Legacy Essence

Answers

• TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Players: How do i get legacy essence to complete the story quest?
    EME: Buy our loot box.
    Players: *pepehands*
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11
    so , what 65 mobs are we actually meant to be farming for this or doesnt it matter ?
    ive been trying to get some and been killing 65's but havent seen a drop , i know the drops are low but thought id have seen at least 1 drop by now
    and even with the poor rate is there any mob with any better drops that the others if theres more than one mob to acquire this ?
  • NerdFuryNerdFury ✭✭
    tisnotme wrote: »
    so , what 65 mobs are we actually meant to be farming for this or doesnt it matter ?
    ive been trying to get some and been killing 65's but havent seen a drop , i know the drops are low but thought id have seen at least 1 drop by now
    and even with the poor rate is there any mob with any better drops that the others if theres more than one mob to acquire this ?

I saw 1 drop after 6 hours of basilisk farming.
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    NerdFury wrote: »

I have easily killed a thousand of level 65+ bambs and it hasnt dropped for me... this is bs
  • LordMurasamaLordMurasama ✭✭✭
    edited May 11
    NerdFury wrote: »
    Sounds about right for this grindy design. Part of it is by design to drive players to cash shop solutions (companion loot box) and their (Krafton's) data probably shows a demographic that obliges across all regions (both hardcore grinders and those who throw a lot of money at these sort of cash shop items).
  • fromsector7fromsector7 ✭✭✭
    how weird .. always wanting everything easy .
  • I don't think anyone's asking for "easy"... they're more asking "can you make the drop rate slightly less ridiculous or should we will our accounts to our grandchildren to complete the quest?"
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    How is this "wanting everything easy"? You need 10 of these things for a basic fodder pet. You need 8 for a story quest. This has nothing to do with being easy, it's about being absurdly tedious.

Content is supposed to be fun. Literal days of non-stop grinding is not fun.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    Lol they signed this topic as "answered" but i actually see no answer from eme in these 2 pages, i wonder if that means they dont care at all about it, probably because it was intended.
    it is the same with blue/golden relics/halidom, the chances of em dropping are so low i only got 1 blue crit halidom (and dont need it lol) and stand no chance of getting fodder to turn it to at least tier 2/3 and maybe convert another accessory to power to balance, so it is just there buried in the inv while i wear cheap t3 green power relics/halidom (also because the bams dropping power ones are not worth farming time/exp wise, so you may just want to stop to t3 at that point...)
    useless to say that field bosses dropping gold/blue ones are not a solution at all, since the odds of getting last hit are terribly low, and i guess there are people cheating to view their hp and only attack when it is already almost dead to get last hit, thus the loot.
    and also is the same with gear infusion fodder, which is a less rare drop (golden one) but is also rare to see decent stats on it and even rarer to have em actually apply to your gears without losing that "sweated" 2 power for crit resist factor stat, which weirdly has the highest % chance on infusion: i have a 7 cf fodder robe, but it has no use alone, i would need at least other 4/5 with same stats (and possibly power too) to even think of risking the 4cf and 2 power and the tons of gold that already costed me to achieve.

on top of that, what they think of doing now? making fodder pet stones basically as rare as blue/golden relics/halidoms drop, at the point that till now i only legit saw 1 dropping from a dracoloth, and nevermore from anything else, just fashion coupons and strongboxes junk drops that contribute to lowering the odds of other stuff dropping (am i the only one to have noticed that other drops just got rarer since they added fc/strongboxes to the loot table?)
    the alternative is spending 30k gold on a lootbox with a 33% chance, meaning to have a decent chance of dropping a single fodder pet, you are gonna spend around 70k gold, which makes sense since pets are in tb for freaking 100k gold...
    100k gold fodder, just imagine.
    and you need what, 200 of em for a chance at getting a decent tier pet?
    i am not even considering gv, 300 coins for a loot table that makes you cry is just robbery, if you aint elite you can run it at best 3 times till you run out of coins, that means you wont be able to run anything else till it refills...

i can see where tera is heading, and that place is called grave.
    i love this game and seeing it ruined at such extent by a grindy unrewarding system is a real pity, but hey, you will be able to count on the few whales flooding you with money from buying emp lootboxes for a while, till they too realize that everything else will still require them months (if not years...) to farm, and simply give up: at that point you will say bye bye to their money as well, just like f2p players are already running away.
    you pushed a patch that benefits you in the short run but will most likely kill you in the long run, i already thought that gearing system with the regional chronical shortage of talents was terrible, but on the top of that (that didnt get solved, btw) you just added more and more grind to the game making it almost unplayable for anyone aiming to get to a decent point in progression without wide opening the wallet for you or giving up on everything else in life to farm for months.

i hope i summed up the whole situation, but i already know this wont get an actual answer, so i feel like i just wasted my time.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    ghenea wrote: »
    Lol they signed this topic as "answered" but i actually see no answer from eme in these 2 pages, i wonder if that means they dont care at all about it, probably because it was intended.

