[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Bg ques

Can we make it so skyring is actually available at a normal time? Since merge its just gone on cooldown at 2pm gmt and comes back at 2am? Also can we bring back teams for 3v3? Don't really like the coin flip style of "this guy might have the wrong crystals" for a free insta loss
«1

Comments

  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    MrNathy695 wrote: »
    Can we make it so skyring is actually available at a normal time? Since merge its just gone on cooldown at 2pm gmt and comes back at 2am? Also can we bring back teams for 3v3? Don't really like the coin flip style of "this guy might have the wrong crystals" for a free insta loss

    We've talked with EME about the opening and closing times for battlegrounds. Iirc, if the times are changed too much it causes something sort of like a "freak out" with the server. It also seems like the odds are in favor of team 3s coming back, but we'll see in time.
  • > @Exipheus said:
    > MrNathy695 wrote: »
    >
    > Can we make it so skyring is actually available at a normal time? Since merge its just gone on cooldown at 2pm gmt and comes back at 2am? Also can we bring back teams for 3v3? Don't really like the coin flip style of "this guy might have the wrong crystals" for a free insta loss
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > We've talked with EME about the opening and closing times for battlegrounds. Iirc, if the times are changed too much it causes something sort of like a "freak out" with the server. It also seems like the odds are in favor of team 3s coming back, but we'll see in time.

    Well before merge 3s opened at 7pm now its opening at 2am? Pretty sure that needs to be fixed cause we cant actually get any bg going with how stupid the open/close times are
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    MrNathy695 wrote: »
    > @Exipheus said:
    > MrNathy695 wrote: »
    >
    > Can we make it so skyring is actually available at a normal time? Since merge its just gone on cooldown at 2pm gmt and comes back at 2am? Also can we bring back teams for 3v3? Don't really like the coin flip style of "this guy might have the wrong crystals" for a free insta loss
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > We've talked with EME about the opening and closing times for battlegrounds. Iirc, if the times are changed too much it causes something sort of like a "freak out" with the server. It also seems like the odds are in favor of team 3s coming back, but we'll see in time.

    Well before merge 3s opened at 7pm now its opening at 2am? Pretty sure that needs to be fixed cause we cant actually get any bg going with how stupid the open/close times are

    I know Rinky has mentioned it to them, but I'll bring it up and see if anything can be done. I'm hoping they'll remove the timers entirely.
  • > @Exipheus said:
    > MrNathy695 wrote: »
    >
    > > @Exipheus said:
    > > MrNathy695 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Can we make it so skyring is actually available at a normal time? Since merge its just gone on cooldown at 2pm gmt and comes back at 2am? Also can we bring back teams for 3v3? Don't really like the coin flip style of "this guy might have the wrong crystals" for a free insta loss
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > We've talked with EME about the opening and closing times for battlegrounds. Iirc, if the times are changed too much it causes something sort of like a "freak out" with the server. It also seems like the odds are in favor of team 3s coming back, but we'll see in time.
    >
    > Well before merge 3s opened at 7pm now its opening at 2am? Pretty sure that needs to be fixed cause we cant actually get any bg going with how stupid the open/close times are
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I know Rinky has mentioned it to them, but I'll bring it up and see if anything can be done. I'm hoping they'll remove the timers entirely.

    Removing timers would be good. But the issue isn't timers you need 3-4 healers on each team for the 15man ques. You need idk how many for kumas. And you have no incentive to do 3s unless you like PvP. 8k bg creds for 3s is junk. It says you can get diamonds/other stuff from skyring yet ive done 100+ games no actual loot besides 8k credits
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    MrNathy695 wrote: »
    > @Exipheus said:
    > MrNathy695 wrote: »
    >
    > > @Exipheus said:
    > > MrNathy695 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Can we make it so skyring is actually available at a normal time? Since merge its just gone on cooldown at 2pm gmt and comes back at 2am? Also can we bring back teams for 3v3? Don't really like the coin flip style of "this guy might have the wrong crystals" for a free insta loss
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > We've talked with EME about the opening and closing times for battlegrounds. Iirc, if the times are changed too much it causes something sort of like a "freak out" with the server. It also seems like the odds are in favor of team 3s coming back, but we'll see in time.
    >
    > Well before merge 3s opened at 7pm now its opening at 2am? Pretty sure that needs to be fixed cause we cant actually get any bg going with how stupid the open/close times are
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I know Rinky has mentioned it to them, but I'll bring it up and see if anything can be done. I'm hoping they'll remove the timers entirely.

