[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/26 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Exposing the rampant kicking system of battlegrounds in the PvP community

Comments

• ic3dt3aic3dt3a ✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    If said info the OP has is true, then we have ourselves a giant case of griefing and elitism going on in the PvP aspect of the game
    And here i thought PvP in TERA couldnt get more elitist than this.

its gotta be the player council for sure

• LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭
    edited May 21
    Yea, queue an battleground does it's pvp focused content with your own gear, that's says before you queue and everyone thinks you can read right? '~'
    well If you complain for being kicked while using gear like this: UBqqq9L.png

you must have to stop smoking drugs lol

even base pvp gear gets kicked because it's paper, everyone gonna one hit you and that is very annoyed for the others.
    Shore gives enchant mats for pvp stuff for +6 or above, there no sense an +0 pvp guy tries to do shore if his enchant mats are only obtained doing CS that was equal BG, and LESS SENSE for queing with PVE gear LMAO

Well there no conspiracy, just the obvious, it's like trying to do Bahaar with guardian gear xD

Edited with blur on nick names.
  • TLDR : use pvp gear, kill any and everyone you can (except luniack, that guy is one of the best healers in tera), contribute to your team and SH is fine for a nightmare-ish amount of farming plates and forevercrying on the +8 fails when you get so close to +9
  • ErazusErazus ✭✭
    edited May 21
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    From the tally system they have hanging in this 300 member strong group, I can tell that some points can be as high as 180 points for each week. That means some players have KICKED MORE THAN 180 PEOPLE for this server. This clearly means that undergeared, PvE people aren't the only ones being kicked randomly, but anyone who isn't with most of the people who make up the currently ShoreHold will likely be abused by their system.

First of all, there are less than 300 PvPers in the entirety of NA TERA.

You said "[...] undergeared, PvE people aren't the only ones being kicked randomly [...]" so you must be referring to Shorehold right? Did you actually ever try to queue it? Because you clearly did not. Aside from the celebration event weeks (this week and 3 weeks ago), Shorehold popped LESS THAN 10 TIMES IN A MONTH. HOW THE !#&% CAN YOU MANAGE TO KICK 180 PLAYERS????
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    They use third party programs to manipulate the queues and somehow group all the veterans with each other and the result is that they will often face inexperienced individuals to easily dominate the game.

The reason why you think that veterans "manipulate" the queues with a "third-party program" is because there is no matchmaking system where they balance the rating to be equal or shuffle the players around at random. It fills up a team and once that team is filled, it starts filling the other team and it fills based on the time you started queuing (if you queue early, you will basically get with people that queued early), same principle as first come first serve. The reason why veterans will be together a lot of the times is because they will generally tend to queue as soon as possible when a game ends, they queue in North Dock for faster loading screen, they leave the match as soon as possible and queue as soon as possible. That's why they get together, not because of a "third-party program".

This will be solved in the future with a patch: https://seraphinush-gaming.tumblr.com/post/183442272448/ktera-patch-20190314

TL;DR: You talk about things that you have no knowledge on. You just spread misinformation.

[mod edit: this post was edited to remove insults, name-calling, and personal attacks]
  • edited May 21
    ic3dt3a wrote: »
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    If said info the OP has is true, then we have ourselves a giant case of griefing and elitism going on in the PvP aspect of the game
    And here i thought PvP in TERA couldnt get more elitist than this.

its gotta be the player council for sure

The only conspiracy theory that runs deeper than the OP.
  • "even base pvp gear gets kicked because it's paper, everyone gonna one hit you and that is very annoyed for the others.
    Shore gives enchant mats for pvp stuff for +6 or above, there no sense an +0 pvp guy tries to do shore if his enchant mats are only obtained doing CS that was equal BG, and LESS SENSE for queing with PVE gear LMAO"

Well at least this explains it
    39HATFDXLY wrote: »
    TLDR : use pvp gear, kill any and everyone you can (except luniack, that guy is one of the best healers in tera), contribute to your team and SH is fine for a nightmare-ish amount of farming plates and forevercrying on the +8 fails when you get so close to +9

When the lack of argument makes the person tell lies without any support, how much lack of coherence.
  • EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    Luniack wrote: »
    Yea, queue an battleground does it's pvp focused content with your own gear, that's says before you queue and everyone thinks you can read right? '~'
    well If you complain for being kicked while using gear like this: UBqqq9L.png

you must have to stop smoking drugs lol

even base pvp gear gets kicked because it's paper, everyone gonna one hit you and that is very annoyed for the others.
    Shore gives enchant mats for pvp stuff for +6 or above, there no sense an +0 pvp guy tries to do shore if his enchant mats are only obtained doing CS that was equal BG, and LESS SENSE for queing with PVE gear LMAO

Well there no conspiracy, just the obvious, it's like trying to do Bahaar with guardian gear xD

Edited with blur on nick names.

