Whoever thought personalized gear shore was a good idea for anniversary, it wasn't.

You have people who specialize in pve and pvp respectively, you give the pvp players kalivan's challenge which can now be solo'd by a priest.... and the pve players have to deal with full pvp players with full enchantment. That's like tossing them a cookie and giving us schm back when you got oneshot. It doesn't balance parties at all, and instead an entire team had pve gear vs pvp gear.

Comments

• 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    It says "play personalized gear shore hold ten times" so I assume that means you can lose ten times and get the reward?
  • LilienetteLilienette ✭✭
    you can, but that's not fun. Nobody likes playing a battle you just sit there and lose. That and watching someone else play an rpg are the two big things that take away all interest.
    Oh yeah, and the elitist types kick you for not having full enchant. Thought I should mention that.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    i dont run that wasted vanguard/coins that goes under the name of kalivan challenge since ages, and wont start now for a recolored old costume and some recycled stuff.
    i understand they wanted everybody to be able to access the event, but then again why not cs instead of sh?
    I agree, cs would have been a much more agreeable choice!
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    I'll get the Kalivan in if I don't get kicked every time, but most of us are not even bothering with Shore Hold. It's cancer, and I don't want to have to deal with the treatment and therapy I'll need if I even try it.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilienette wrote: »
    you can, but that's not fun. Nobody likes playing a battle you just sit there and lose.

You'll be surprised the level of depravity someone will fall to in order to achieve something.

Were you here for the Crusades? If not, then the PvP section had guilds actively conspiring with each other to get skycastles (trading wins, etc). Hell, some guilds broke apart into smaller guilds to prop up the "main" guild, then disbanded and rejoined.

From desperation comes invention, for better or worse.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, and the elitist types kick you for not having full enchant. Thought I should mention that.

nothing elitist about kicking the guardian gear players that die in 1 Ability from anyone with even +3 Pvp gear.
    Ray676 wrote: »
    nothing elitist about kicking the guardian gear players that die in 1 Ability from anyone with even +3 Pvp gear.
    all the people have to do is stand in 10 games and they are done. There is no loss overall as the battleground reward isn't even that much. Understanding the event going on and making exception for it is normal, or should be. Rather, the people applying would stop when the requirement is done. The fact that they made it personalized gear is my problem. 90% of players are pve, not pvp. So.

• EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    edited May 1
    Ray676 wrote: »
    all the people have to do is stand in 10 games and they are done. There is no loss overall as the battleground reward isn't even that much. Understanding the event going on and making exception for it is normal, or should be. Rather, the people applying would stop when the requirement is done. The fact that they made it personalized gear is my problem. 90% of players are pve, not pvp. So.

People cries because they want SH to get more players, EME makes an event and the same toxic groups put their work to make it fail. Later they will comeback again that their SH has no people queving and will try to say its EMe's fault when its not.

EME made a wrong move and that is to lend their ears to a minority group, again. They should focus on what most people likes and not what a small group of elitist want.
  • ManamiCManamiC ✭✭
    "Oh yeah, and the elitist types kick you for not having full enchant. Thought I should mention that."

Um I hope people realize having even +6 SC is severely outdated and compared to the new pvp gear +6 you are basically one shotted by half of a combo.

"Rather, the people applying would stop when the requirement is done. The fact that they made it personalized gear is my problem. 90% of players are pve, not pvp. So."

90% are pve? After playing today I think maybe just a bit more than half are PvE clueless of what they are doing. Remember there are PvE players that have farmed the PvP gear as well, just like PvP players being able to clear BS as they've also grinded as well. With how far in the SH/New gear patch has been around, there should be no excuse for people to NOT have at least +3 PvP gear, as the only people who don't currently are clearly people who only que'd SH for the first time. Again just because you are more of a PvE player doesn't excuse you have not having the really to obtain PvP counterpart, and I know more than enough PvE friends that can contest.

"People cries because they want SH to get more players, EME makes an event and the same toxic groups put their work to make it fail."

Well I'm sure there are more strict or even toxic players you encounter in PvP just like the ones in PVE, but remember that having SC+6 gear is like trying to do the top 2 hardest dungeons with that same gear level, basically without the required HO+1/2/. SH can be said as a more "higher echelon" bg compared to say CS, which is completely equalized for undergeared players. You have to see PvP as also having tiers just like PvE, just much less options.

Again if you have SC at all expect to be kicked, as you are almost required to play a very fair amount of games in CS first to obtain the gear before doing SH at all. It's like saying you need at least a few clears in mid tier dungeons before even attempting the higher ones.

You would need more or less +3 Gear before entering SH, or really geared HO(PvE set) if you ARE a PVEr. I don't think with how far into the patch we have been that you can call yourself an active PvE players if you still only have +8 StormCry.

I definitely feel that it sucks that there isn't a base gear for SH, but SH really built currently to be catered to a more geared and slightly intense group. Fortunately, I believe CS will be the next highlighted battleground next week so you can wait a bit and still get the rewards, just a later date.

Again if you don't have the gear expect to be kicked with a 15 minute wait cooldown, or take the 10 losses instead if you are committed enough. It is like expecting to go to BS without the top gear thinking you can clear 2nd stage, when really it just isn't feasible.
    Except it's a battleground sidegame. That's like playing paintball with m16s.. Nobody talked about going into the higher dungeons ungeared. And take a very good look at every server comment regarding pvp, and then look at how every server plays regionally, the vast majority are pve. Secondly, not everybody plays this game like it's a life and death struggle, we just ask for a little bit of basic courtesy.
  • PalochiPalochi ✭✭✭
    Just get at least base PvP gear and you prob won't be kicked most of the time, during the event. It's ~4 CS wins to get that, going in SH with PvE gear expecting to be carried isn't a nice experience to anyone.
  • ManamiCManamiC ✭✭
    edited May 1
    " Secondly, not everybody plays this game like it's a life and death struggle, we just ask for a little bit of basic courtesy."

Would you play with undergeared people in a dungeon? No you would kick them because they are a hindrance. If you want to talk about COURTESY, why don't you have the courtesy to get 10 wins in cs in a span of 6 months before coming to SH, as you are messing up your own team's chances to win? And being a complete liability to your team when they could greatly increase their chances with anyone else.

"And take a very good look at every server comment regarding pvp, and then look at how every server plays regionally, the vast majority are pve."

Where are you basing this off of? FORUMS? When less than 10% of active Tera actually still uses it? I'm confused where you see these things. Yeah KR has less PvP and more PvE sure, but don't think KR has had any event related to PvP or bgs. Na has this event only as far as I know and guess what, a feasible portion of the game talk about PvP as much as PvE, if not the general game as a whole.

"Except it's a battleground sidegame. That's like playing paintball with m16s.. Nobody talked about going into the higher dungeons ungeared."

Alright expect to be kicked then if you thats ur mentality on bgs. This pretty sums up your mindset xd.
    One. I teach beginners all the time in everything I've ever done, and they reached an acceptable level in less than an hour.
    Two. It's an event centered around a bg that rarely cues, where winning or losing doesn't matter.
    Three. I've read in multiple locations, reddit, twitter, here, and other random locations.
    Four. You assume a lot and I'm done replying to you.