    Removing timers would be good. But the issue isn't timers you need 3-4 healers on each team for the 15man ques. You need idk how many for kumas. And you have no incentive to do 3s unless you like PvP. 8k bg creds for 3s is junk. It says you can get diamonds/other stuff from skyring yet ive done 100+ games no actual loot besides 8k credits

    We're currently working on ways to improve the BGs queues while also keeping the rewards in line with BHS' progression model. None of us want PVP to go, I can assure you of that.
  • > @Exipheus said:
    > MrNathy695 wrote: »
    >
    > > @Exipheus said:
    > > MrNathy695 wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @Exipheus said:
    > > > MrNathy695 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Can we make it so skyring is actually available at a normal time? Since merge its just gone on cooldown at 2pm gmt and comes back at 2am? Also can we bring back teams for 3v3? Don't really like the coin flip style of "this guy might have the wrong crystals" for a free insta loss
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > We've talked with EME about the opening and closing times for battlegrounds. Iirc, if the times are changed too much it causes something sort of like a "freak out" with the server. It also seems like the odds are in favor of team 3s coming back, but we'll see in time.
    > >
    > > Well before merge 3s opened at 7pm now its opening at 2am? Pretty sure that needs to be fixed cause we cant actually get any bg going with how stupid the open/close times are
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I know Rinky has mentioned it to them, but I'll bring it up and see if anything can be done. I'm hoping they'll remove the timers entirely.
    >
    > Removing timers would be good. But the issue isn't timers you need 3-4 healers on each team for the 15man ques. You need idk how many for kumas. And you have no incentive to do 3s unless you like PvP. 8k bg creds for 3s is junk. It says you can get diamonds/other stuff from skyring yet ive done 100+ games no actual loot besides 8k credits
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > We're currently working on ways to improve the BGs queues while also keeping the rewards in line with BHS' progression model. None of us want PVP to go, I can assure you of that.

    So why not grab actual PvP player's and ask us for what we want? The issue with balancing bg with progression is youll have pve players do it cause "bg is faster farming itd unfair" yet they get dungeon events and so on. Personally i think Bg should have actual progression atm, you do 1 3v3 and get 8k credits not even enough for 1 useful sc mat yet go do s 15 min dungeon get gems/mats/talents. Maybe offer smart dyads/gems/etching boxes

    Back on pc rank 1,had a PvP buff/title and the visual effect potion that showed youre rank 1/a top tier PvP player. They also had team 3s and bring your own gear. We get none of that the potion alone would be op
  • Can the credit shop be updated to include elemental essence and other high end upgrade mats? Currently PvP players have no way except rkhm/em and rmhm in order to obtain mats to get up to HO. Kinda complete BS for PvP focused players to be forced to pve in order to get top tier gear. Or add a new top tier PvP gear set that can only be obtained/upgraded through pvp. At the moment the rewards for PvP are useless. It's 10x faster to run legit any 439 dungeon and get more mats than you get for running 5 BGs.
  • I would rather we got pvp stuff, gives us actual incentive to que bgs/get rank 1. Atm we get 8k a win in 3v3 and that's it, It's near impossible to get fwc/cs popping as the reward is so not worth it you might as well grind lk/tr 4x in the time 2 matches take. You cannot balance pvp around "progression" due to the fact bg's will be quicker than dungeons usually. You should instead focus on giving rewards for rank 1/the people who try to make pvp work. cause atm you're just saying "[filtered] pvp" ever since december when jackpot ended you've done everything to crucify pvp and the pvp aspect of tera.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    @MrNathy695 So if I'm understanding correctly, you want PVP to give PVP gear and items you can't get in PVE so that players do both to get things they need such as etchings and smart dyads? It does seem a little contradictory to force PVP players to do PVE to get gear to PVP in. The progression system would be safe if PVP awarded PVP gear just like PVE awards PVE gear. Maybe something similar to what PC has now with CS being the gateway to unequalized BGs like Shorehold?
    GetShafted wrote: »
    Can the credit shop be updated to include elemental essence and other high end upgrade mats? Currently PvP players have no way except rkhm/em and rmhm in order to obtain mats to get up to HO. Kinda complete BS for PvP focused players to be forced to pve in order to get top tier gear. Or add a new top tier PvP gear set that can only be obtained/upgraded through pvp. At the moment the rewards for PvP are useless. It's 10x faster to run legit any 439 dungeon and get more mats than you get for running 5 BGs.