No, people in PvP +6 gear are getting kicked too. I am practically tired of start a match 6v7 or 5v7 because people on my team kicking others even with PvP gear +6 and trowing the game since the start and to make it even more agraviating those same people kicking if they are not winning they stop trying and goes afk on base flaming others. That is the issue here.
    EJECWCWG55 wrote: »

No, people in PvP +6 gear are getting kicked too. I am practically tired of start a match 6v7 or 5v7 because people on my team kicking others even with PvP gear +6 and trowing the game since the start and to make it even more agraviating those same people kicking if they are not winning they stop trying and goes afk on base flaming others. That is the issue here.

Make a sure you're not being carried for doing nothing or for being bad at pvp also LOL
    or if you flames everyone for losing match, they can try to kick you next, that's normal thing even in CS, EVEN IN PVE because, if you dont understand mechanics .. well ... xD
  • Fun Fact : I wiped 8 times in lilith keep HM today due to the wipe mech

Spoilers : The healer learnt how to do LKHM properly and we had lots of fun
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    It's simple. Since kicking is being exploited, just no longer offer matching and make people form their own teams. That way, the people that don't know what to do won't even bother. And, the elite pvpers can make their own groups without kicking strangers and enemy guild players. If your nasty little clique isn't big enough, too bad. You just won't be able to play SH that day. SH probably won't pop, because most of the elites with their noses in the air can't make that many friends to play with, but that's life. Make players inspect their teammates before the game starts and form parties rather than kick players after the ques have popped.
  • Erazus wrote: »
    What the ... I have been PvPing since forever, I know all the people that are on all the PvP leaderboards, basically anything about Tera PvP because it is so small. I have never heard, ever, of a discord (or third-party like you said) that has 300 PEOPLE PARTICIPATING in it. That is like the entirety of the current playerbase playing PvP times 2!

There is a pvp discord server and no....it's nothing like what this cry baby is claiming. lol They black list people for cheating in battlegrounds with videos and evidence of them doing so this person sounds like a cry baby who was kicked for not having proper gear.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently some of you weren't around for neither the Vanarch system nor the Crusades, where guilds were actively conspiring with each other (and becoming increasingly blatant about it with each season) to exploit the rewards therein.

Want a PvE example? The original iteration of Kyra's Potion Shop, where people would kick others before the last boss fight to increase the chances of getting a rainbow shard (since it only went to one person in the party at the time). Now, whether or not anyone made a competition out of that, I couldn't tell you.

This TOTALLY sounds like something some of the more unscrupulous members of the community would pull.
  • SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    edited May 21
    I can believe it.

• Back in the days before vote kicking was a thing, we had plenty of party leaders that kicked all party members once a boss was at low health to keep rewards to themselves.
    • Back in the days of vanarchy, guilds would mass vote themselves using alts to keep their vanarch status.
    • During the noctenium wars, people quite literally cheated - feeding themselves kills, sabotaging others, or literally using game exploits - in order to get exarch status and the gold rewards that came with it.
    • In the earlier days of PvP, we had guilds mass kicking people until their friends/guildies joined the match, since public queue was faster than 15v15.
    • Skyring had all sorts of shenanigans, including people using forfeit alts to exploit ranks and kicking anyone below an artificially high rank.
    • I still remember the +12 VM-equivalent requirements on low-level dungeons, or the mass-kicking and restricting of certain classes that were perceived to be lower on the DPS scale (ABHM zerkers only 1 war).
    • Back when Kumas (the 10 normal players vs. 3 kumas thingy) was popular, and when BHS implemented draw-when-enough-people-left, you had kumas that would kick people and force a draw if they were on the cusp of losing. On an unranked "PvP" instance where losing and drawing had no difference, players would kick to force a draw just to deny the other side rewards out of spite.

I'm sure there's half a million things from the older days of TERA that i don't even remember anymore.

I don't see why it's anything of a surprise that people might still be doing it now. Once greed sets in, players are liable to become literal sociopaths.
    39HATFDXLY wrote: »
    Fun Fact : I wiped 8 times in lilith keep HM today due to the wipe mech

Spoilers : The healer learnt how to do LKHM properly and we had lots of fun

patience is a virtue '~'
This discussion has been closed.