[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

An Idea if Tera 2 did exist

My friends and I we where sitting there last night talking about what game we would want to play and at this point since there is nothing new out there you kinda have to revisit old games. This got us on the topic of taking things from other games including tera and making one bad [filtered] game.. Now it came down to 2 games Tera and BDO

Tell me what you guys think.

If Tera 2 existed how would you picture it to me it would be like this

Tera Dungeons and mechanics. MCHM was the most fun dungeons I ever did EVER.
Tera CC mechanics
Tera Art style (my preference not friends)

BDO combat style ( meaning no 1-0, you have to do different keyboard presses to cast an ability)
We picked bdo combat style just because it feels GREAT and as a player its awesome to pull out a combo with this play style instead of 1, 4, 2, 3, 6 and repeat.

If bdo had tera type dungeons it would be gg
if tera had bdo combat tera would blow the fawk up again..

IDK I can dream and wish and I know it aint coming true and this is just wishful thinking..
But what would your ideal Tera 2 be like?

Comments

• SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    Tera's issue was never the combat imo. It's content, end game, and the other things that make up an MMORPG.

Though if combat is changed, I'd prefer BnS combat over BDO. BDO's combo system is fun at first, but stepping into pvp reveals it's more shallow than Tera's, while BnS's combat feels amazing.
  • Serenade wrote: »
    Tera's issue was never the combat imo. It's content, end game, and the other things that make up an MMORPG.

Though if combat is changed, I'd prefer BnS combat over BDO. BDO's combo system is fun at first, but stepping into pvp reveals it's more shallow than Tera's, while BnS's combat feels amazing.

I get it, I do. However, I still like have fast pace bdo combat feels.. I dont like how fast one will die but the pace of things feels so much better than both.. Also tera combat isnt bad and thats not what I was trying to get out all 3 combat systems are great I just prefer BDO's

Thanks for your reply
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    TERA 2 literally would be the same old TERA we used to know and love, but with Unreal Engine 4 instead.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    TERA 2 literally would be the same old TERA we used to know and love, but with Unreal Engine 4 instead.

Indeed.
    TERA's graphics are still beautiful, considering the year of launch.
    Actual new content would be nice.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Cut out all the unnecessary, superfluous races and make it elins only.
  • MoonpeltMoonpelt ✭✭
    They already have plans for Tera online 2, it's going to be more realistc.....
  • MoonpeltMoonpelt ✭✭
    Moonpelt wrote: »

Read. http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=209680if you got a translator.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2
    When you say "more realistic" I didn't expect to see a picture of a mech suit with a giant cat face on it.

edit: link of google translate version:
    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=209680
  • Idea? Another publisher and Tera 2.0 will be a best mmorpg. Just use UE 4 and keep the same game action.
  • well let’s just hope the use the same combat system but with less rooting of skills
  • GiovanieGiovanie ✭✭
    tbh i would like to see a "TERA 2" but as of right now i'm waiting for AIR to come out i wanna see what that is going to bring.
  • edited May 2
    Moonpelt wrote: »

FWIW, the article doesn't actually confirm anything, it's just a general look at what the author is expecting from the various big Korean MMO studios.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djevik wrote: »
    My friends and I we where sitting there last night talking about what game we would want to play and at this point since there is nothing new out there you kinda have to revisit old games. This got us on the topic of taking things from other games including tera and making one bad [filtered] game.. Now it came down to 2 games Tera and BDO

Tell me what you guys think.

If Tera 2 existed how would you picture it to me it would be like this

Tera Dungeons and mechanics. MCHM was the most fun dungeons I ever did EVER.
    Tera CC mechanics
    Tera Art style (my preference not friends)

BDO combat style ( meaning no 1-0, you have to do different keyboard presses to cast an ability)
    We picked bdo combat style just because it feels GREAT and as a player its awesome to pull out a combo with this play style instead of 1, 4, 2, 3, 6 and repeat.

If bdo had tera type dungeons it would be gg
    if tera had bdo combat tera would blow the fawk up again..

IDK I can dream and wish and I know it aint coming true and this is just wishful thinking..
    But what would your ideal Tera 2 be like?

ray tracing

vr

5g

modern game play like in modern rpg, fps, adventure game

so i will little dissapointed if tera 2 look a mmorpg from 2000 era and not like 2020 era ;)
  • AlastanaAlastana ✭✭
    With tera there is a gap as it stands. Many prefer PVP without mindlessly grinding BG's which stunts the growth within the pvp community as its not exactly easy to upgrade things. I prefer Tera pvp over bdo any day. As for content for PVE its all great minus the fact that static parties exist and if you havent learned a dungeon in the first few days you pretty much have to create a party full of new people to learn it which takes ages. that is where bdo beats tera.In my opinion the pve gear should still be upgradable through pvp content