The grey answered is something that is automatically added by the forum as soon as there is any reply, from anyone, to a New Question posted. It will turn blue if the question asker accepts any reply (or several). There is no active involvement at all from anyone at EME in this process, as far as I'm aware, since this is functionality built into the forum.

Now, please don't take this as my trying to shoot down your frustration with this overly grind-y system - I certainly have shelved the quest as something that might get completed sometime within a year maybe (or if I ever feel like starting it on 8 characters and then pooling them on one, since the essences seem to be bankable; come to think of it, just making yet another alt, leveling it 65, doing the Apex chain, and taking it 66 to get an essence from the quest might be more fun than grinding them from mobs), but not something I remotely try to work towards, let alone even trying to acquire any kind of partner at all -, but if you're going to be frustrated then please do so for the right reasons, not for something that EME isn't even actively doing.

So, while I have no doubt that this is all very much intended by Bluehole, since that is the kind of system that they have been building for the better part of a year by now, and EME certainly isn't covering themselves in glory by failing to adapt this in any fashion to regional preferences, they aren't doing something like tagging a topic as 'answered' without actually answering, just to irk us all some more.

Also, for the sake of fairness, the partner from that quest seems to come with a new storage tab (since the max seems to have gone up to 5 and the patch notes listed it as having special storage, if I'm not misreading something), so it's not like you are getting nothing by working on that quest. And, to be honest, it seems that part might be a big part for the rarity of the essences, but that is just speculation. Bluehole just dumping yet another grind-y mess on us is just the far more rational expectation at this point.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    Ellexem wrote: »

The grey answered is something that is automatically added by the forum as soon as there is any reply, from anyone, to a New Question posted. It will turn blue if the question asker accepts any reply (or several). There is no active involvement at all from anyone at EME in this process, as far as I'm aware, since this is functionality built into the forum.

Now, please don't take this as my trying to shoot down your frustration with this overly grind-y system - I certainly have shelved the quest as something that might get completed sometime within a year maybe (or if I ever feel like starting it on 8 characters and then pooling them on one, since the essences seem to be bankable; come to think of it, just making yet another alt, leveling it 65, doing the Apex chain, and taking it 66 to get an essence from the quest might be more fun than grinding them from mobs), but not something I remotely try to work towards, let alone even trying to acquire any kind of partner at all -, but if you're going to be frustrated then please do so for the right reasons, not for something that EME isn't even actively doing.

So, while I have no doubt that this is all very much intended by Bluehole, since that is the kind of system that they have been building for the better part of a year by now, and EME certainly isn't covering themselves in glory by failing to adapt this in any fashion to regional preferences, they aren't doing something like tagging a topic as 'answered' without actually answering, just to irk us all some more.

Also, for the sake of fairness, the partner from that quest seems to come with a new storage tab (since the max seems to have gone up to 5 and the patch notes listed it as having special storage, if I'm not misreading something), so it's not like you are getting nothing by working on that quest. And, to be honest, it seems that part might be a big part for the rarity of the essences, but that is just speculation. Bluehole just dumping yet another grind-y mess on us is just the far more rational expectation at this point.

Half post to clear out the fact that eme has no part in signing a topic as "answered", yeah i got it the first time :p
    also uh, the fact a quest takes probably a year to complete shouldnt let you so calm and cool with it, you are just endorsing their way of dealing with things and while i agree eme is not *the one* at fault for this, they have a great role in it as well since everytime someone tries to argue with them about the current state of the game, they just say they are "forwarding the feedback" to krafton but nothing ever happens after...
    and even when the problem is directly an eme concern (like talents shortage) they proved they did not listen at all to their players by making no adjustment at all to fix the shortage of materials, that is an old matter but it just adds up to a bunch of other problems that either eme or krafton directly are causing...

