[TERA PC] Kaia’s War—the latest content update for TERA PC—is now live! This patch brings a host of improvements to PvP, including increased rewards for battleground victories and Civil Unrest: Velika. Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v92_notes

The math behind Partner passives?

I am trying to figure out how some passives work because for example i have Dual Boost III ( 7.5% for skill xp and character xp ) on a Rare Partner while i also have Rapid Advancement III ( 15% skill xp ) on a partner that is Uncommon.. And the problem is that i have never seen these passives to ever activate ever since i got these partners and i did anything that that i could think of to try to activate these passives..

Does anyone know if there is some sort of math behind these passives and if it is possible to even make them work?

Comments

• EJECWCWG55EJECWCWG55 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I am trying to figure out how some passives work because for example i have Dual Boost III ( 7.5% for skill xp and character xp ) on a Rare Partner while i also have Rapid Advancement III ( 15% skill xp ) on a partner that is Uncommon.. And the problem is that i have never seen these passives to ever activate ever since i got these partners and i did anything that that i could think of to try to activate these passives..

Does anyone know if there is some sort of math behind these passives and if it is possible to even make them work?

Some of the companion skills activate under certain conditions, like gathering (rng), crafting (rng), feeding the companion (rng).
  • I have a crafting Passive, and it's constantly giving me the passive. Anytime I craft there she goes casting it, on my priest i have the XP passive, and it's never gone off once so It's very much rng and random. ( It does say giving them a gift MAY cause them to cast)
  • GunnerKaeGunnerKae (YouTube.com/tolate24) Kaelyni ✭✭
    The skill should trigger when you summon the partner, then randomly after that based on the amount of stamina the partner has. So keep their stamina up. Also as stated above...some trigger under certain conditions.
  • I find that the crafting passive is pretty easy to trigger. I just need to craft about 15 creams before any serious crafting and the buff procs.
  • fromsector7fromsector7 ✭✭✭
    Rapid Advancement and dual boost , you have to give the pet a gift for activate buff . (RNG)
  • KrystalineKrystaline ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I have a HoT passive on my Uncommon Marie and I've purposely let myself get close to death to test it. I have yet to see her hit me with heals. I should have seen 30k hp per second for 5 seconds... I got nuffin'.
  • > @Krystaline said:
    > I have a HoT passive on my Uncommon Marie and I've purposely let myself get close to death to test it. I have yet to see her hit me with heals. I should have seen 30k hp per second for 5 seconds... I got nuffin'.

The HoT passive (has a chance to) trigger on taking damage. It's most common when you take lots of instances of smaller damage, though the proc rate isn't high regardless.
  • SunbeamMagicSunbeamMagic United States

I recently got a uncommon with the 30K boost HP and I'm not sure what triggers her but I take her in dungeons and every once in a while she will say "Here, let me help you!" and viola, 30K HP instantly :))