, go deeper in this question. I'm very curious about this =)

My question is: Since TERA NA launch until now, what was the game change that you didn't like, and what was the one that you liked?

Oh, if possible can you poke Denom about these cat hats changes? It's been a while since he talked about this and I guess we still didn't get these changes, would be great if they can come with next build.
  • kedroskedros ✭✭
    SingleBear wrote: »
    Nanahira wrote: »
    I saw on twitch,the last stream of Spacecat
    Someone from enmasse in the chat saying : " I have an ETA for Ninja Patch " "but not telling"
    Why you hide this ETA ..?

I was the one that typed it. QA hires trolls.

I am aware of our deploy dates, but I am not at liberty to say. So if I remember right, someone was asking us if we knew the date. Spacecats and I do so I admitted as much. I could not however actually give the date.

so then... is there a date when the release date will be revealed :3
  • Hello, Singlebear! My question is: After each patch, are there any adjustments to the game that are not shown on patch notes? For example, certain item drop rate is changed after patch, but patch notes says nothing about it.
    Thanks!
  • Nice to see someone who actually is more technical.

Q: is there any bug tracker, for game developers (bhs)?
    Q: is BHS fixing every bug did you report them, or there are some issues that bhs wont fix?
    Q: what do you think could help the most with the optimization of the game?

What did you said about alliances and other stuff is what i like and dislike at same time. Cause of how some players could exploit it and basically broke. But the idea behind this is great!
  • I see you mentioned 37 and 42, But what those that means ? the Build Version ?

Yes. So we are currently live with 39.07.07.EN4. 39.07.07 is the game version and EN4 is the localization version. The dev is responsible for versioning the game and EME versions the localization since we are in full control of that file. You can find your client version by looking at the end of the copyright line at the bottom of the server select screen.
  • edited May 2016
    I see you mentioned 37 and 42, But what those that means ? the Build Version ?

Yes. So we are currently live with 39.07.07.EN4. 39.07.07 is the game version and EN4 is the localization version. The dev is responsible for versioning the game and EME versions the localization since we are in full control of that file. You can find your client version by looking at the end of the copyright line at the bottom of the server select screen.

So what does the 07.07 stand for? When you mentioned "versions" you only specified the first of the three section version number.
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    I see you mentioned 37 and 42, But what those that means ? the Build Version ?

So what does the 07.07 stand for? When you mentioned "versions" you only specified the first of the three section version number.

Should just be sub-builds. Like they got 39, then made some changes, so it became 39.0.1. etc etc
  • Aulon wrote: »
    Seems to be a push for Nexon to bring changes to TERA, will there be a day where NA is as big of an influence in the game?

I can't answer your question due to my own ignorance of the subject. My day to day is all about grinding away in game and documentation. Treeshark and others on the TERA Production team would be the appropriate audience for your question. Sorry.

I can however tell you a little story about EME's influence.

When I started here at EME I was hired as a playtester. I sat in a room 40 hours a week for 6 weeks and played TERA with 4 other people. BUT, this isn't the TERA you know today and that's in part due to us here at EME. One of the changes is how zones were meant to be played. For example, you will see a lot of the provinces are broken into 3-5 smaller zones that flow together (Arcadia = Fey Forest, Oblivian Wood...). Originally, these smaller zones were divided by party size. There were zones for solo, zones for 2-3 player groups, and one zone would be for 5 player parties. I loved that design, but our group had a hard time sticking together due to it. Our warrior and healer could solo the 5 man content and quickly run thru the 2-3 man stuff while I was on a sorcerer and had a hard time managing my mana thru longer fights. I could easily clear the solo zone, but just lost too much time in the 2-3 man areas. Our tank and healer started out leveling everyone else so they started alts.

We wrote a lot of feedback, when made a lot of excel documents to track a number of variables, and we sent it all back to Bluehole. And then their devs would come to our office and interview our playtest group. Bluehole was and still is very interested in finding ways to make TERA work for an NA audience as much as they want it to work for their Korean audience.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey SingleBear!

I wanna ask what is the aprox time you and your team is able to work on quick fixes that need to be addressed in game in timely manner. Some bugs or other stuff your team works on sometimes take a very long amount of time for us players to see em fixed, which is annoying most of the time if the bug or whatever is constant.

And also, You mentioned Tool! Favorite song of Tool? I like "46&2" and "The Pot"
  • Cat or Dog Person? (I'm going to ask this every Q&A :D)

Hard one.

I am a stubborn troll so I feel cats fit my personality really well. I've had had a few over the years and have enjoyed their personalities. Also, I've mostly lived in small apartments with no back yard so there is that.

But I also grew up with dogs and there is nothing like rolling around with a slobbery rottweiler. Since I only like big dogs I haven't had one in years because I would have to give it a big yard to play in.

Final answer: Cat. Love their trolly, turn on you in a second attitude.
  • Blueflam3s wrote: »

I've heard some good stories from that question so I'm sure yours won't disappoint!

I didn't choose it, you all did. I wish I knew where the picture was, but hopefully one of you can find it and post it. We were doing an EME vs players Fraywind Canyon promo and we shard a pic to twitter I believe were I was wearing a green shirt that had "Single" and "Taken" on it with check boxes. Single was checked. Someone commented something about me looking like a "Single Bear" and that swept thru the office. I've gone by Singlebear ever since.
  • Hello! I have a question in regards to Rootstock and the Sun Festival to come in the near future! In the last stream, Attack on Ascension Valley.
    I'm not looking for a date, but it would be great to hear about any updates to the "new" Rootstock!
    Thanks tons!

I would, but I honestly haven't looked at it yet. It is disabled in our test environment and I probably won't dig into it for a couple more weeks.