Disable Kicking in Battlegrounds!!

2»

Comments

  • ManamiCManamiC ✭✭
    I think the best way for people that are genuinely frustrated and want to get better in PVP as well as not getting kicked is to establish connections with other players and whatnot. If you have a mentor who knows you are actually trying to improve, not only will they stick by you and give you advice, but also tell their friends that are most likely also known to give you a chance because you really want to contribute. A lot of members in the community aren't as cutthroat so long as you extend a hand to them, letting others know you want to improve. If you have guidance you will get better much, much faster than queuing cs in solidarity. That's my 2 cents at least.

    If you know anyone in your class you look up to just give them a whisper in game. The BG discord also usually gives out advice(thought it can be chaotic sometimes with disagreements) but its a much better hub to obtain genuine information than the other class discords I've seen. That's my personal opinion at least.

    Its understandable that people are telling others to just queue cs for a long while, but if we are being honest that doesn't actually TEACH someone how to PVP. The best way to get better is duel in VO or IOD during queue down time or waiting between games, while watching some videos or constantly approaching others for advice, to duel you and watch their duels, and get tips. That really is the best way to learn not just ingame, but in life generally.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    PKP6TT3W4A wrote: »
    Since everyone wants to comment their two cents on the topic, I will as well. But before I start with kicking in BG's, I just want to make it known that although the pvp community is not as big as it was in the past, it's still active with at least one type of BG popping every day, whether it be CS, SH or 3's. This brings me to my point of PVP being an equal part of the game just like PVE is, although most of you don't see it. Many people are constantly queueing BG's every day because it's all they would prefer to do.

    Now addressing the kicking issue that many of you are complaining about, because by the sound of it, most of you seem to be casual PVE players who just want to do the event. There are a few reasons why people get kicked, at least in SH. The primary reason in which we all know is because someone is in PVE gear. No matter what you think, regardless of if it's just for the event, do NOT think you will get away with queueing in PVE gear. When someone queues with PVE gear, it usually leads your team to believe you have no idea what you're doing, in which 99.9% of the time they're probably right about that. You will be one shot if you play in PVE gear which means that the only thing you're doing for your team is consistently dying and not actually contributing. So expect to be kicked.

    The second reason is for having base PVP gear (Full +0) or anything below +6. It's appreciated that newer players are getting the PVP gear because it shows they're making an effort. However, base PVP gear is only slightly better than PVE gear and again, you will most likely be one shot. Anything below +6 makes it harder on the player and your team, because anything below that and you just take way too much damage. There's an exception to this though in that active PVP players who know their class well and the BG itself, can queue with +3 gear or higher and will be fine, because even though they won't be too useful in team fights, they will often play objectives in which they contribute a lot to the team. Now if you're not a PVP person and don't have that much experience, it's noticed. People don't mind you queueing as long as you have that +6 set so that you can manage yourself better in SH. Also with that, if you're not experienced but have the gear, don't try to fight other players if you don't know what you're doing. Play smart and cap, that way you're contributing more to your team.

    There are toxic people in the PVP community that may kick you just because they feel like it or because they've never seen your name before, but not everyone is "elitist" and will do that. There are a lot of good players out there who give you the benefit of the doubt and will give you a couple of chances. Just come with the right gear and be useful to your team. If you're one of those people who actually want to get into PVP and would like to fully progress to SH after this event is over, start with queueing CS a few times a day. Get the gear and the mats from the boxes that will allow you to enchant your gear up to +6. That alone isn't hard to do at all, but learning your class to a certain degree is. Put the effort in and ask people who play your class in PVP for help. There are good people out there who will take the time to show you.

    I didn't mention about people being kicked in CS because for the most part, people don't usually care what happens because you can't really control anything. People are either going to listen or not listen regardless of if someone was kicked or not. That and most PVP players usually queue with friends to make it more enjoyable. But primarily, it's a learning ground for new players who want to PVP in which I don't see much of an issue with this BG.

    As a PVP main that's active in the PVP community, I hate to hear when people consistently complain or cry about being kicked instead of understanding the reasons behind it. I also hate being generalized under a "toxic elitist" because I'm certainly not. I do have toxic moments but I'm usually an easy going, nice person and I don't mind helping people at all. Just know beforehand when going into a BG that just like how people care about their dungeons, PVP players care about their Battlegrounds.




