[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

reset scroll prices

Comments

• VulcarionVulcarion ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to update the current elite gift boxes so they resemble a little more like what we had before. But I heard that they wont even do that.. yikes.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    I'd much rather see them set scroll prices low than set them too high, break the economy, and have to roll back again.
    Free gold is free gold. If you don't want yours because the amount you get is an "insult", you can send it to me, I'll enjoy it for you.
  • PalochiPalochi ✭✭✭
    I pay elite for years and didn't play the game.
    I demand compensation because I paid elite knowing this day would come.
  • sorry if the next question was answered, but what happened with normal reset scroll before alpha, eta, etc scroll.
  • I do not agree
    with the prices is an insult even if the player has been playing for several years do not have time to use reset

I prefer a thousand times to exchange something else than that gold I do one day

it's your problem that you can not play
    farm
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing, but not unforeseen.
    Believe any player active for a few years expected this outcome.

Either break the economy or give us near to nothing.
    Outstanding way to "reward" your supporting players.
    One disappointment after the other.
  • SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    edited April 30
    > @Palochi said:
    > I pay elite for years and didn't play the game.
    > I demand compensation because I paid elite knowing this day would come.

Nah, we're just pointing out more reasons why players start to leave for EU. You realized that this sort of thing is exactly why GF/EU was considered imferior and why peopke left it in droves back in 2014, right?

Also, trying to invoking r/choosingbeggars logic doesn't work in mmos.
  • MorokuMoroku ✭✭✭
    They need to consider a little bit of a higher price for reset scrolls. As many people have said, it's just a slap in the face for the prices to be not even 1% of EU's scroll price.
  • edited April 30
    For what it's worth I expected the scrolls to be lower prices. That being said it would be nice to raise the low tier prices a bit. The lowest one is the equivalent of selling a prime battle solution to a merchant. Yes I've bought elite with real money for over 2 years on the account I have now, not to mention my alt accounts that Iv'e played on over the earlier years and I'm aware that it doesn't entitle me to more money but this does feel like a "slap in the face" as some have said. Bending over backwards to whiners while neglecting your paying players is a [filtered] move.

They should have made etas like 400g and doubled the prices of the lower ones. That's not game breaking. Even for all the people who stocked up from vgs and strongboxes.

A bunch of the people whining must hate the stock market or housing markets because it gives others an "Unfair advantage" since some are sounding a bit like they want to destroy people's advantages because they don't have. Just saying. If you aren't whining or have valid concerns about the scrolls being 15k etc then this doesn't apply to you so don't internalize it and strawman me or take me out of context.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider the people who also supported the game for years, but didn't get the memo that they were supposed to open all their Elite Consumable Boxes before the v80 maintenance. If you make the scrolls worth tons of gold, it's offensive to the other Elite players who paid the same amount for their subscription but just didn't know there was a specific action to take (since it was never officially communicated). They had the contents of all their stored boxes changed retroactively without any prior notice, and so lost out on whatever gold value these scrolls will be given. That's also why they can't be given too much, no matter how much the people who did know to open the boxes call it "offensive."

This whole thing is inherently unfair no matter what they do, so I hope they just get it over with as soon as possible and people can move on.

You know whats offensive? the prices that EME just set up for the scrolls.
    I been a supporting player for all of this years. Never seen this level of butchering, for Elite and for an item.
    As for the other players? Well, im sorry, this time i cannot speak for them, nor you cant. Entirely, it was their fault for not taking the proper measurements, and also, it was the fault of EME for not communicating everything properly, and in a more broad way.

Honestly, the prices of EU are a lot more fair. Even if we get 50% of what the prices in EU are, it would still be fair.

Im sorry for those who didnt prepared with enough time, but literally, the information of the scrolls being worth money, was being distributed like a month ago before the patch, so there is no excuse on saying that the information wasnt properly communicated, maybe not in the official places like the forums, but literally, everyone in the TERA discord were talking bout it a month before.
  • edited April 30
    Serenade wrote: »
    Nah, we're just pointing out more reasons why players start to leave for EU. You realized that this sort of thing is exactly why GF/EU was considered imferior and why peopke left it in droves back in 2014, right?

In EU, this didn't happen because their Elite (TERA Club) never gave scrolls there. So people comparing the prices to EU and being like "look at how much more generous EU is" are making an irrelevant argument. If EU had been giving out scrolls the same way NA did (and if K-TERA had been doing the same), they would have had much lower prices. The prices are based on the overall supply and economic impact (which is why the original prices, inherited from K-TERA, were so wrong from the start -- they were much, much more rare there than here).

I realize there are other areas where EU is more generous because their progression model is different, and that there are other local market differences that negatively impact us. But when people start muddying the waters and lumping this into the "see, EU is more generous" bucket (even though the situation is 100% different) it causes the valid points to be lost among the obviously-wrong ones.
  • Serenade wrote: »

In EU, this didn't happen because their Elite (TERA Club) never gave scrolls there. So people comparing the prices to EU and being like "look at how much more generous EU is" are making an irrelevant argument. If EU had been giving out scrolls the same way NA did (and if K-TERA had been doing the same), they would have had much lower prices. The prices are based on the overall supply and economic impact (which is why the original prices, inherited from K-TERA, were so wrong from the start -- they were much, much more rare there than here).