    I can put this request in. I'll see what I can do!
  • MrNathy695MrNathy695 ✭✭
    edited May 29
    Exipheus wrote: »
    @MrNathy695 So if I'm understanding correctly, you want PVP to give PVP gear and items you can't get in PVE so that players do both to get things they need such as etchings and smart dyads? It does seem a little contradictory to force PVP players to do PVE to get gear to PVP in. The progression system would be safe if PVP awarded PVP gear just like PVE awards PVE gear. Maybe something similar to what PC has now with CS being the gateway to unequalized BGs like Shorehold?
    GetShafted wrote: »
    Can the credit shop be updated to include elemental essence and other high end upgrade mats? Currently PvP players have no way except rkhm/em and rmhm in order to obtain mats to get up to HO. Kinda complete BS for PvP focused players to be forced to pve in order to get top tier gear. Or add a new top tier PvP gear set that can only be obtained/upgraded through pvp. At the moment the rewards for PvP are useless. It's 10x faster to run legit any 439 dungeon and get more mats than you get for running 5 BGs.

    I can put this request in. I'll see what I can do!

    What I want is the new pc gear type thing something you HAVE to pvp for, whats the point in making pvp giving general mats if you can't use the gear in bg/open world (lul). OR the potion that pc use to have or something like this https://imgur.com/YBlcaPq that rewards you for getting rank 1 with a cosmetic potion that gives you a cool shrouded look. It's also we use to have a reason to pvp jackpot made bgs happen often, now days people laugh at the jackpot of extra 2k credits which gets you a big fat nothing. vs before you could get dyads/mats to help you. I want pvp to have a reason behind it, we have no pvp gear, we have crappy bg rewards and impossible ques cause needing 4+ healers for 30v30/20v20 or 2 for 3v3 which you have to beg people to play as it's buggy, mystics thrall of wrath dealing stupid amounts of damage (163k)

    Also if you actually look back when we had vm 10-12 there was still pvp gear now pvp actually has nothing, ques are dead even at peak times and return of kumas, with the addition of resizers was active, now dead can barely get 3s going for longer than a hour. No gvg or open world besides duels which offer you nothing but bragging rights. The pvp in tera is being killed at a stupidly fast rate and nobody seems to be offering solutions because "it should be linear with pve" maybe treat pvp as a seperate thing? Make rank 1-3 a title (Shouldnt be hard) and make it based around the entire season. not just one week. Make skyring the main focus with premade ques, better rewards. make pvp specific gear like pc has atm for shorehold or just get us shorehold/something. But the rewards need a heavy buff imo. you can get the any of these for 1 win which is between 2-5min.
    28 metal fragments, 9 refined elixir, 3 artisan tools, 4 hypnotic devices, 14 liquid metal, 4 archdevan oil 6 polished arunic ore, 7 archdevan catalyst, 7 wood scrap, 2 scavenged supplies, 1 otherworldy shard 8 carved ornaments or 20 archdevan formula, You get like 8.5k a bellacrium a win and 0 killing spree, you can't even buy most of the Stormcry materials per win yet you run 439+ dungeons and get so much more + gems and talents. so say i needed pansophic ash it's 32k per win i'd need 4 wins for 1 ash, vs getting friends to run rkem/hm and getting more for my time. no que times no punishment for losing (2k points per loss) and i'd still get other items i'd need. the progression from pvp does not even line up to the amount of effort required to get it going atm hence it's dead.

