Field bosses and the awesome last hit gets loot system

Comments

• well one thing is sure I was at bams and people ingame using general chat are PUBLIC ALLY casually talking about it. It went something like this:

Joe "Hey you guys are using the (thing I wont name here since its against forum rules) right? let me have a copy"

Bob "Uhh I'm not sure this is for my guild or friends"

Joe"what wouild it take to give me it? I wont share it cmon"

Bob"lmao yeah its pretty broken oh right"

See people are just slowly sharing it and spreading it around. The thing is most people who regularly attend won't report such things, especially if they also want it for themselves. Pretty soon it will be a very public, everyone has, sort of deal. Kinda like SP.

Then we transition to most people can't living w/o it for "balance" and when EME finally decides to implement a good fix, they all threaten to quit the game due to the tyranny and unfairness of the devs. And then EME will discuss that they will allow it just like SP.

You all think I'm crazy, but this cycle has been repeated for many other times. The more staff lays low, the more general and normalized this will become. Soon its just going to be 90% people have it, and if you don't sucks for you, you choose to play with a disadvantage. Cmon guys this has happened to many times, the past repeats itself and I am worried and scared and terrified.
  • Emeris6Emeris6 ✭✭
    Atvaark wrote: »
    well, the funny thing about this mod is that you don't need it. simply because if you're not blind, you can see the 50 people around you pop their stuff before it dies, sooo... just pop your own when you see that!

That's how I killed Cerrus for my halidom ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Concepcion30Concepcion30 ✭✭✭
    What I got from this thread is the reason for EmE's inaction against these cheaters (the fishing bots and the one's who can see the bosses HP) is because they are doing it clientside and EmE has no way to prove that the cheaters are indeed cheating?

Just one question, how did Gameforge manage to figure it out. From the thread in the link below I gathered they banned a lot of people that were fish botting. It is absolutely rampant here. I was sandwiched between two level 70 fishing bots earlier, both with tier 8 rods and 410 ilvl schisma and misery gear. One obvious red flag is that they practically instant reel which is not possible with a tier 8 rod. Why isn't evidence like that enough?

https://board.tera.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/75975-players-whom-got-banned-because-of-fishing/&pageNo=2
  • What I got from this thread is the reason for EmE's inaction against these cheaters (the fishing bots and the one's who can see the bosses HP) is because they are doing it clientside and EmE has no way to prove that the cheaters are indeed cheating?

Just one question, how did Gameforge manage to figure it out. From the thread in the link below I gathered they banned a lot of people that were fish botting. It is absolutely rampant here. I was sandwiched between two level 70 fishing bots earlier, both with tier 8 rods and 410 ilvl schisma and misery gear. One obvious red flag is that they practically instant reel which is not possible with a tier 8 rod. Why isn't evidence like that enough?

I think it's actually the opposite. EME has also banned fishing bots, though that doesn't mean they've got them all. This is something they can demonstrate with server-side data.

The issue this thread was talking about is a bit harder to detect in that way.

• fromsector7fromsector7 ✭✭✭
    edited May 26
    remove the wbam ..problem solved.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    edited May 26
    like if running dungeons was a decent way of getting exp, and how do you know they didnt run "enough"?
    maybe that lvl 70 was killing basis with party? like if fishing was anything near worth at all unless you have a t8 rod...

lets not start witch hunts.
  • This is not entirely on topic but somewhat related..

I saw some days ago a level 70 character with minimal dungeon runs and not entirely excellent gear.. While i am still at level 69 after countless Ilvl450+ dungeon clears and thousands of Basilisk/Murderwings killed...

Great feeling.

Long live the fish bots.

