Field bosses and the awesome last hit gets loot system

124»

Comments

  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    When you compare achievements with a level 70 character that has been fishing in the same spot for over 24 hours and you see they don't even have the achievement for spending 1 EP, you know they are not a real player. EME wake up please.
  • Serenade wrote: »
    > @DrDeathDefying said:
    > Are you using 3rd party tools to figure out how many clears they have? *giggles*
    >
    > Also just to clarify, with a max rod and whisker you get 0.3 to 0.5% per hour depending on your level (100-120m xp/hour) which is equal to like 100-120 basilisks and any decent player can farm 1000-1500 basilisks an hour, so saying people are going from 65 to 70 by just fishing is just dumb and unrealistic since it would take several weeks to get all the xp needed, assuming that you can literally afk fish 24/7

    You can literally inspect someone and figure out whether they are a rookie or skilled in any end-game dungeon.

    Also, you're talking about legit fishing; it's pretty well known that fishbots aren't constrained by any of these time limits.

    No I'm talking about bot fishing. You know that they don't fish instantly right? They still take (somewhat) the same amount of time a legit fisher takes but obviously without any effort, people using a more exploity bot fisher, which reduces the fishing time have been banned already since its hella obvious. My point being the XP gotten with MAX rod/whisker is minimal. Every 10 to 15 hours fishing equals to one hour of basilisks
  • Serenade wrote: »
    > @DrDeathDefying said:
    > Are you using 3rd party tools to figure out how many clears they have? *giggles*
    >
    > Also just to clarify, with a max rod and whisker you get 0.3 to 0.5% per hour depending on your level (100-120m xp/hour) which is equal to like 100-120 basilisks and any decent player can farm 1000-1500 basilisks an hour, so saying people are going from 65 to 70 by just fishing is just dumb and unrealistic since it would take several weeks to get all the xp needed, assuming that you can literally afk fish 24/7

    You can literally inspect someone and figure out whether they are a rookie or skilled in any end-game dungeon.

    Also, you're talking about legit fishing; it's pretty well known that fishbots aren't constrained by any of these time limits.
    You know that they don't fish instantly right? They still take (somewhat) the same amount of time a legit fisher takes but obviously without any effort, people using a more exploity bot fisher, which reduces the fishing time have been banned already since its hella obvious.

    Why did I see 5 of them today then? They fish the normal time when they cast depending on their whiskers, but they are still instant reeling with high tier rods, that reduces the time drastically.
  • NilkemiosNilkemios ✭✭
    Back towards the actual topic....the new field/world bosses should not have been implemented like this. It makes no sense to make a boss strong enough to require a few parties to a raid's worth of people to defeat, yet rewards only one person...whoever gets the last hit, no less, meaning that whoever gets it doesn't even have to put in any effort until the end anyways...especially if they are hacking/modding to see the HP anyways, which wouldn't be surprising as the boss design pretty much encourages it if you want to get anything out of it. In a time where even BDO and plenty of other MMOs know to have world/field bosses give loot to everyone that takes part, there's no excuse for this. Whoever designed these bosses should've either been sent back for a do-over, demoted so they can't make bed decisions like this, or just fired for incompetence/malice.
  • ThemelonThemelon ✭✭
    Just commenting in general, this is just a slippery slope. Once you allow something and don't regulate it, things churn out to be more and more extreme. Regarding patch, I don't know how many things actually get changed by the player council feedback, but there's great ideas with this patch along with very bad ideas. As voiced by many players in this thread, most people don't even bother with some of the patch content simply because it's not accessible. The last hit bams favors players with high skill and gear along with the tools they could use. It's very unfortunate that the most harmful things that players use aren't obvious or actionable. It's a challenge I guess any company would face, but nothing that can't be mitigated or fixed given enough time and effort. Welp only thing we as players can do is wait and see.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone fighting the boss that does at least 20% damage should reap a benefit. That's really the only fair way to do it. Stop making people fight against other players for everything. Encourage people to work together rather than against each other.
  • AtvaarkAtvaark ✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    Everyone fighting the boss that does at least 20% damage should reap a benefit. That's really the only fair way to do it. Stop making people fight against other players for everything. Encourage people to work together rather than against each other.

    While i can see your point, that sort of screws over tanks and healers.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atvaark wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    Everyone fighting the boss that does at least 20% damage should reap a benefit. That's really the only fair way to do it. Stop making people fight against other players for everything. Encourage people to work together rather than against each other.

    While i can see your point, that sort of screws over tanks and healers.

    Then make it so that you actually need to be in a party/raid and include a contribution meter like for Legion missions.
  • edited May 30
    Nilkemios wrote: »
    Back towards the actual topic....the new field/world bosses should not have been implemented like this. It makes no sense to make a boss strong enough to require a few parties to a raid's worth of people to defeat, yet rewards only one person...whoever gets the last hit, no less, meaning that whoever gets it doesn't even have to put in any effort until the end anyways...especially if they are hacking/modding to see the HP anyways, which wouldn't be surprising as the boss design pretty much encourages it if you want to get anything out of it. In a time where even BDO and plenty of other MMOs know to have world/field bosses give loot to everyone that takes part, there's no excuse for this. Whoever designed these bosses should've either been sent back for a do-over, demoted so they can't make bed decisions like this, or just fired for incompetence/malice.

    Lol bed decisions.
    In all seriousness, I agree. Hell even if you made these guys drop tokens that could be exchanged for the golds or blues if you had acquired enough would be good. The amount you would get would be based off dps but everyone would at least get one or more at different thresholds, lower thresholds for tanks and healers accordingly.
    Edit:changed mistake dps to healers.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    i mean, tanks maybe have an use for it if they are going for more dps, but healers just have no need for halidom/relics unless they wanna be super min-max... it is dps stuff, so it shouldnt be targeted to them.
    halidom/relics dont even give ilvl so for them it shall be w/e, same for pets, they have some useful side effects but just what is a priest supposed to do with a 40 power buff?
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30
    The halidoms/relics give you more health and endurance, so it's about as useful for healers as any other gear upgrade.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    i mean, its like 14k hp on gold one and some random endurance at best, not really as much as a priority for healers as it is the ton of power you get as dps
Sign In or Register to comment.