    edit 2: I want you to give people a reason to pvp. atm we have so much to do for pve, item exp, gems, loot, designs, sc/fm/twist boxes, stuff from harrowhold, stuff from bams, stuff to upgrade your gear, pvp has: no ques, no real loot AS i listed above. and our only "unique" thing is a store we can't earn credits for, that drops items from a previous patch (designs for landsheart and bluebred designs 80k each and Niveots for 20k each, ladys handkerchiefs 128k resize kits for manor, estate, bluebred landsheart, 80k each, circlet fragments, 5.6k insanity badges 8k and flataurum nodes 6.4k) so you can't make the bluebred/landsheart cause you can no longer obtain victory badges, so thats useless, theres no way to buy conflate designs so the nodes become usleess. So our "store" that we can't access is useless? SO there is a 100% reason to avoid pvp atm,

    Yet you're saying you don't want to kill pvp or force people to do it? Back when you offered jackpot of dyads/feedstock/alkas/materials, I could ACTUALLY get into fraywind/grid/corsair now days I have to plan 3 days ahead with guild members to activate 3v3. like if you cut down pve rewards to as [filtered] as pvp has them you'd lose all player base. yet you give them fair rewards and we get shafted? you cut down our time we're able to do pvp, after shafting our rewards, you then tell us you want it inline with "progression for pve?" sorry but we've never been in line, dungeons are ALWAYS faster to gear yourself unless it was a double jackpot weekend where you'd get 100 t12 for 1 win. but yeah tbh I've lost faith in being able to save pvp, if you can't realise how you've done nothing but butcher anything related to player vs player every month of 2019, we lost rewards, we lost killing spree credits, we lost access to vm9 which WAS pvp gear, we didn't get any pvp related gear with the gear revamp instead we got shafted 24/7 and told to wait and "we're trying" i've actually seen you push 0 updates for pvp besides changing the time back to 7pm on 3v3 after you randomly changed it to 2am when NOBODY is on to pvp
  • Kenpachi389Kenpachi389 ✭✭
    edited May 30
    Close off all BG queues except one on a Xday cycle. (Atm you may as well just close them all off other than 3v3 at the current state EU PS4)

    In game system announcements for increased rewards. (Decent rewards or at least equal to what pve offers)

    Have a visible ladder of top 200 rankings as an example (bragging rights and competitiveness)


    From what I've noticed is that when real good BG rewards are available, FWC/CS will pop up, but the majority of players there are there mostly for the rewards and show little interest in pvp. Try work on that by encouraging some events like seasons were you get certain rewards for placement and placements visible.

    There's alot of methods available yet how it has managed to get to this stage astounds me and does give me little hope for the future of the game in a PvP sense.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    MrNathy695 wrote: »
    Exipheus wrote: »
    @MrNathy695 So if I'm understanding correctly, you want PVP to give PVP gear and items you can't get in PVE so that players do both to get things they need such as etchings and smart dyads? It does seem a little contradictory to force PVP players to do PVE to get gear to PVP in. The progression system would be safe if PVP awarded PVP gear just like PVE awards PVE gear. Maybe something similar to what PC has now with CS being the gateway to unequalized BGs like Shorehold?
    GetShafted wrote: »
    Can the credit shop be updated to include elemental essence and other high end upgrade mats? Currently PvP players have no way except rkhm/em and rmhm in order to obtain mats to get up to HO. Kinda complete BS for PvP focused players to be forced to pve in order to get top tier gear. Or add a new top tier PvP gear set that can only be obtained/upgraded through pvp. At the moment the rewards for PvP are useless. It's 10x faster to run legit any 439 dungeon and get more mats than you get for running 5 BGs.

    I can put this request in. I'll see what I can do!