    This was pretty much the exact same information you or someone like you posted in the other threads.

    Giving all of these reason why new players or players in PVE deserve to get kicked doesn't hurt their feelings any less. All I can add is that one day, you'll be on the end of the kicking. It's only a matter of time before someone gets mad at you and gets a band of people together to kick you continuously. I imagine that day you'll be here making a thread about it to.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah only when people AFK in CS it's not good for anyone involved more so if its an AFK leader big yikes. I do agree they should calm it down on shorehold though.
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Scarlacia wrote: »
    Or, and this might be crazy, People might actually care about winning this season and you showing up in your FM- HO gear is contributing LITERALLY nothing. TBCH I'd kick to and I don't even pvp anymore. This is like what the 16th-1000th ignorant comment of someone not understanding JUST LIKE PVE. YOU NEED TO HAVE SOME SENSE OF WHAT YOURE DOING AND PROPER GEAR. ITS NOT THE JOB OF YOUR TEAM TO BEND OVER BACKWARDS AND CARRY YOU. ITS YOUR JOB TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE TEAM AND DO YOUR BEST TO IN. THAT MEANS: PROPER SET UP, READING THE RULES OF THE GAME, AND TRYING TO ACTUALLY WIN INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING.

    That Caps lock though means you're complaining that's proof that You're taking this game too seriously... it's just a game
    PKP6TT3W4A wrote: »
    Now addressing the kicking issue that many of you are complaining about, because by the sound of it, most of you seem to be casual PVE players who just want to do the event. There are a few reasons why people get kicked, at least in SH. The primary reason in which we all know is because someone is in PVE gear. No matter what you think, regardless of if it's just for the event, do NOT think you will get away with queueing in PVE gear. When someone queues with PVE gear, it usually leads your team to believe you have no idea what you're doing, in which 99.9% of the time they're probably right about that. You will be one shot if you play in PVE gear which means that the only thing you're doing for your team is consistently dying and not actually contributing. So expect to be kicked.

    The second reason is for having base PVP gear (Full +0) or anything below +6. It's appreciated that newer players are getting the PVP gear because it shows they're making an effort. However, base PVP gear is only slightly better than PVE gear and again, you will most likely be one shot. Anything below +6 makes it harder on the player and your team, because anything below that and you just take way too much damage. There's an exception to this though in that active PVP players who know their class well and the BG itself, can queue with +3 gear or higher and will be fine, because even though they won't be too useful in team fights, they will often play objectives in which they contribute a lot to the team. Now if you're not a PVP person and don't have that much experience, it's noticed. People don't mind you queueing as long as you have that +6 set so that you can manage yourself better in SH. Also with that, if you're not experienced but have the gear, don't try to fight other players if you don't know what you're doing. Play smart and cap, that way you're contributing more to your team.

    There are toxic people in the PVP community that may kick you just because they feel like it or because they've never seen your name before, but not everyone is "elitist" and will do that. There are a lot of good players out there who give you the benefit of the doubt and will give you a couple of chances. Just come with the right gear and be useful to your team. If you're one of those people who actually want to get into PVP and would like to fully progress to SH after this event is over, start with queueing CS a few times a day. Get the gear and the mats from the boxes that will allow you to enchant your gear up to +6. That alone isn't hard to do at all, but learning your class to a certain degree is. Put the effort in and ask people who play your class in PVP for help. There are good people out there who will take the time to show you.

    I didn't mention about people being kicked in CS because for the most part, people don't usually care what happens because you can't really control anything. People are either going to listen or not listen regardless of if someone was kicked or not. That and most PVP players usually queue with friends to make it more enjoyable. But primarily, it's a learning ground for new players who want to PVP in which I don't see much of an issue with this BG.

    As a PVP main that's active in the PVP community, I hate to hear when people consistently complain or cry about being kicked instead of understanding the reasons behind it. I also hate being generalized under a "toxic elitist" because I'm certainly not. I do have toxic moments but I'm usually an easy going, nice person and I don't mind helping people at all. Just know beforehand when going into a BG that just like how people care about their dungeons, PVP players care about their Battlegrounds.