Are you using 3rd party tools to figure out how many clears they have? *giggles*

Also just to clarify, with a max rod and whisker you get 0.3 to 0.5% per hour depending on your level (100-120m xp/hour) which is equal to like 100-120 basilisks and any decent player can farm 1000-1500 basilisks an hour, so saying people are going from 65 to 70 by just fishing is just dumb and unrealistic since it would take several weeks to get all the xp needed, assuming that you can literally afk fish 24/7
  • ViennoiserieViennoiserie ✭✭✭
    It is dumb, but people are doing it. You just need to see it to believe it.
    That fish bot mod lets people fish for unlimited amount of time since it manually fishes for you (including BAFs), dismantles fish to fillet, craft baits from fillet, bank fillets, etc.
    It basically plays the game for you and you can leave it on for as long as you want..maybe not 24/7 since we have maintenance. But with that kind of ability, they earn exp easily and it's not as mind-numbing as grinding basilisks.
    It's aggravating that they (mEME) don't do anything about it.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope the GM's are smart enough to think "hmm, that character that has been actively fishing for 48 hours straight probably isn't controlled by a real person" but who knows.
  • 66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    I hope the GM's are smart enough to think "hmm, that character that has been actively fishing for 48 hours straight probably isn't controlled by a real person" but who knows.

They have actually banned people for using these fishing bots, as it's against the TOS (as are all other unattended bot scripts). They haven't gotten everyone obviously, but they do ban them. If you see obvious examples, I would report them.
  • SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    > @DrDeathDefying said:
    > Are you using 3rd party tools to figure out how many clears they have? *giggles*
    >
    > Also just to clarify, with a max rod and whisker you get 0.3 to 0.5% per hour depending on your level (100-120m xp/hour) which is equal to like 100-120 basilisks and any decent player can farm 1000-1500 basilisks an hour, so saying people are going from 65 to 70 by just fishing is just dumb and unrealistic since it would take several weeks to get all the xp needed, assuming that you can literally afk fish 24/7

You can literally inspect someone and figure out whether they are a rookie or skilled in any end-game dungeon.

Also, you're talking about legit fishing; it's pretty well known that fishbots aren't constrained by any of these time limits.
  • Concepcion30Concepcion30 ✭✭✭
    This is not entirely on topic but somewhat related..

I saw some days ago a level 70 character with minimal dungeon runs and not entirely excellent gear.. While i am still at level 69 after countless Ilvl450+ dungeon clears and thousands of Basilisk/Murderwings killed...

Great feeling.

Long live the fish bots.

Are you using 3rd party tools to figure out how many clears they have? *giggles*

Also just to clarify, with a max rod and whisker you get 0.3 to 0.5% per hour depending on your level (100-120m xp/hour) which is equal to like 100-120 basilisks and any decent player can farm 1000-1500 basilisks an hour, so saying people are going from 65 to 70 by just fishing is just dumb and unrealistic since it would take several weeks to get all the xp needed, assuming that you can literally afk fish 24/7

You're right, no one fishing legitimately is going to level that way in any reasonable amount of time. The two bots I noticed were level 70 with 410 and 386 ilvl, Misery and Schisma gear. They had tier 8 rods and would instant reel as soon as fish took the bait. And the icon next to their names indicated they were both maxed in processing, as you would see them stop fishing and start to make bait before rinsing and repeating.

The thing that shocked me is that they were in channel 2 of Vexatus Swamp fishery right at the main fishing spot. So they weren't even trying to hide, it's like they were flaunting the fact that they were cheating.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    edited May 27
    i honestly feel my game less harmed by fishing bots, that just kinda exist and are there on their own, and more instead by people using cheats to read field bams hp and ks your boss and your loot in a plain unfair system that encourages toxic behaviours.
    but if you want to derail the topic further by mentioning an issue that is mostly irrelevant for your progression personally while ignoring a real problem that actually prevents you from getting a certain kind of item just bc you are annoyed by people slacking on exp farm, your choice: just, you are not helping it at all.

like if in your city you had problems with massive robbery and all you would complain about is ppl jumping on the line at the supermarket lol
    yes it is somehow annoying, but honestly i couldnt care less, and it is not even the topic theme.
    ...like if getting to lvl 70 was the real deal here and we had no other problem in the world, would be nice if it was like that lol

sorry for being "rude" but i did open the topic to talk about something else.