[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

DPS Discrepancy in Endgame Dungeons

I will go straight into the facts for TERA.

__HARD TRUTH__

Even if u maxed your gear out you will always be useless at endgame dungeon what do i mean by that?

From guardian gear > frostmetal > stormcry > Heroic Oath [The stats dont give u a big leap even if u enchant all your way to the last set] you can go teralore.com and look at the gears yourself]
Doesn't matter if u farm it the hard way or using real money to get things done. *Don't waste your hard earn money buying emp and selling it off to get mats for upgrading it...your gear stats will NEVER ever be enough for higher tier dungeons*

If u play long enough to realise...a full party of legit players will take around 30-40mins to clear a dungeon painstalkingly with only minimum dps/heal. [You will only realise this when u get unlucky enough to quene with a party of full legit players)
Most of the time u will get quened with hackers (1 or 2 that carry the entire dungeon) that takes about 5-10mins to clear a dungeon [Even if u have the best gear your dps/heal compared to them is thrash]

My point: This game make you feel bad and useless for not contributing at dungeon because legit players only contribute 10-20% in total while hackers do 80-90% of the work.

You want the truth this is the hard truth whether u like it or not.

Let all legit players unite and start a petition for the developers to read and rescale/rework how this game is suppose to be.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Scale your dungeon/world boss accordingly with the right gear stats
2. Remove hackers and let all every tera players finally have a taste of what tera truly offer

This is way beyond f2p or p2w model... This system of yours is definitely unacceptable. Lets all work together and turn TERA back the path it intially is.

:D

[mod edit: This thread's title was changed to be less 'flamebait']

Comments

• As a Chad Instance Matchmaker I'm gonna have to agree with patching scripters but decline 40 min runs. If you wipe that's your fault. If you take 20 minutes on a boss then stay out of queue. Thanks.
  • My real problem with Tera are the script / injector users. A
    honest player will never be able to output what script users put out. Then they have the audacity to call you "meh DPS" because you play legit and they use 3rd party programs up their dps..
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    My real problem with Tera are the script / injector users. A
    honest player will never be able to output what script users put out. Then they have the audacity to call you "meh DPS" because you play legit and they use 3rd party programs up their dps..

Ignorance is also a problem.
    Recommend searching what an injector actually does.
  • edited May 13
    > @MargaretRose said:
    > MatrixOfLeaders wrote: »
    >
    > My real problem with Tera are the script / injector users. A
    > honest player will never be able to output what script users put out. Then they have the audacity to call you "meh DPS" because you play legit and they use 3rd party programs up their dps..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ignorance is also a problem.
    > Recommend searching what an injector actually does.

The fact of the matter is that 3rd party programs and modifications of the client are against the tos...
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @MargaretRose said:
    >
    > honest player will never be able to output what script users put out. Then they have the audacity to call you "meh DPS" because you play legit and they use 3rd party programs up their dps..
    >
    >
    >
    >

The fact of the matter is that 3rd party programs and modifications of the client are against the tos...

Of course.
    Wonder why EME doesn't ban those players then.
    Even unbanned such users.
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29777/focused-updates-on-tera-fuot-1
  • fromsector7fromsector7 ✭✭✭
    just learn to play tera ..

If you have not learned how to use skills rotation yet, it's your problem. If you do not know what crystals to use, it's your problem, if you do not know the mechanics of the dungeons it's your problem.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    If by "hacking" you mean packet injectors they aren't going to have more dps than someone who is close to the servers and has <20 ms ping... if your dps is bad you either have terrible internet, have a terrible computer, live on the other side of the world or need to learn how to play.
  • fromsector7fromsector7 ✭✭✭
    "a full party of legit players will take around 30-40mins to clear a dungeon " ..channelwork ? kalivan challenge ?
  • > @MargaretRose said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Wrong. They used to be against TOS they are allowed now after the large Proxy outcry BHS is very much turning a blind eye to them. Also my SO is in HO gear and he is farm from Useless in a dungeon, he is one of the only people I like running with. I know if he's there we'll get things done in 30 minutes or less. You need better teams, like for real.
  • I don't know what point the OP is actually trying to make? This is as much some kind of weird attempt at discrediting legitimate players who very successfully cleared content over the years as it is a punch thrown at the proxy community.

I remember my first run of BRHM, back in VM5 patch. We had no tank. Basically the entire run was pretty much duoed by a Priest and a Warrior. The warrior was allegedly hitting 7m Scythes during a time when hitting for 5m was considered fairly impressive. Bosses just absolutely melted, and it was just one guy doing all the work.

By the OP's logic, he was clearly not a legitimate player because he was...good? Despite being a part of a specific subset of players who have existed since the game's release and still exist now.

Also for the record, the difference between my existing SC gear and fully enchanted HO is roughly 7k flat attack, which translates into a 26% damage increase before factoring in the extra power and everything else. How 26% can't be considered "a big leap", I don't really know.

This thread title needs to be changed.
  • VulcarionVulcarion ✭✭✭
    This is pretty lol tbh. I've been told repeatedly for years now that I use proxy "or hack" when I run in lfg on my dps. Never touched proxy once. There's a lot more factors at play here than whether someone uses proxy or not... I guess the OP can't see that.
  • EmberBecEmberBec Wonderland
    >oh check this out, i'm using skill prediction to play the game how it's supposed to be, aka with korea's sub-10ms ping, i'm also using fps utils for improved game performance!
    "COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, BAN THESE HACKERS AND LET EVERYONE PLAY THE GAME THE WAY WE ALWAYS DID, WITH HUGE PING SPIKES AND/OR 200ms+ AND A GOD-AWFULLY OPTIMIZED GAME WHICH IS STILL 32-BIT IN 2K19" -OP 2k19

before you start calling people hackers/scripters and things of similar caliber, do your research. there's a billion threads on the ethics behind proxy usage, but since you don't even have enough of a brain to find these threads let alone read up on what they're saying, lemme sum it up for you.
    calling people "hackers" and banning them for proxy usage is like the government putting a ban on kitchen knives because they allow you to kill people. it's stupid, so don't blame the tool, blame individual players if they're really cheating. most proxy users are simply legit players who want a quality of life upgrade to their tera experience that bhs failed to provide them over and over.

tl;dr: OP is a brainless moron.
  • EmberBec wrote: »
    >oh check this out, i'm using skill prediction to play the game how it's supposed to be, aka with korea's sub-10ms ping, i'm also using fps utils for improved game performance!
    "COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, BAN THESE HACKERS AND LET EVERYONE PLAY THE GAME THE WAY WE ALWAYS DID, WITH HUGE PING SPIKES AND/OR 200ms+ AND A GOD-AWFULLY OPTIMIZED GAME WHICH IS STILL 32-BIT IN 2K19" -OP 2k19

That's only half the problem with the OP. The other half is they're acting like good players with 200ms ping don't exist.