[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Price Avg to get the new content<PETS>

Hey guys I am wondering whats the generally agreed price range to get a good roll on the new pets. As some of you may know, the pets can give you a considerable buff of power that has a short cooldown-like a brooch- that can really benefit you in dungeon dps. For example, games like black desert have a community saying, where the price for the actual game can be around 110$, where you will spend at least 49 bucks on tier 1 pets at the store to combine and then get a chance to enchant them to tier 4. As Tera releases more and more of their new content, I can't help but notice that there are more items that would require at least some spending to obtain, on top of a rng system. I don't mind spending some cash here and there, however I want to consider what would the average player be looking for in price range if they want a chance to obtain these pets. I've already been told from my friends that they would like me to also try and get a pet with the buff, and how it would definitely contribute to bursting a boss in dungeon.

tl;dr how much would you say a tier 4/good ability pet would cost if you were trying to get it

Comments

• TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    I watched a video made by a korean player and he said he spent $600.
    But i'm not sure whether he actually finally get the good roll.
    He ended the video by saying, "[filtered] you, bluehole!"
  • This seems like such a hassle to get a little more power...

Most people already have reached the power ceiling.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine they'll be willing to spend another $600 for the next atrocity BHS releases.
    We have the current cash grab trash of a system due to those type of players.
    Believe there is no passion anymore, only money signs.
    The cycle continues.
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    edited May 13

Imagine they'll be willing to spend another $600 for the next atrocity BHS releases.
    We have the current cash grab trash of a system due to those type of players.
    Believe there is no passion anymore, only money signs.
    The cycle continues.

I quite understand what you said and its dissapointing that we are in this situation.

I have spent over 20k dollars on this game (cosmetics) and think this new system is just a bs cash grab, one of the worst that could be implemented, like mounts with increase of damage pasives and inner armor from loot boxes.

I wonder why people keep supporting these p2w tactics on games.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't spend money on this. Don't encourage them.
  • SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    edited May 13
    We can compute this directly now. Since EMP prices have inflated due to companion boxes, we can now put a price tag of about 100k per pet. A companion is worth about 2 pets, making it about 200k per companion ignoring mats for leveling (use dyads).

You need 11 companions to attempt a grade 10. We assume you will get at least 1 rare in this process to serve as base, which makes it 2.2 million gold per attempt.

KTera estimates give a very low chance to get a level 42+ companion, when power really ramps up. Let's conservatively put this at 10%. That gives you around a [b]22 million[/b] price tag to get what could be considered a good pet.

Skill rerolls are okay. Companions are biased toward their first (combat) skill so getting it shouldn't be a huge issue.

The biggest issue is that almost none of this price tag is an actual gold sink, since the best way to get pets is companion boxes atm that are bought from other players. It removes no gold from the economy other than broker costs.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    This seems like such a hassle to get a little more power...

Most people already have reached the power ceiling.

there is no power cap
  • ErazusErazus ✭✭
    edited May 13
    -DELETED-.
  • ErazusErazus ✭✭
    edited May 13
    Serenade wrote: »
    We can compute this directly now. Since EMP prices have inflated due to companion boxes, we can now put a price tag of about 100k per pet. A companion is worth about 2 pets, making it about 200k per companion ignoring mats for leveling (use dyads).

You need 11 companions to attempt a grade 10. We assume you will get at least 1 rare in this process to serve as base, which makes it 2.2 million gold per attempt.

A lot of misinformation here.

A servant/companion is not worth 200k, that is way too much. Getting a pet out of the 150 EMP box is approximately 40-45% (including servants, which is the equivalent of 2 pets and lets say 40%). At 1:100-120 (lets say 1:110), 1 pet would cost 41k, 82k for a servant. Getting a pet to level 10 can cost 0 gold or an extremely low amount if you feed it with hexages. Lets say 85k for a companion.

Getting a companion to grade 10 does not require 11 companions but rather 10. 1 from the companion itself that you feed and 9 companions which are those you feed to the companion getting fed (you start at grade 1. Grade 1 to grade 10 is 9 tries).

85k*10= 850k gold for 1 grade 10 not guaranteed at all to be good. It is extremely expensive but no where near 2.2m lol.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Or you could just have fun with this and level up some blue pet that you like and not worry about getting it maxed everything. I mean what were you guys all doing before these pets came along? You must have been doing pretty decent in dungeons.

Maybe they will have a sale on pets soon. The prices of the boxes will go down to. Maybe one day they will have a sale on the companion loot boxes in the store. I know everyone wants to be the first to have a maxed out pet, but it's not like they are going anywhere.
  • GunnerKaeGunnerKae (YouTube.com/tolate24) Kaelyni ✭✭
    I agree with Christin. Why hurry?

If you take your time and think about your next move, partners are quite cheap. The achievement pets are still there, grab those, use evolution cores,
    and harvest resources to craft them. I've gotten 2 partners for next to nothing in just a couple days.
  • SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    edited May 13
    Erazus wrote: »
    A servant/companion is not worth 200k, that is way too much. Getting a pet out of the 150 EMP box is approximately 40-45% (including servants, which is the equivalent of 2 pets and lets say 40%). At 1:100-120 (lets say 1:110), 1 pet would cost 41k, 82k for a servant. Getting a pet to level 10 can cost 0 gold or an extremely low amount if you feed it with hexages. Lets say 85k for a companion.
    You're looking at bulk EMP prices, which requires a seller looking for quick conversion. The price of the boxes on the broker has already reached an easy 28k and is still going up, and raw pets are selling for ~90k-100k. The drop rate of companions from boxes is also pretty low. EMP prices are rising due to the companion boxes as well, so I expect it to go higher than 1:120 soon enough.

85k for a companion is way too low as an estimate. With the 30k that the boxes have a good chance to reach, you're looking at closer to 140k.
    Getting a companion to grade 10 does not require 11 companions but rather 10. 1 from the companion itself that you feed and 9 companions which are those you feed to the companion getting fed (you start at grade 1. Grade 1 to grade 10 is 9 tries).

85k*10= 850k gold for 1 grade 10 not guaranteed at all to be good. It is extremely expensive but no where near 2.2m lol.
    You're right, it's 10 and not 11 companions. My apologies.

I also pretty badly underestimated the probability of getting a higher friendship pet (42+) at only 10%. Taking actual probabilities (monte-carlo simulation), this number should be around 2%, making it far more expensive than 22 mil for a good one as OP suggests even at your reduced prices. A friendliness 50 one is practically impossible.