but i am not even "attacking" eme specifically for anything here (other than materials shortage, but that is another matter), my post was in general about current game state, idc whose the fault is as long as someone takes it as reference to make a step in the right direction, which most likely isnt going to happen so *shrug*

the extra storage tab from a quest you may or may not complete in *months* is really nothing, that partner is a green one, not even worth wasting 8 essences on probably...
    you may not be aware of it, but i just will inform you that the reason why you would be aiming to get a pet is not extra storage tab, which honestly may as well be fixed by farming a couple days to get a bank expansion, but for the *extra 40/50 power* it gives.
    and afaik the pet from the quest has no chance of giving that, it is not even slightly valuable considering the time it takes to farm those essences.
    so idk what you are talking about.
  • Ellexem wrote: »

The superior pets I've gotten came with the HP pot skill already there, so my interpretation of

"The story quest, “Thrall Egg,” is granted to level 66+ players and upon completion give players their first partner, Cocomin, with personal storage."

is that the pet comes with the storage skill pre-loaded so you don't have to move that skill over from a pack pet. It seems you DO get extra pet storage, though. I gave one of my companions the skills from my Lord Dakyron pet and his pet storage tabs increased as I leveled him. At lvl 10 he's got 3 tabs of pet storage.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @ghenea said:
    > Lol they signed this topic as "answered" but i actually see no answer from eme in these 2 pages, i wonder if that means they dont care at all about it, probably because it was intended.
    > it is the same with blue/golden relics/halidom, the chances of em dropping are so low i only got 1 blue crit halidom (and dont need it lol) and stand no chance of getting fodder to turn it to at least tier 2/3 and maybe convert another accessory to power to balance, so it is just there buried in the inv while i wear cheap t3 green power relics/halidom (also because the bams dropping power ones are not worth farming time/exp wise, so you may just want to stop to t3 at that point...)
    > useless to say that field bosses dropping gold/blue ones are not a solution at all, since the odds of getting last hit are terribly low, and i guess there are people cheating to view their hp and only attack when it is already almost dead to get last hit, thus the loot.
    > and also is the same with gear infusion fodder, which is a less rare drop (golden one) but is also rare to see decent stats on it and even rarer to have em actually apply to your gears without losing that "sweated" 2 power for crit resist factor stat, which weirdly has the highest % chance on infusion: i have a 7 cf fodder robe, but it has no use alone, i would need at least other 4/5 with same stats (and possibly power too) to even think of risking the 4cf and 2 power and the tons of gold that already costed me to achieve.
    >
    > on top of that, what they think of doing now? making fodder pet stones basically as rare as blue/golden relics/halidoms drop, at the point that till now i only legit saw 1 dropping from a dracoloth, and nevermore from anything else, just fashion coupons and strongboxes junk drops that contribute to lowering the odds of other stuff dropping (am i the only one to have noticed that other drops just got rarer since they added fc/strongboxes to the loot table?)
    > the alternative is spending 30k gold on a lootbox with a 33% chance, meaning to have a decent chance of dropping a single fodder pet, you are gonna spend around 70k gold, which makes sense since pets are in tb for freaking 100k gold...
    > 100k gold fodder, just imagine.
    > and you need what, 200 of em for a chance at getting a decent tier pet?
    > i am not even considering gv, 300 coins for a loot table that makes you cry is just robbery, if you aint elite you can run it at best 3 times till you run out of coins, that means you wont be able to run anything else till it refills...
    >
    > i can see where tera is heading, and that place is called grave.
    > i love this game and seeing it ruined at such extent by a grindy unrewarding system is a real pity, but hey, you will be able to count on the few whales flooding you with money from buying emp lootboxes for a while, till they too realize that everything else will still require them months (if not years...) to farm, and simply give up: at that point you will say bye bye to their money as well, just like f2p players are already running away.
    > you pushed a patch that benefits you in the short run but will most likely kill you in the long run, i already thought that gearing system with the regional chronical shortage of talents was terrible, but on the top of that (that didnt get solved, btw) you just added more and more grind to the game making it almost unplayable for anyone aiming to get to a decent point in progression without wide opening the wallet for you or giving up on everything else in life to farm for months.
    >
    > i hope i summed up the whole situation, but i already know this wont get an actual answer, so i feel like i just wasted my time.

I never put anything as answered. It’s automatically done when someone posts.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    facepalm, so that is the topic now.
    ok.