[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Price Avg to get the new content<PETS>

2»

Comments

  • ErazusErazus ✭✭
    Serenade wrote: »
    You're looking at bulk EMP prices, which requires a seller looking for quick conversion. The price of the boxes on the broker has already reached an easy 28k and is still going up, and raw pets are selling for ~90k-100k. The drop rate of companions from boxes is also pretty low. EMP prices are rising due to the companion boxes as well, so I expect it to go higher than 1:120 soon enough.

    85k for a companion is way too low as an estimate. With the 30k that the boxes have a good chance to reach, you're looking at 120k, at least

    Buying EMP items off of broker has always and will always be a lost of gold for the buyer by a huge margin. Why do you think people buy EMP? Eitherway, there is no point of buying things directly off of broker when you can just straight up buy the items from an EMP seller but if you do, then you are impatient and you gotta pay the extra amount of gold for it. It does not matter how much the boxes are on the broker when it is easily obtainable to get them at 1:120, the possibility of getting it way cheaper than what is listed on the broker dictates the actual price of them.

    The drop rate is not low, unless you think 40% is lol. I have opened over 200 boxes from EMP sellers at 1:120 and I know numerous people that did the same so I am well aware about its drop rate lol.

    The pets you buy off of the broker are pets with the auto-loot ability on them, of course they are going to cost more...
  • SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    edited May 13
    Erazus wrote: »
    Buying EMP items off of broker has always and will always be a lost of gold for the buyer by a huge margin. Why do you think people buy EMP? Eitherway, there is no point of buying things directly off of broker when you can just straight up buy the items from an EMP seller but if you do, then you are impatient and you gotta pay the extra amount of gold for it. It does not matter how much the boxes are on the broker when it is easily obtainable to get them at 1:120, the possibility of getting it way cheaper than what is listed on the broker dictates the actual price of them.
    Why do you think you can even get EMP at 1:110 when companion boxes sell like hotcakes on the broker at 1:190? It's because the EMP market is slow to adjust to price fluctuations due to asymmetrical information. How many boxes do you think you and everyone else who wants a high power companion can actually buy from sellers before the price goes up?

    The broker is the actual price for a high-turnover item like companion boxes. EMP prices are going up for a reason - because that sort of arbitrage exists and the market is correcting itself. Ueing that price as some sort of actual market price (especially for mass-buying companion boxes for a high friendship one) and expecting it to stay the same is kinda silly.
    Erazus wrote: »
    The drop rate is not low, unless you think 40% is lol. I have opened over 200 boxes from EMP sellers at 1:120 and I know numerous people that did the same so I am well aware about its drop rate lol.
    I'm talking about the rate of getting a high friendship companion like the OP wants to know about, not the price of getting one random companion to grade 10. If you think the rates for that aren't low, please feel free to show us the stables of friendship 42+ companions you must have by now.
    Erazus wrote: »
    The pets you buy off of the broker are pets with the auto-loot ability on them, of course they are going to cost more...
    Not at all. I'm referring to the tradable addams, rocky, and stuff that are on the broker that have no ability at all.
  • ErazusErazus ✭✭
    edited May 13
    Serenade wrote: »
    Why do you think you can even get EMP at 1:110 when companion boxes sell like hotcakes on the broker at 1:190? It's because the EMP market is slow to adjust to price fluctuations due to asymmetrical information. How many boxes do you think you and everyone else who wants a high power companion can actually buy from sellers before the price goes up?

    I'm talking about the rate of getting a high friendship companion like the OP wants to know about, not the price of getting one random companion to grade 10. If you think the rates for that aren't low, please feel free to show us the stables of friendship 42+ companions you must have by now.

    Not at all. I'm referring to the tradable addams, rocky, and stuff that are on the broker that have no ability at all.

    As long as the boxes are obtainable at 1:120 EMP, you can get them as cheap as 18k gold instead of 28k gold.

