How do you get rested now

how do you get rested now? before they had campfires, now what?

Best Answer

• edited April 28 Accepted Answer
    Well, campfires before were for stamina (which doesn't exist in the same way anymore), but for rested XP you logout in towns or cities. You'll know you're in a rest area because the indicator icon will change to the "rest area" icon.

Answers

• When I left the game I was in Velika 0% rested, this morning she was 6% rested, oh so you can't play the game for 5 or 6 days till she 100% rested?
    this is just stupid
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Snuffy44 wrote: »
    When I left the game I was in Velika 0% rested, this morning she was 6% rested, oh so you can't play the game for 5 or 6 days till she 100% rested?
    this is just stupid

...You can play the game anytime. You don't have to be 100% rested to play. It isn't the game design is stupid. You just don't understand how it works, which is fine, we can help you to understand.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if it worked how you described, log out for 5 mins and bam, 100% rested. Yeah it would get abused
  • That's not what snuffy was saying though. Rested XP takes a serious long time to regen to 100%
    It certainly doesn't help much at all when you're trying to level daily and you get such a little amount after lets say 8-12 hours offline?
    I can go do a few dungeons or spend maybe what 10 mins on monsters and that 8-12 hours is gone. That is the point being made.
  • I think the second problem with rested XP is that, even if you do let it build up to 100%, at many level thresholds that doesn't even cover very much at all -- wait a week for it to regen, and then you get like 15 minutes at most of extra XP. Really, rested XP is a legacy feature from back when TERA was P2P, and hasn't really been modernized to fit the game. That being said, and to be perfectly honest... considering some of their F2P business model is selling XP boosts and Elite (with included boosts), I can pretty easily guess why they don't really care about making rested XP useful.
  • But do you lose anything if you play and you are 0% rested?
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snuffy44 wrote: »
    But do you lose anything if you play and you are 0% rested?

No.
    It isn't like the old stamina system.
  • It seems to be more beneficial to afk fish than earn rested xp in a city while offline. Granted you can't catch BAFs for a million xp each but the lower tier fish still give 300-500k. Multiply that by the 60 cheap baits you're allowed to have in your bags at one time and you can gain 18 - 20m xp while out of the game.
    I left my low level brawler fishing while I wasn't in game over the weekend and she gained a couple of levels just from that.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    > @Krystaline said:
    > It seems to be more beneficial to afk fish than earn rested xp in a city while offline. Granted you can't catch BAFs for a million xp each but the lower tier fish still give 300-500k. Multiply that by the 60 cheap baits you're allowed to have in your bags at one time and you can gain 18 - 20m xp while out of the game.
    > I left my low level brawler fishing while I wasn't in game over the weekend and she gained a couple of levels just from that.

If you have restef exp and get 1 m exp fish with rested exp, you get 1 m from rest exp and they afect tera reward exp boost, in tier 7 (40%) you get 800k exp lv ( normal is 400k )