Server down Kaiator

Comments

• FallsmyerFallsmyer ✭✭
    All these people talking about EME employees being incompetent, but can't even decide which is the proper there, they're, or their to use in THEIR sentence. you HEAR me!? Lol incompetence is abundance in this thread!
  • RMLPXE63N9 wrote: »
    I reserve judgement because I don't know what is going wrong on their end.. but I do object to the lack of communication on this issue that has been going on for several hours now. An update via forums or tweet would be nice

EME has been very non-communicative about their servers for years.

Console is not where it's at. But yeah, I can see how they think that. Good point @Sinnari about their console servers. Not really sure what to make of EME at this point time and their priorities.

Heck, maybe the PC servers got EMP'd? (am I the only one that thinks that's a nice collision of terms?)
  • All the returning players crashed it
  • DHY9D7PAHY wrote: »
    All the returning players crashed it

Probably. Or they downgraded their servers.

I am the one of returning players tho. :)
  • I would really love to know the specs on their servers....
  • I would really love to know the specs on their servers....

I would like to know also.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19
    Fallsmyer wrote: »
    All these people talking about EME employees being incompetent, but can't even decide which is the proper there, they're, or their to use in THEIR sentence. you HEAR me!? Lol incompetence is abundance in this thread!

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/31607/i-mean
    Since you mention grammar.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    What kind of communication is everyone expecting? It's Saturday night, there might be some on-call grunt at the office trying to fix things, but no one authorized to actually say anything will be there. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone who can speak for EME even knows about this yet.

But I do think this would be a pretty good time for our new product manager to pop in and try to calm people down a little.
  • J4MGK6WTRK wrote: »
    come back after 5 years play an hour and it crashes sad i missed this game

So it is your fault Sir. :/
  • Suggest wrote: »
    DHY9D7PAHY wrote: »
    All the returning players crashed it

Probably. Or they downgraded their servers.

I am the one of returning players tho. :)

welcome back^^
  • TJKat wrote: »
    What kind of communication is everyone expecting? It's Saturday night, there might be some on-call grunt at the office trying to fix things, but no one authorized to actually say anything will be there. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone who can speak for EME even knows about this yet.

But I do think this would be a pretty good time for our new product manager to pop in and try to calm people down a little.

Um... well... as someone that actually works for a living as customer facing 100% of the time...

Given that (us) customers are not all paying customers there would be no authorized EME human (SkyNet) resource to make a statement.

Now, the world I work in: customers have a voice. And a large one. Things don't work? Things break? Things go offline? We fix them, period. And, brace yourselves: even on the free side.... whoa, amazing, right?
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    yes they (or at least they were unless things changed) lease their servers
    yes there are a few trying to resolve the problem , as its been discussed for some time on their discord channel
    and they think it will take a while with no eta , but have said they are trying for sooner

disclaimer:~ dont flame me as im just repeating what ive read on discord after having a go over there that the servers are down
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    *grabs popcorn and waits for the outcries for "compensation"*
  • tisnotme wrote: »
    yes they (or at least they were unless things changed) lease their servers
    yes there are a few trying to resolve the problem , as its been discussed for some time on their discord channel
    and they think it will take a while with no eta , but have said they are trying for sooner

disclaimer:~ dont flame me as im just repeating what ive read on discord after having a go over there that the servers are down

Thank you.

Who the heck do they lease their servers from? I have quite a number of better suggestions....