Legacy Essence

In the tooltip it says that they can be found as drops from "Lv 65 field monsters." Has anyone gotten one from a lv 66 mob? Or do they drop from lv 65 mobs only?

Answers

• MattOsirisMattOsiris ✭✭
    SO far yet to find one, doing level 65/66 quests, but maybe just low drop rate.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Really really low. Cocomin is asking for 8 of that thing. After a day I only have 2 with me.
    :smiley:
  • DanbeasDanbeas ✭✭
    Farmed 65+ bams for 3 hours and haven't seen one drop.
  • GunnerKaeGunnerKae (YouTube.com/tolate24) Kaelyni ✭✭
    I hunted a variety of creatures last night for 5 hours and got 0. Fangspawns, warthogs (65/66), Mournwings, Murderwings, and more. 100s of creatures, I'm 451...
    So yeah the drop chance must be low
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty lame considering in the legacy essence shop you need 10 for a fodder pet.
  • LordMurasamaLordMurasama ✭✭✭
    Zilch as well so I just hid the partner quest from the tracker since I know its going to take awhile to collect the rest of the 7. This is pretty much the current dev team's post level 65 design philosophy in terms of grind and RNG (I guess we can be thankful they gave us one for free). :expressionless:
  • KrystalineKrystaline ✭✭
    Maybe when they put the fashion coupons back in, the essences broke?
  • dragonmu12dragonmu12 Israel ✭✭✭
    its really rare i saw one from basilisks when i killed alot of them,really rare drop its so stupid, and you need 10 for fodder pet lol...
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    I probably killed over 1000 warthogs east of Tria and got one to drop.
  • CandyMomokoCandyMomoko ✭✭✭
    Whatever the devs are doing is pretty disgusting lately. All this changes suck and are simply more nolife grindy for things that half the time are not even worth it.
    edited May 9
    I just think they should be a common drop, since the gold required to raise them, and to get best in slot pet, you need 10 grade 10 partners + 1 you want to max
    which would require 20 pets for 10 partners to make grade 10, however many it takes to get the partner you want, then lets see.... 200 pets to make those 10 partners into grade 10 fodder
    so in total, 220 level 10 pets for fodder, plus how many pet it take to get the partner you want( probably will get it from the 110 partners you raise)

Based on what people said, farming 3-5 hours getting MAYBE 1 essence, and 10 essence for 1 pet, so 10x220x5= 11k hours= 458 days farming for 3-5+ hours a day on mobs, I just want someone who can talk to the eme staff, to relay this math to them.
    EDIT: math is wrong.... thats 458 DAYS OF PLAYTIME, TO GET THE PET, 458 DAYS WORTH OF HOURS. TO GET 220 PETS. (I been playing 4 years or so, and I have 140 days playtime accumalated.)

SO far, I think from who I've asked, 6 gossamer vault, 0-1 Essence from them. 290 tokens for entry. I wonder if this is intended.
  • VulcarionVulcarion ✭✭✭
    The Legacy Essence drop rate is nothing short of horrific right now. I would like to think it's bugged, but sadly, that's probably giving Krafton a little too much credit.
    I am gonna assume its bugged, because not even the worse mmo I played expected you to wait 11000 hours of grinding to get one thing maxed out....
  • SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    edited May 9
    This is likely to push p(l)ayers toward buying companion loot boxes, which haa a high chance of giving a pet or companion.