    What I want is the new pc gear type thing something you HAVE to pvp for, whats the point in making pvp giving general mats if you can't use the gear in bg/open world (lul). OR the potion that pc use to have or something like this https://imgur.com/YBlcaPq that rewards you for getting rank 1 with a cosmetic potion that gives you a cool shrouded look. It's also we use to have a reason to pvp jackpot made bgs happen often, now days people laugh at the jackpot of extra 2k credits which gets you a big fat nothing. vs before you could get dyads/mats to help you. I want pvp to have a reason behind it, we have no pvp gear, we have crappy bg rewards and impossible ques cause needing 4+ healers for 30v30/20v20 or 2 for 3v3 which you have to beg people to play as it's buggy, mystics thrall of wrath dealing stupid amounts of damage (163k)

    Also if you actually look back when we had vm 10-12 there was still pvp gear now pvp actually has nothing, ques are dead even at peak times and return of kumas, with the addition of resizers was active, now dead can barely get 3s going for longer than a hour. No gvg or open world besides duels which offer you nothing but bragging rights. The pvp in tera is being killed at a stupidly fast rate and nobody seems to be offering solutions because "it should be linear with pve" maybe treat pvp as a seperate thing? Make rank 1-3 a title (Shouldnt be hard) and make it based around the entire season. not just one week. Make skyring the main focus with premade ques, better rewards. make pvp specific gear like pc has atm for shorehold or just get us shorehold/something. But the rewards need a heavy buff imo. you can get the any of these for 1 win which is between 2-5min.
    28 metal fragments, 9 refined elixir, 3 artisan tools, 4 hypnotic devices, 14 liquid metal, 4 archdevan oil 6 polished arunic ore, 7 archdevan catalyst, 7 wood scrap, 2 scavenged supplies, 1 otherworldy shard 8 carved ornaments or 20 archdevan formula, You get like 8.5k a bellacrium a win and 0 killing spree, you can't even buy most of the Stormcry materials per win yet you run 439+ dungeons and get so much more + gems and talents. so say i needed pansophic ash it's 32k per win i'd need 4 wins for 1 ash, vs getting friends to run rkem/hm and getting more for my time. no que times no punishment for losing (2k points per loss) and i'd still get other items i'd need. the progression from pvp does not even line up to the amount of effort required to get it going atm hence it's dead.

    edit 2: I want you to give people a reason to pvp. atm we have so much to do for pve, item exp, gems, loot, designs, sc/fm/twist boxes, stuff from harrowhold, stuff from bams, stuff to upgrade your gear, pvp has: no ques, no real loot AS i listed above. and our only "unique" thing is a store we can't earn credits for, that drops items from a previous patch (designs for landsheart and bluebred designs 80k each and Niveots for 20k each, ladys handkerchiefs 128k resize kits for manor, estate, bluebred landsheart, 80k each, circlet fragments, 5.6k insanity badges 8k and flataurum nodes 6.4k) so you can't make the bluebred/landsheart cause you can no longer obtain victory badges, so thats useless, theres no way to buy conflate designs so the nodes become usleess. So our "store" that we can't access is useless? SO there is a 100% reason to avoid pvp atm,

    Yet you're saying you don't want to kill pvp or force people to do it? Back when you offered jackpot of dyads/feedstock/alkas/materials, I could ACTUALLY get into fraywind/grid/corsair now days I have to plan 3 days ahead with guild members to activate 3v3. like if you cut down pve rewards to as [filtered] as pvp has them you'd lose all player base. yet you give them fair rewards and we get shafted? you cut down our time we're able to do pvp, after shafting our rewards, you then tell us you want it inline with "progression for pve?" sorry but we've never been in line, dungeons are ALWAYS faster to gear yourself unless it was a double jackpot weekend where you'd get 100 t12 for 1 win. but yeah tbh I've lost faith in being able to save pvp, if you can't realise how you've done nothing but butcher anything related to player vs player every month of 2019, we lost rewards, we lost killing spree credits, we lost access to vm9 which WAS pvp gear, we didn't get any pvp related gear with the gear revamp instead we got shafted 24/7 and told to wait and "we're trying" i've actually seen you push 0 updates for pvp besides changing the time back to 7pm on 3v3 after you randomly changed it to 2am when NOBODY is on to pvp

    So it sounds like having PVP gear that can only be obtained through PVP, perhaps more credits awarded through matches, and players needed for BGs to be cut in half would be a good solution? The problem with giving materials for PVE gear in PVP is that players will always be drawn to whichever is the most rewarding. I feel that having PVP specific gear will fix this so that players who enjoy PVP can PVP for their gear rather than having to rely on PVE. It also appears that the BG credits shop needs to be updated as well.

