Server merge into pve or pvp question

So I wanted to know after the servers are being merged is it going to be PvP server with outlaw skill and GvG’s or is it going to be completely pve, or how this part will be implemented?

Comments

• WhippyWhipWhippyWhip ✭✭
    Hopefully it will be pvp
    I know a lot of people will dislike this idea as many people dont pvp
    I personal enjoy gvg's and open world pvp
    This would change a lot for things such as guild bam, world bosses and afk highwatch, but personally it would be more fun to me
    One concern i have is that many pvp players are toxic, i dont appresiate toxicity

If the server was pve only then i feel there should be more incentive to do pvp content so battlegrounds actually pop
    Also on pc every week they have guild wars known as civil unrest or battle for velika, if this was introduced to console im sure pvp players would appresiate this
  • If there is enough of a PvP player base to spend money to keep Tera open and profitable, then a PvP rule set is an option. Open world PvP is not something I am a fan of and I would most likely go find another game to play.
  • If no gvg and no open world pvp Tera dead for me, than time to change game
  • GospodjaGospodja ✭✭
    > @MythicPhoenix said:
    > If there is enough of a PvP player base to spend money to keep Tera open and profitable, then a PvP rule set is an option. Open world PvP is not something I am a fan of and I would most likely go find another game to play.

So if this is still the most important motivation factor for EME, rather then hi-end gameplay, then no returning for me ^^
  • no answer ))))) dont u dear ask supid questions anymore )))
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    edited May 10
    @Gospodja @AtomicGunner This should answer any questions you may have: https://enmassehelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022747113-TERA-Console-Server-Merge-FAQ-May-20
    "Will PvP be available?
    Open world PvP, Outlaw and Guild vs Guild, will not be available after the server merge. The fate of Civil Unrest: Velika on console will be determined at a later time.

Battlegrounds, like Fraywind Canyon, Corsair's Stronghold, Champion Skyring, Gridiron, and Kumas Royale, will continue to be available.

Players can always invite each other to a duel, so consensual one-on-one PvP is available."
  • GospodjaGospodja ✭✭
    Yep, that fully answers it.
  • I don't know how hard the server side coding would be, but a PvP channel for each map could be a possible future solution. You would need to be able to code channel specific rule sets though. Only the devs know if that is in their tool set. Its kind of a cool idea...
  • Or even just make it were any parties that want to pvp have to turn on outlaw instead of any1 who turns on outlaw be able to fight any1 complete removal of ow pvp hasn't been a popular option on kelsaik from what ive seen alot would rather leave tera
  • GospodjaGospodja ✭✭
    Guys, forget about it. This game is pure money sucker based on grind and nothing more. Rather enjoy or abandon this ship, like 90% of pvp (skilled) players :)
    I believe they are working on getting CU added. I'm looking forward to that myself.
  • FARG3PFYLAFARG3PFYLA ✭✭
    edited May 20
    I would be fine if it had a setting similar to War Mode in WOW. The server is PVE, but you can turn on an option that makes it PVP and others who have that setting can attack eachother at whatever time and some of the other mechanics.

Or like a lot of those mobile games where you can switch from peaceful, attack only those who attack you, attack anyone who is not a guild member, attack anyone, and like you can’t attack people who have the peaceful setting.

Or maybe make it a separate instance for those who want to turn PVP on. That could also help with lag from too many people which happens a lot on console.
    FARG3PFYLA wrote: »
    I would be fine if it had a setting similar to War Mode in WOW. The server is PVE, but you can turn on an option that makes it PVP and others who have that setting can attack eachother at whatever time and some of the other mechanics.

Or like a lot of those mobile games where you can switch from peaceful, attack only those who attack you, attack anyone who is not a guild member, attack anyone, and like you can’t attack people who have the peaceful setting.

Or maybe make it a separate instance for those who want to turn PVP on. That could also help with lag from too many people which happens a lot on console.

I like the option to PVP with anyone who has turned it on, but I don't think the separate instance would work too well (battlegrounds being a prime example). We've also suggested a PVP channel, but that was unfortunately shot down.