I realize there are other areas where EU is more generous because their progression model is different, and that there are other local market differences that negatively impact us. But when people start muddying the waters and lumping this into the "see, EU is more generous" bucket (even though the situation is 100% different) it causes the valid points to be lost among the obviously-wrong ones.

And no one on this forum is asking for actual EU prices. That is a strawman.

We're asking for something reasonable, like maybe 50g starting for an alpha scroll instead of 3 gold. EU may not have the elite scrolls, but they absolutely had events that gave them out freely and vanguards, and people were just as well notified to exchange easily earned vg credits for them during the game's latter years. It's not like we didn't know about this patch for a while after all.

I was ready to actually defend EME on this until I saw the alpha scroll prices. What kind of event oversupplyed those to make 3 gold justified? I know most long-standing veteran players would get maybe 40k from this, and that's the really long-standing ones. 40k is four hours of vanguard, in exchange for years of elite. You can't tell us this is some rigorous mathematical analysis that led to this.

Please, I know you're on the PC and have to represwnt EME in a certain way and can't publically speak ill of them, but surely if this is based on overalm supply, it can't hurt to be more transparent and give us the math used to reach these results.
  • PalochiPalochi ✭✭✭
    edited April 30
    @Serenade I'm pretty sure this ISNT the reason ppl say GF > EME
    I think EME is a joke too anyway.
    But why exactly should you or anyone else be rewarded with ~10mil g? You being elite isn't relevant when there are elite ppl who either didn't open their boxes or simply used a big part of their scrolls(and these players probably "deserve" compensation much more than the ppl who can make a lot of gold with this).
    The idea that elite should be rewarded in this way is quite stupid anyway, should I be rewarded for not using my perks that I paid for?
    Can/should I ask mEME for compensation if I don't use my 100% XP potion daily?
    The whole thing is just really stupid, people getting ~500k gold with these prices is more than enough.
    There should be a way to compensate ppl who had elite for a long time, but throwing billions of gold to those who didn't play the game as much certainly isn't it.
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    edited April 30
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Consider the people who also supported the game for years, but didn't get the memo that they were supposed to open all their Elite Consumable Boxes before the v80 maintenance. If you make the scrolls worth tons of gold, it's offensive to the other Elite players who paid the same amount for their subscription but just didn't know there was a specific action to take (since it was never officially communicated). They had the contents of all their stored boxes changed retroactively without any prior notice, and so lost out on whatever gold value these scrolls will be given. That's also why they can't be given too much, no matter how much the people who did know to open the boxes call it "offensive."

This whole thing is inherently unfair no matter what they do, so I hope they just get it over with as soon as possible and people can move on.

Im sorry for those who didnt prepared with enough time, but literally, the information of the scrolls being worth money, was being distributed like a month ago before the patch, so there is no excuse on saying that the information wasnt properly communicated, maybe not in the official places like the forums, but literally, everyone in the TERA discord were talking bout it a month before.

The info was out for more than 3 months before the patch, the only ones who didnt know were EME and they ended listening those who always have monopilized the broker and screwed their paying customers. Its just funny how EME never did a roll back on that mongo event were some players got materials enought to never play again for a couple of years and get "hundred of millions" of gold from them but they make a roll back because their paying customers got millions of gold and that is unfair and game breaking.
  • Palochi wrote: »
    @Serenade I'm pretty sure this ISNT the reason ppl say GF > EME
    I think EME is a joke too anyway.
    But why exactly should you or anyone else be rewarded with ~10mil g? You being elite isn't relevant when there are elite ppl who either didn't open their boxes or simply used a big part of their scrolls(and these players probably "deserve" compensation much more than the ppl who can make a lot of gold with this).
    The idea that elite should be rewarded in this way is quite stupid anyway, should I be rewarded for not using my perks that I paid for?
    Can/should I ask mEME for compensation if I don't use my 100% XP potion daily?
    The whole thing is just really stupid, people getting 1m gold with these prices is more than enough.
    There should be a way to compensate ppl who had elite for a long time, but throwing billions of gold to those who didn't play the game as much certainly isn't it.

No one here is saying they should be rewarded with 10 million gold - that's a strawman. But people want something other than 3 or 15 gold for the lower ones. The issue is that this didn't happen in a vacuum; people can see what other regions did and compare/contrast. If other regions decided to give somewhat proper compensation for reset scrolls and NA decided to go for token amounts, it exacerbates the GF > EME issue.

No one is getting 1m with these prices. That's practically not possible. It takes ~150 days worth of boxes to get 40k - the equivalent of one KTERA reset scroll; you can save up boxes for all of your elite career and not even approach that number. Even the truly hardcore players who had ~1400 boxes saved up from multiple servers is only getting 500k, and even that's pretty rare.

Also, I'm one of those people who didn't open their (350+) elite boxes. I'd agree that a different way to compensate those players would be better, but the optics is around reset scrolls since there is a direct comparison with other servers, and we already know that EME isn't going to do this at all.