    Jackpots were added by EME without BHS approval. Once BHS found out, they were removed because it did not fall in line with BHS' progression model. We've (the Player Council) have been working with EME to provide ways help PVP on console. I will be bringing these suggestions forward to them as well and see if further progress can be made.
    Close off all BG queues except one on a Xday cycle. (Atm you may as well just close them all off other than 3v3 at the current state EU PS4)

    In game system announcements for increased rewards. (Decent rewards or at least equal to what pve offers)

    Have a visible ladder of top 200 rankings as an example (bragging rights and competitiveness)


    From what I've noticed is that when real good BG rewards are available, FWC/CS will pop up, but the majority of players there are there mostly for the rewards and show little interest in pvp. Try work on that by encouraging some events like seasons were you get certain rewards for placement and placements visible.

    There's alot of methods available yet how it has managed to get to this stage astounds me and does give me little hope for the future of the game in a PvP sense.

    The current PVP setup is to encourage alternating highlight events with PVP and PVE.
    I can get an ingame announcement when BG highlights are active.
    A leaderboard has been requested, but I'm unsure of the progress of it.
    The problem with that is players did PVP for the rewards. The intent is to get players to do PVP because they want to do PVP.
  • Kenpachi389Kenpachi389 ✭✭
    edited May 30
    It's very good saying that you're trying to encourage players to PvP with alternating pve and PvP events? Realistically you can call whatever a BG weekend with increased rewards, the rewards are not equal to pve and PvE already has players there is no way PvP players even care about the increased rewards because they are still negligible.

    I gave you plenty of examples from previous post on how to encourage community to PvP.

    Without at least equal too PvE rewards id say majority of players will just ignore your PvP weekends, I don't know what they tell you to justify destroying BG and PvP the way they have but regardless it's quite obvious the methods they have attempted do not work in encouraging PvP players.

    Yeah you may be currently working on encouraging players to enter PvP without rewards? Even pvpers who enjoy PvP just for fun, won't enter if the rewards are the way they are now, because it gimps their character progression.

    You should be communicating this to them and call them out on it, if you care about the health of this game in the long run.

    How many people enter the game enjoying it, start to ask global chat which bgs to queue or when they pop only to have the player community respond telling them it's dead and rip Tera PvP, wonder how long they will stick around for.

    Ive always played competitively and it was nice when BG queues were popping when jackpots were available, I've met a group of 7 players who moved over from another game together, after bgs were gutted they didn't come back.

    The amount of amazingly skilled players who have left the game because lack of PvP is actually sad.

    You have the opportunity now to take on what the community say not to just defend old methods which DO NOT work.

    Jesus you should probably at least have a solid player foundation in the game mode before you started to gut and adjust the rewards, this is so badly handled it's actually joke and the PvP players paid the price and either ended up in dungeons or after a few days of afk queuing probably ended up on another game entirely.

    I mean you have loading screen with a bunch of useless outdated information add some info there about PvP crystals and glyphs give the casuals some sort of information too and what they should be doing inside PvP. If a casual goes in thinking he's going to get some kills in his pve Crux equipment he will run into some problems spend most of game respawning, they will probably not enter the game mode often will they.
  • MrNathy695MrNathy695 ✭✭
    edited May 30
    Exipheus The issue is you won't get people to pvp for the sake of it, I can duel all day/go gvg/bgs but it gives me nothing, classes aren't balanced, In 3v3 valk gets the best value from "equalised gear" because of their crit rate to max crit cap. vs say an archer who needs 200 crit to max out, or a brawler who relies on high attack speed to juggle and so on, so nobody wants to do it. We had bg ques pop when it offered decent pve progression now you run bgs to get less rewards, 90% que time and only one of the 4 ques works and barely.

