[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

"Bumping Threads"

If EME dooes not want us to "bump" threads, then WHY leave them open for discussion. A new user may have a question or see a thread pertaining to their question or concern.

They will ask a question or give their input in the thread, but then get the "Hey!!! DO NOT BUMP THREADS!", which is a bit douchey.

Perhaps EME should autolock threads after a month of no replies....

What is old enough to be considered "bumping"

My 2 cents...

Comments

• MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly, desired method is making a new thread on the subject with a link to the old thread.
  • On the old forum we had years ago, it did use to auto-close after 30 days. I asked about implementing the same thing here; I can ask again. Otherwise, I can probably go through periodically and manually close all the old threads.

As for what is "old enough to be considered bumping", as I said in the sticky thread, "if a discussion is many months/years old, please create a new thread rather than bumping the old thread." That isn't a hard number, but most of the times people get "called out" for bumping threads, it's usually many months or sometimes a year+ later.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    On the old forum we had years ago, it did use to auto-close after 30 days. I asked about implementing the same thing here; I can ask again. Otherwise, I can probably go through periodically and manually close all the old threads.

As for what is "old enough to be considered bumping", as I said in the sticky thread, "if a discussion is many months/years old, please create a new thread rather than bumping the old thread." That isn't a hard number, but most of the times people get "called out" for bumping threads, it's usually many months or sometimes a year+ later.

That would be a lot of work for you and probably not really worth the time. Honestly, it's just bad practice to start a thread and then not bother to even read the replies until a month later. Yeah, I am just referencing that one thread that was bumped recently.