[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Elite status perk ideas.

What about the 30 monthly traveler insurances? Anyone remember that? Or the gem boxes every month? Surely in the current market, those would not be overpowered. What about the option to choose which flying mount you get (no crit passives) for the month of your elite voucher or status? How about a buff that gives 10% loot bonus to the whole party so long as you are in the party? Let's brainstorm some ideas here. No negativity please.

Comments

• edited May 16
    Monthly gifts don't work well because of varying duration Elite (including promo Elite, etc.). That's basically why all the month-based gifts went away and were replaced with the daily gifts instead. The problem with 30 daily gifts (besides the fact they may specifically need to be modified right now) is that they feel a lot less significant than getting it all at once. You may be able to solve this by having a "daily token" as one of the items and then you can accumulate tokens to trade for the gift you want, but not sure they want another merchant to maintain (when they can't maintain fashion coupons, Reward Emporium, and Dressing Room as it is).

For the "choose your own mount" idea, I don't think there'd be an easy way to implement it since it's tied to the bar. Plus it has the daily/monthly issue from above, so I think it'd be extremely difficult.

For the 10% loot bonus... personally speaking, I don't really like this sort of system because it feels too "pay-to-win" for me. It means that F2P players may get kicked out of a party so that an Elite player can take their place (to increase the loot bonus), and I think that isn't the right kind of incentive structure. Again, just my opinion.

All that being said, I think it's good to have constructive ideas, so I like this thread.
  • SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    A smartbox that gives a random 7-day costume/weapon skin.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    There is some kind of infinite regen coin in existence (the one I saw elsewhere had a five hour duration, IIRC), where dungeon entries effectively don't cost you any adventure coins while it's active.

Having something like that on the elite bar (so it's once a day use, with no build-up of them from just claiming them each day) or as a potential prize from the elite box (risk of build-up and luck not being in your favor) might be a neat perk. That way you can have an intense playing session, where you can really try to max out those increased entries, but it's also limited.

Perhaps some shorter duration version, if that exists. That way you can have fun while it lasts but if you play excessively you'll need more supplies from other sources. The same for alts, sadly, but it's not like they are encouraging those currently.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Straight to the point:

- Double Adventurer Coins.
    - Adventurer coins added to the Daily gift box.
    - Bring back no broker fees.
    - Replace Gold Hunter Booster (has been USELESS for well over 3 years) with either double Vanguard rewards for 1 hour or double gold from vanguards for 1 hour.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monthly gifts don't work well because of varying duration Elite (including promo Elite, etc.). That's basically why all the month-based gifts went away and were replaced with the daily gifts instead. The problem with 30 daily gifts (besides the fact they may specifically need to be modified right now) is that they feel a lot less significant than getting it all at once. You may be able to solve this by having a "daily token" as one of the items and then you can accumulate tokens to trade for the gift you want, but not sure they want another merchant to maintain (when they can't maintain fashion coupons, Reward Emporium, and Dressing Room as it is).

For the "choose your own mount" idea, I don't think there'd be an easy way to implement it since it's tied to the bar. Plus it has the daily/monthly issue from above, so I think it'd be extremely difficult.

For the 10% loot bonus... personally speaking, I don't really like this sort of system because it feels too "pay-to-win" for me. It means that F2P players may get kicked out of a party so that an Elite player can take their place (to increase the loot bonus), and I think that isn't the right kind of incentive structure. Again, just my opinion.

All that being said, I think it's good to have constructive ideas, so I like this thread.

Could have monthly gifts added to the 30-90 days elite.
    Do not believe we're able to purchase 1-7 days elite.
    For example, Closers has Elite and Platinum.
    Perhaps something similar for promotional 1-7 days elite and 30-90 days elite?
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭

Could have monthly gifts added to the 30-90 days elite.
    Do not believe we're able to purchase 1-7 days elite.
    For example, Closers has Elite and Platinum.
    Perhaps something similar for promotional 1-7 days elite and 30-90 days elite?

Closers give you a Platinum status if you acumulate 90 days of elite and it would be something good to get it in here.