    Again that proves our point of players being too serious with their demands. They want to take the game too seriously then it's gonna cost them greatly.
  • VenakriVenakri ✭✭
    Is kicking in PVP the same as PVE? I mean, does it have to be unanimous? Can't you just take a friend and avoid being kicked? (Serious question, I haven't PVP'd since CS came out).
  • OurlordOurlord ✭✭
    if one healer disconect or leave is gg...
  • Christin wrote: »
    PKP6TT3W4A wrote: »
    Since everyone wants to comment their two cents on the topic, I will as well. But before I start with kicking in BG's, I just want to make it known that although the pvp community is not as big as it was in the past, it's still active with at least one type of BG popping every day, whether it be CS, SH or 3's. This brings me to my point of PVP being an equal part of the game just like PVE is, although most of you don't see it. Many people are constantly queueing BG's every day because it's all they would prefer to do.

    Now addressing the kicking issue that many of you are complaining about, because by the sound of it, most of you seem to be casual PVE players who just want to do the event. There are a few reasons why people get kicked, at least in SH. The primary reason in which we all know is because someone is in PVE gear. No matter what you think, regardless of if it's just for the event, do NOT think you will get away with queueing in PVE gear. When someone queues with PVE gear, it usually leads your team to believe you have no idea what you're doing, in which 99.9% of the time they're probably right about that. You will be one shot if you play in PVE gear which means that the only thing you're doing for your team is consistently dying and not actually contributing. So expect to be kicked.

    The second reason is for having base PVP gear (Full +0) or anything below +6. It's appreciated that newer players are getting the PVP gear because it shows they're making an effort. However, base PVP gear is only slightly better than PVE gear and again, you will most likely be one shot. Anything below +6 makes it harder on the player and your team, because anything below that and you just take way too much damage. There's an exception to this though in that active PVP players who know their class well and the BG itself, can queue with +3 gear or higher and will be fine, because even though they won't be too useful in team fights, they will often play objectives in which they contribute a lot to the team. Now if you're not a PVP person and don't have that much experience, it's noticed. People don't mind you queueing as long as you have that +6 set so that you can manage yourself better in SH. Also with that, if you're not experienced but have the gear, don't try to fight other players if you don't know what you're doing. Play smart and cap, that way you're contributing more to your team.

    There are toxic people in the PVP community that may kick you just because they feel like it or because they've never seen your name before, but not everyone is "elitist" and will do that. There are a lot of good players out there who give you the benefit of the doubt and will give you a couple of chances. Just come with the right gear and be useful to your team. If you're one of those people who actually want to get into PVP and would like to fully progress to SH after this event is over, start with queueing CS a few times a day. Get the gear and the mats from the boxes that will allow you to enchant your gear up to +6. That alone isn't hard to do at all, but learning your class to a certain degree is. Put the effort in and ask people who play your class in PVP for help. There are good people out there who will take the time to show you.

    I didn't mention about people being kicked in CS because for the most part, people don't usually care what happens because you can't really control anything. People are either going to listen or not listen regardless of if someone was kicked or not. That and most PVP players usually queue with friends to make it more enjoyable. But primarily, it's a learning ground for new players who want to PVP in which I don't see much of an issue with this BG.

    As a PVP main that's active in the PVP community, I hate to hear when people consistently complain or cry about being kicked instead of understanding the reasons behind it. I also hate being generalized under a "toxic elitist" because I'm certainly not. I do have toxic moments but I'm usually an easy going, nice person and I don't mind helping people at all. Just know beforehand when going into a BG that just like how people care about their dungeons, PVP players care about their Battlegrounds.




    This was pretty much the exact same information you or someone like you posted in the other threads.

    Giving all of these reason why new players or players in PVE deserve to get kicked doesn't hurt their feelings any less. All I can add is that one day, you'll be on the end of the kicking. It's only a matter of time before someone gets mad at you and gets a band of people together to kick you continuously. I imagine that day you'll be here making a thread about it to.

    Okay no where did I say these were reasons why PVE players are deserving of kicks. I said these were the reasons behind why people get kicked. Don't twist my words. Instead of skimming my post, actually read and see that my post was in no way negative. I see you as one of the main people who comments on these posts because you're the most butt hurt. Read my post fully and take the advice.

    Also, I've been kicked before. It happens. But I don't make a forum post crying about it. Just like I said in my post, come prepared and just requeue.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    PKP6TT3W4A wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    PKP6TT3W4A wrote: »
    Since everyone wants to comment their two cents on the topic, I will as well. But before I start with kicking in BG's, I just want to make it known that although the pvp community is not as big as it was in the past, it's still active with at least one type of BG popping every day, whether it be CS, SH or 3's. This brings me to my point of PVP being an equal part of the game just like PVE is, although most of you don't see it. Many people are constantly queueing BG's every day because it's all they would prefer to do.

