How long will tera live in the future - is it possible that tera may close this year?

How much longer do you think TERA has left? I'm actually curious about this since the game is getting kinda old age-wise

Comments

• LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited April 21
    Though old doesn't mean it's bad if the game get proper updates and not money grabbing grindfest content. People called out it will close soon within a year but it still stood up, but seeing how enmasse killed off their games recently like kritika by not listening to the community. Since everyone is gone now they shut it down.. I'd say it will close soon because same treatment here.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    Ascension: Infinite Realm.

10 FPS: The Game
  • This game is incredibly resilient and has lasted through many, many predicted "deaths." While the game won't last forever, and you can never account for the variety of business circumstances involved, I don't see any reason to believe this is the death knell any more than any of the countless other times this was proclaimed over the last 7 years.

My personal guess is that it has a few more years of life of active development left in it at least, but we'll see.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    TERA still has lots of life yet, game has been dying for 7 years now, yet it's still around
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    but angel is dead :'(
  • Ragnarok online still running, and, Ragnarok online 2 even when stopping his development still have people playing with server up for them.

Let that sink in you mind.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    Karchorot wrote: »
    Ragnarok online still running, and, Ragnarok online 2 even when stopping his development still have people playing with server up for them.

Many ragnarok online servers got closed down throughout history and some got accounts transfered to IRO. Euro already got closed and revived 2 times already. I would worry for NA because EU is the most populated server right now and if one the server would go down, NA would go down first based on moongourd server population.
  • edited April 21
    Lapomko wrote: »
    Karchorot wrote: »
    Ragnarok online still running, and, Ragnarok online 2 even when stopping his development still have people playing with server up for them.

Many ragnarok online servers got closed down throughout history and some got accounts transfered to IRO. Euro already got closed and revived 2 times already. I would worry for NA because EU is the most populated server right now and if one the server would go down, NA would go down first based on moongourd server population.

It's very unlikely based on the fact that EME is a direct sister company to the developer, and they publish TERA Console worldwide. It's much more efficient for BHS to work within its own corporate family than to have to work with a third-party company; it's basically like self-publishing.

After all the anti-proxy drama from last year, a chunk of the people whose enjoyment depended on tools like Moongourd migrated to other regions (and they never migrated back when it was reversed), but there's no way to know how that translated into overall profitability. (There are also other new regions like SEA that probably have less population than NA as well.)
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    TERA wont die any time soon. The whales who support the game are from end-game supergrind guilds that want the game as it is, not casual friendly.

It won't die but the way the game is going it will stop getting more new players to look more lively. As things are currently I can guess we will get another merge in 2 more years and then TERA will continue in a maint mode that can last another 2 or 3 years.
  • at the end this game is going to have like 200 players and they will grind all day and get all the rewards, the economy wont matter because they own all the gold, they can buy 1000 boxes and get anything they want, EME gets the money, these people get the clothes for their characters and everyone is happy
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    NA Tera may not last much longer, it's become such a giant joke that every other region points and laughs. Other Regions, going strong and likely will for a long time to come but NA it's just a laugh riot at this point.
  • 39HATFDXLY wrote: »
    How much longer do you think TERA has left? I'm actually curious about this since the game is getting kinda old age-wise

Considering all you been posting is when TERA going to die, I predict that you will die long before the game does...
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    NA Tera may not last much longer, it's become such a giant joke that every other region points and laughs. Other Regions, going strong and likely will for a long time to come but NA it's just a laugh riot at this point.

EU is not doing really good boy, just look in-game how people keeps complaining about how dead it is. And their forums have a big censorship that made people giving up on complaining there.
  • 73K5HJREXP73K5HJREXP ✭✭
    edited April 22
    Really don't understand why people make these posts EVERY WEEK on all Tera platforms(FORUM REDDIT DISCORD FACEBOOK TUMBLR)

Are you asking because having more players will push you to play more?

[mod edit: removed personal attack] Listen buddy if you want to play then play. No one has ANY real idea if NA Tera will close this year, three years, 10 years. No one knows.

If you want to play the game try it. If you don't want to play then don't touch it.

Only fact you need to know is that right now and in the near future, there is no news of Tera closing.

And there are infinite reasons for this that people can waste their time typing and debating exactly why.

Now if your question is to play on NA or EU? you can legit GOOGLE on any platform with that question and 100 posts this year alone will show up.

If you still aren't unsure then why are you even ASKING? Clearly you can't 100% be convinced of other people's opinions so instead make 2 accounts on both and see for yourself.

Pretty stupid to see people making all these similar posts and then either making another one next month or saying you are still trying to understand is so pathetic. Instead of waiting on a post for a week you could've already checked both games by now and could've moved on to another game with their forums.

This discussion has been closed.