[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

When is the Dressing room getting updated? Missing hundreds of cosmetics...

For Ninja specifically, 90% of the weapon skins are not there. And for Elin, there's so many costumes that are not shown at all.

Plus we have stupid stuff like this: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/501123231420252173/569295413664940040/unknown.png
We don't need a single costume to be shown over a dozen times...

Comments

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28
    maybe around the same time they decide to rectify the scroll buy back situation from the roll back maybe :'(
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    I agree the dressing room is pretty bad in its current state. Also why do fashion coupons no longer drop?
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    EME has pretty much moved on from Tera PC I think. Unless the new employee is going to take over a lot of this stuff. They aren't switching out items properly in the Tera store. The featured items seem to switch out once a week instead of each day like they said they would. The featured items only show consumables or new items most of the time. The dressing room is a mess and on and on. It's all of the stuff someone said they were going to get caught up with but really have no interest in. That was a few years ago already. Still no idea why they gutted the shop. Is there some limit to the number of items the shop can hold or what? The broker is fine for people that want to buy stuff for gold, but players should always still be able to buy stuff in the shop. Each available outfit should be rolling through that store at least once if not twice a year, and they should have sales about three times a year at least.
  • edited April 28
    Christin wrote: »
    Still no idea why they gutted the shop. Is there some limit to the number of items the shop can hold or what?

It was all wiped out in a patch update years back. Some items made it back in manually, but lots of others were missed, and no one's fixed it up since. They have to go through and manually add each item one-by-one for each race/gender after looking up IDs by hand, so it's just a tedious task. A number of different staff have commented that they'd like to work on it at some point, but as you can tell it's not a priority and other things deemed more important always come up.

This is the sort of thing that used to be more doable for EME when the patch cycle was longer, because they had lulls in between patches when people had time to work on things like merchant contents. But now that the patches are nearly every month, they are constantly moving from one patch to the next with no spare time.

Anyway, I hope that this time finally will be different, but I'm not holding out much hope.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Still no idea why they gutted the shop. Is there some limit to the number of items the shop can hold or what?

It was all wiped out in a patch update years back. Some items made it back in manually, but lots of others were missed, and no one's fixed it up since. They have to go through and manually add each item one-by-one for each race/gender after looking up IDs by hand, so it's just a tedious task. A number of different staff have commented that they'd like to work on it at some point, but as you can tell it's not a priority and other things deemed more important always come up.

This is the sort of thing that used to be more doable for EME when the patch cycle was longer, because they had lulls in between patches when people had time to work on things like merchant contents. But now that the patches are nearly every month, they are constantly moving from one patch to the next with no spare time.

Anyway, I hope that this time finally will be different, but I'm not holding out much hope.

I gather you mean the dressing room, because the store/shop being gutted was done on purpose and told to us it was on purpose by Sean. The dressing room was gutted during an update. They have added a lot of outfits, but the problem really is that when people go to the dressing room and want an item, they are out of luck.

Anyways, the multiple of the same outfit was no doubt someone doing a copy and paste. Here's hoping they keep a copy of the current dressing room spreadsheet, so in case this ever happens again, they can do a copy and paste.

I get what you mean about the patches. Any idea why BHS is running out patches so fast now? Everyone touts that this is a dying game, but BHS seems to be working like crazy to release updates.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
  • Christin wrote: »
    I gather you mean the dressing room, because the store/shop being gutted was done on purpose and told to us it was on purpose by Sean. The dressing room was gutted during an update. They have added a lot of outfits, but the problem really is that when people go to the dressing room and want an item, they are out of luck.

Oh yeah, I meant the dressing room.

The store... well, they had gutted even more, but they walked that back and reintroduced a lot of what they removed. They had always been "retiring" some costumes out of the shop, though, and that number (aside the "gutting") went up over time obviously. So the result is still that, by now, there is more retired than not. I agree that they should bring them back more often. I'd like for them to rotate something back in each week, personally (and also to have weekly Elite sales too).

I get what you mean about the patches. Any idea why BHS is running out patches so fast now? Everyone touts that this is a dying game, but BHS seems to be working like crazy to release updates.

Perhaps ironically, I think it was an interpretation of player demands. They probably thought that the game's player numbers spiked a lot during patches and then lulled in between. So the net effect is that they've tried to spread things out so that every month there's something new. But yeah, the net effect for publishers like EME is that their small team is constantly working on the next patch with not much chance to breathe, and these kinds of things suffered.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Thanks; I'll relay that other players want to help too. For the dressing room, I have a pretty comprehensive list of the costume ranges, at least, so that's a start. Biggest barrier is really just someone taking or getting the assignment to do the job.
  • I agree that they should bring them back more often. I'd like for them to rotate something back in each week, personally (and also to have weekly Elite sales too).
    I remember them promising, at some point, that the weekly/daily featured items would be used to periodically bring back old costumes (at a lump sum price instead of lootboxes). That's what happened for a month or so, too, but eventually those just became an advertising board for new items, with an occasional old item or two every now and then.

Is there a reason they retired this? I thought stuff like Fiery Wings, Elin Garment Boxes, and especially the Black Friday Cutie Steps sold pretty darn well when they were brought back, and it could inject old costumes into the market without making them too common.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    ...they had gutted even more, but they walked that back and reintroduced a lot little of what they removed...
    I fixed that for you.
    For the dressing room, I have a pretty comprehensive list of the costume ranges, at least, so that's a start. Biggest barrier is really just someone taking or getting the assignment to do the job.
    From the way you're describing things, it sounds like the staff at EME have no time-management skills. I get the "it's a small team with a lot to do" part and they have to prioritize making the game work, but the dressing room (and the promise for shop updates!) have been sitting on the back-burner for 2 years now. It's time they got bumped up in priority, and it could be as simple as scheduling someone to spend an hour or two on it per week. Is it a tedious task? Yes. Would it get done quickly? No. But it would get done, which is more than we can say right now.
    Serenade wrote: »
    I remember them promising, at some point, that the weekly/daily featured items would be used to periodically bring back old costumes (at a lump sum price instead of lootboxes). That's what happened for a month or so, too, but eventually those just became an advertising board for new items, with an occasional old item or two every now and then.
    I remember this too. I always got the impression the whole reason they gutted the store was to encourage people to make impulse buys when stuff popped up on the daily deals.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Serenade wrote: »
    I agree that they should bring them back more often. I'd like for them to rotate something back in each week, personally (and also to have weekly Elite sales too).

Is there a reason they retired this? I thought stuff like Fiery Wings, Elin Garment Boxes, and especially the Black Friday Cutie Steps sold pretty darn well when they were brought back, and it could inject old costumes into the market without making them too common.

Yeah, right. That's what we were told. That Sean was removing so much from the store and going to offer it back again with his Featured Items. However, as you say that didn't last long.

The funny thing is that switching out items in the shop routinely would be a huge cash cow. Whenever they bring back old stuff, I see it flood the broker. There are a lot of people that buy EME and that stuff whenever it's in the store. I really just have no idea why they want to make stuff so limited. Maybe they think making stuff limited will make people want the stuff in the emporium more, but not many are silly enough to pay gobs of cash to get some old item even if it isn't on the broker anymore. I see they brought the Elin Garment bag back, which is nice. So, maybe they are reading the forums and seeing the suggestions.