[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Has it been stated why our enchantment costs are so much higher then pcs?

Came back to the game out of excitement for the gear revamp and looking at the pc guide, they require 4 hypnotic devices and like 40 gold darics while we have to spend 35 hypnotic devices and 100+ Darics
What the hell is this? I figured they would balance it out by making metamorphic emblem shop materials cost less only to see its 800 each device.
Costing 40+ liquid metal per enchant when pc it’s like 10. On top of this our vanguards give less gold
I love grinding in games but this is beyond unbearable. I came back to the game with millions of gold stocked up from last year only to see that I’m locked behind near impossible material costs,
This update was supposed to save the game but all you’ve done is put your last nail in the coffin

Comments

• ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    edited April 19
    > @7LJMXGX3MX said:
    > Came back to the game out of excitement for the gear revamp and looking at the pc guide, they require 4 hypnotic devices and like 40 gold darics while we have to spend 35 hypnotic devices and 100+ Darics
    > What the hell is this? I figured they would balance it out by making metamorphic emblem shop materials cost less only to see its 800 each device.
    > Costing 40+ liquid metal per enchant when pc it’s like 10. On top of this our vanguards give less gold
    > I love grinding in games but this is beyond unbearable. I came back to the game with millions of gold stocked up from last year only to see that I’m locked behind near impossible material costs,
    > This update was supposed to save the game but all you’ve done is put your last nail in the coffin

Our enchanting costs are higher than PC because we get far more materials from dungeons than they do. Materials are not the issue, gold is. You don't even have to play daily to be overloaded with materials.
  • The materials start to become an issue at SC, until then all that is an issue is emeralds and gold (at least in terms of new players)
  • Exipheus wrote: »
    > @7LJMXGX3MX said:
    > Came back to the game out of excitement for the gear revamp and looking at the pc guide, they require 4 hypnotic devices and like 40 gold darics while we have to spend 35 hypnotic devices and 100+ Darics
    > What the hell is this? I figured they would balance it out by making metamorphic emblem shop materials cost less only to see its 800 each device.
    > Costing 40+ liquid metal per enchant when pc it’s like 10. On top of this our vanguards give less gold
    > I love grinding in games but this is beyond unbearable. I came back to the game with millions of gold stocked up from last year only to see that I’m locked behind near impossible material costs,
    > This update was supposed to save the game but all you’ve done is put your last nail in the coffin

Our enchanting costs are higher than PC because we get far more materials from dungeons than they do. Materials are not the issue, gold is. You don't even have to play daily to be overloaded with materials.

What dungeons are you running to be “overloaded” with materials ?

• Youll be overloaded with beginner and frostmetal materials by just running low level dungeons. Youll need to run them anyway (431s and lower) due to the extremely unbalanced nature of this patch.

Lower tier dungeons are more rewarding and time efficient and are loaded with talents than higher tier dungeons that only give upgrade mats of that tier, a little more gold and consumes more time.

Spamming lower tier dungeons floods you with hypnotic devices and lower which can be broken down.

The biggest issue currently is gold and emeralds and is only going to get worse as you progress
  • 7LJMXGX3MX7LJMXGX3MX ✭✭
    edited April 20
    Youll be overloaded with beginner and frostmetal materials by just running low level dungeons. Youll need to run them anyway (431s and lower) due to the extremely unbalanced nature of this patch.

Lower tier dungeons are more rewarding and time efficient and are loaded with talents than higher tier dungeons that only give upgrade mats of that tier, a little more gold and consumes more time.

Spamming lower tier dungeons floods you with hypnotic devices and lower which can be broken down.

The biggest issue currently is gold and emeralds and is only going to get worse as you progress

So which dungeon would you recommend I farm ? Kalivans challenge? I got at sc +0 on my weapon today. Gold and emeralds aren’t a issue right now it’s the materials for me.
  • edited April 22
    RKNM and TRHM is great for Frostmetal. I've gotten a ton of Liquid Metals from there and the upgrade mats for FM into SC. Farm LKNM for gems and LKH for Overworld Shards. Honestly LKNM and LKHM are broken in terms of mats, especially LKNM. TRNM is kinda the same.

SC gear is in RKHM and RMHM once we get it. You can get juicy SC mats from RKEM (the hard version of RKHM's last boss).

Honestly mats aren't a problem if you rotate between LK and TR tbch. Steer clear from Sky Cruser and RMNM those are joke dungeons that take so much time and give jack for rewards. Stick to LK and TR and RK till they fix the other ones or something.
  • As a casual Player with a background in mmo content development, I hate grinding. On the Xbox, I was able to spend emp and buy things to sell so I could enjoy the short time I had to play. The gold market is now so tight that it is not worth spending money to buy things from the store to sell. I hope there will be more gold as people level items but the requirements currently in place seem designed to keep the gold market tight. The recent event raising the vanguard gold rewards 1.5X worked well as an incentive for me to grind a few missions. Otherwise, non event incentives for casual players are lacking in my opinion. Others may feel differently.
  • RomZRomZ ✭✭
    Like its been said in discord, you cant really compare pc and console. We get what we get sadly. Consoles patch progression is a mix of diff patches.