Possible options for ow pvp?

From my prospective there's paths that could be taken for keeping it and I would like to discuss this

Comments

• Theres paths they could take but those are too difficult so the easiest thing to do is remove it at the cost of a portion of the community.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Cause OW pvp is essentially just there to keep PVPers from whining too much as all other areas that you typically go to are safe zones. Unless you go to VO or hunt world bosses, you won't notice it's gone really (other than no GVG until CU gets put in...if they even can put it in without breaking consoles)
  • Um my guild pvps just about every other day so we will notice.....
  • Even if we have to break up from the guild in groups for a bit we'll pvp each other...
  • Anyway I was thinking if they made it where any1 that wants to pvp has to turn on outlaw instead of just 1 person turning it on like what's set up at this time
  • The obvious choice here is to give people who want to pvp, the option to flag for pvp. This could be zoned for anywhere -> open world included.

Easy solution to save the pvp player base on console from quitting after this server merge.
  • I would definitely agree with this. Seems like a simple option. And losing people isn't going to make the queues pop any faster
  • KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    edited May 13
    The obvious choice here is to give people who want to pvp, the option to flag for pvp. This could be zoned for anywhere -> open world included.

Easy solution to save the pvp player base on console from quitting after this server merge.

I think this would work great on Tera sort of like how flagging works on pve servers on wow. It'd let the people from the pvp server and the people on the pve server who like pvp continue to have their battles outside of battlegrounds or duels, and would also keep people who dislike pvp safe since they wouldn't have to flag. I don't really see a downside to them adding something like that.

pvp is a big part of most mmos and good pvp activity can attract a lot of new players and keep existing players who like pvp more than pve happy too. It seems like a win win to have stuff like world pvp still possible or at least something more than occasional bgs and duels. not only would it make the pvpers feel less ignored but it might get some of the pve players interested in pvp & help keep people from getting bored. Pvp can be a lot of fun.
  • Obvious choice would be too enable PvP for all, there's plenty of ways to dodge gvg via the system and safe zones for pve elins
  • The method ive been mentioning could eliminate the need for safezones imo
  • KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    edited May 13
    Obvious choice would be too enable PvP for all, there's plenty of ways to dodge gvg via the system and safe zones for pve elins

I don't think forced pvp or everyone flagged would work on Tera. It'd have to be something people who didn't want to participate in pvp could have off like what Beefilicious was talking about. There are more people interested in the pve and other non pvp stuff than pvp. Sooo they'd probably lose many more people forcing people into pvp or into hiding than would quit because of no pvp :(

There are lots of ways they can have both styles of play on the same server tho! Lots of examples of mmos that have both pvp and pve on the same server with no one getting forced into pvp. I hope it will be looked into so we can have that balance of pvp and pve too :)
  • hoookedshrimphoookedshrimp ✭✭
    edited May 13
    Ive been saying make it strictly for flagged only so technically it consensual so those who don't flag don't get affected
  • KozyEmiKozyEmi ✭✭
    edited May 19
    DW9EJLX97F wrote: »
    Ive been saying make it strictly for flagged only so technically it consensual so those who don't flag don't get affected

i think that what you're suggesting would work perfect for tera. Its how the rp and pve servers on WOW were when i played. there was a lot of pvp on those servers too lots of city raids and fun stuff even tho they weren't pvp servers. even low levels got involved it was so much fun.

i truly believe that it would help attract new players too having that type of flagging system in tera. There arent a lot of mmo options for console. If Tera had a good balance of pvp and pve with people being able to flag like you suggest it would bring some people back who may have left for those other mmos and give people more things to do in game keeping them from going to other games.