    Of course getting a high fellowship is retardedly expensive when the average grade 10 is 27 fellowships, I never said it is not........ I only said for 1 grade 10, it is 850k, not 2.2m per attempt like you mention on your initial post. I never said anything else than that, read properly please...........

    All the pets that you can be bought through the broker are of rare (blue) rarity to which they all have the auto-loot ability, there are no uncommon (green) rarity to which have no ability on the broker because those are not tradeable lol. Once again, misinformation.
  • ErazusErazus ✭✭
    I just want to make it clear that nothing about this system is good, it is extremely predatory, straight up evil and bad. All I am saying is that the person I responded to said misinformations that is all.

    As for the pricing, I am referring to what me and multiple people that I know what they got, 50 boxes is definitely not a big sample size to determine the chances eitherway. If it was 1:150 for you, well I guess sucks for you.
  • fromsector7fromsector7 ✭✭✭
    edited May 13
    I already imagine ... people selling emp and spending fortune on a high grade pet to be afk or go to rg. to later complain that spend a fortune on a pet. (that nobody forced them to buy)
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    dang these are exciting times !
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    But you dont deserve gold from reset scrolls xD. You will need a billion gold to get maxed everything on one character and that is not certain, yet we are not entitled to get 2 million gold from reset scrolls. Now we can see why, as everything in the game ask for more and more gold and the solution is cash shop.

    The amount of gold needed for companions is ridiculous, as so the relics and halidoms and we havent seen the worst to come.

    Now I understand why the roll back.
  • Hey guys

    Love the feedback and its been a very informative read so far. I think at the very end of the day, we can all agree that the recent patches that we have gotten are just simply ridiculous as they're designed for you to really spend as much money or time as possible by dangling considerable incentives on the very end. I genuinely hope for the sake of the next year of the game that they won't implement any more items and mechanics similar to what we've gotten as it's very obvious what direction they are trying to push. It leaves salt in my mouth as if I remember, the only reason I considered to come back to Tera at all in recent years was BECAUSE they didn't have the toxic, cash-grabbing, seemingly infinite system that was criticized on other games. Yet since the big fishing patch, it's pretty hard to ignore where they are getting their ideas from( being forced to leave tera up if you want to "afk" fish, and so forth).

    Regardless, it was really nice to hear from you guys and considering how difficult it is already to just adjust to the recent implements, I can only pray that no other feature is coming soon for a long time. From the past I've seen threads that go off topic get randomly deleted and I'm pretty frightened that these posts will also go randomly poof! I beg everyone to try to stay on topic w/o angering the head moderator of these threads.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    Hey guys

    Love the feedback and its been a very informative read so far. I think at the very end of the day, we can all agree that the recent patches that we have gotten are just simply ridiculous as they're designed for you to really spend as much money or time as possible by dangling considerable incentives on the very end. I genuinely hope for the sake of the next year of the game that they won't implement any more items and mechanics similar to what we've gotten as it's very obvious what direction they are trying to push. It leaves salt in my mouth as if I remember, the only reason I considered to come back to Tera at all in recent years was BECAUSE they didn't have the toxic, cash-grabbing, seemingly infinite system that was criticized on other games. Yet since the big fishing patch, it's pretty hard to ignore where they are getting their ideas from( being forced to leave tera up if you want to "afk" fish, and so forth).

    Regardless, it was really nice to hear from you guys and considering how difficult it is already to just adjust to the recent implements, I can only pray that no other feature is coming soon for a long time. From the past I've seen threads that go off topic get randomly deleted and I'm pretty frightened that these posts will also go randomly poof! I beg everyone to try to stay on topic w/o angering the head moderator of these threads.

    Only active moderator, as far as I know, is @counterpoint
    They do not randomly delete posts without reason, like some I rather not mention.
    If they do delete your post, they'll private message a reason for doing so.
  • TeiroTeiro ✭✭
    I watched a video made by a korean player and he said he spent $600.
    But i'm not sure whether he actually finally get the good roll.
    He ended the video by saying, "[filtered] you, bluehole!"

    He said he didnt get anything good in that video.... which is sad.
Sign In or Register to comment.