    You merged pvp and pve servers and pve players have no interest in pvp. So you're appealing to the 10 or so pvp players who are mainly damage dealers who can spend a whole 12 hours pvping to get 10% of what 4 hours of dungeons gives. AS bad as it is, you have to appeal to the pve players because they make up the 95% of tera console atleast for ps4. It's like this, on pvp server when we had GVG people sat in velika to "avoid being spawn killed/grouped up on" then the bigger guilds controlled open world would kill you at a dungeon/bam/anywhere they could, most didn't enjoy it besides those who wanted pvp but at the same time it offered you literally nothing but bragging rights. PVP is dead because this entire year enmasse has spent it's time killing pvp and rewarding pve, new dungeons, new gear, new bams, new loot at rally, while pvp got heavily gutted and killed so those who want to pvp have no choice but to be forced into pve or quitting.

    Personally I would love weekends to be a pvp event weekly that enticed pve players to que to change it up from log in do all dungeons reset do dungeons go bam/sit afk. But to do that you have to offer them something they need/want/would see as worth their time and as they would want progression on gear it's impossible. They won't care to get 24k credits which buys them one item for up to 30 min in corsair (if you win) cause you can run a 439 dungeon get like 100 talents, and mats + gems. It sucks to say it but you have to entice the pve players because you've spent 6+ months destroying every aspect of pvp tera had and made your pvp player base quit minus the 20 or so people who are still around.

    Another thing you need to understand, Nobody will spend time in bgs when it offers literally less loot than you can get from a 412 dungeon for 4x the amount of work/time. I'm a 449 Stormcry player I don't need to beable to buy low end mats for a win. This is the math for me to level +1 on my sc weapon from 1-2 from 3v3. I get 8.5k credits a win I think. I need 6 copper claps at 11,161 which is 66,966, then I need 14 artisan tools which is 2977 per one, for 41,678 so for 1 chance at 30% (max xp) i need 108,644 credits for a single attempt. which is 13 wins. which is about 7 mins a win so a hour and a half of pure 3v3. vs i can run most dungeons at 10-30 mins a dungeon for 431s+ and easily get the materials for 2+ attempts. for the same amount of effort plus i'd get the gems, talents and gold. this is why bg isn't viable/happening atm. The effort put into it vs reward you get. VS back in November-december I could log in at anytime from 12pm-12am and get ANY bg que depending on the jackpot/day. Because it gave a decent and fair reward vs the time spent
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    edited May 31
    I did not defend anything, I simply stated why and what the reasoning was for those. I agree that it does not seem to be working. My solution to having PVP specific gear is for this:
    1. PVE gear is earned and enchanted by doing PVE activities. The reason PVP players are forced to PVE is because there is no PVP gear. So they must farm for PVE gear and reroll it for PVP.
    2. If there was PVP gear, PVP players would not be forced to PVE to get gear because it would be available only through PVP. If they wished to do PVE, they would be earning PVE gear and thus it would be their choice of what they're farming for. (Queues not taken into account)
    3. PVP queues require too many players for console's population. Queues should be cut in half to aid with this.
    4. Any PVE players who are interested in doing PVP, would do so if they wished to have a PVP set of gear similar to PVP players if they wished to have a PVE set of gear. This would require players to do the type of content for the type of gear they want to obtain.

    Due to the overwhelming majority of PVE players, the above mentioned would have issues. I propose the following as well:
    1. Return the old credit award system we had before jackpots were removed. (5k Bellicarium and 1k Killing Spree. Double with Elite)
    2. Update the BG credits shop to provide materials to enchant PVP specific gear. Possibly include Dyad structures (smart?) as well.
    3. Add weapon skins (Mounts and costumes too? Tradable as well?) unique to the BG credit shop with Bellicarium or Killing Spree credits being the only way to obtain these.
    4. Award a chest to each member of the winning team that rewards gems. (5 rubies, 5 sapphires, 2 emeralds, or 1 diamond?)
    5. Award a cosmetic item or mount to the top 3 players of each season. This item or mount could only be obtained through topping the PVP leaderboards.

    I will also be sharing this with my fellow council members as well. I would like your feedback on this too and any additional ideas or changes you'd like. I will present this to EME and push to see if something can be done.
Sign In or Register to comment.