    Now addressing the kicking issue that many of you are complaining about, because by the sound of it, most of you seem to be casual PVE players who just want to do the event. There are a few reasons why people get kicked, at least in SH. The primary reason in which we all know is because someone is in PVE gear. No matter what you think, regardless of if it's just for the event, do NOT think you will get away with queueing in PVE gear. When someone queues with PVE gear, it usually leads your team to believe you have no idea what you're doing, in which 99.9% of the time they're probably right about that. You will be one shot if you play in PVE gear which means that the only thing you're doing for your team is consistently dying and not actually contributing. So expect to be kicked.

    The second reason is for having base PVP gear (Full +0) or anything below +6. It's appreciated that newer players are getting the PVP gear because it shows they're making an effort. However, base PVP gear is only slightly better than PVE gear and again, you will most likely be one shot. Anything below +6 makes it harder on the player and your team, because anything below that and you just take way too much damage. There's an exception to this though in that active PVP players who know their class well and the BG itself, can queue with +3 gear or higher and will be fine, because even though they won't be too useful in team fights, they will often play objectives in which they contribute a lot to the team. Now if you're not a PVP person and don't have that much experience, it's noticed. People don't mind you queueing as long as you have that +6 set so that you can manage yourself better in SH. Also with that, if you're not experienced but have the gear, don't try to fight other players if you don't know what you're doing. Play smart and cap, that way you're contributing more to your team.

    There are toxic people in the PVP community that may kick you just because they feel like it or because they've never seen your name before, but not everyone is "elitist" and will do that. There are a lot of good players out there who give you the benefit of the doubt and will give you a couple of chances. Just come with the right gear and be useful to your team. If you're one of those people who actually want to get into PVP and would like to fully progress to SH after this event is over, start with queueing CS a few times a day. Get the gear and the mats from the boxes that will allow you to enchant your gear up to +6. That alone isn't hard to do at all, but learning your class to a certain degree is. Put the effort in and ask people who play your class in PVP for help. There are good people out there who will take the time to show you.

    I didn't mention about people being kicked in CS because for the most part, people don't usually care what happens because you can't really control anything. People are either going to listen or not listen regardless of if someone was kicked or not. That and most PVP players usually queue with friends to make it more enjoyable. But primarily, it's a learning ground for new players who want to PVP in which I don't see much of an issue with this BG.

    As a PVP main that's active in the PVP community, I hate to hear when people consistently complain or cry about being kicked instead of understanding the reasons behind it. I also hate being generalized under a "toxic elitist" because I'm certainly not. I do have toxic moments but I'm usually an easy going, nice person and I don't mind helping people at all. Just know beforehand when going into a BG that just like how people care about their dungeons, PVP players care about their Battlegrounds.




    This was pretty much the exact same information you or someone like you posted in the other threads.

    Giving all of these reason why new players or players in PVE deserve to get kicked doesn't hurt their feelings any less. All I can add is that one day, you'll be on the end of the kicking. It's only a matter of time before someone gets mad at you and gets a band of people together to kick you continuously. I imagine that day you'll be here making a thread about it to.

    Okay no where did I say these were reasons why PVE players are deserving of kicks. I said these were the reasons behind why people get kicked. Don't twist my words. Instead of skimming my post, actually read and see that my post was in no way negative. I see you as one of the main people who comments on these posts because you're the most butt hurt. Read my post fully and take the advice.

    Also, I've been kicked before. It happens. But I don't make a forum post crying about it. Just like I said in my post, come prepared and just requeue.

    Yeah, you're right. I didn't read all of your post, because it's the same junk we've seen before. Why would I waste my time reading a full page of the same bs over and over? Yes, I am really butt hurt as I don't pvp, but whatever you say.

    Giving reasons on why people are getting kicked is the same as justifying it. You can't give reasons for kicks while stating you're not justifying the kicks. Look up "justification," and while you're at it, stop being so arrogant and get over yourself. Yeah, don't make a post crying on why you got kicked, just go make a post crying on why SH won't pop. smh
Sign In or Register to comment.