[PS4/XB1] We will be entering maintenance on 08/19 at 7pm, and expect a downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Punishment for upgrading our fishing poles.

Why can't we manually fish with upgraded fishing poles? I am now punished for playing the game, which I didn't think was the point of fishing. If we upgrade our poles, it shouldn't still be exponentially harder to catch the fish.I paid a lot for the upgrades only to have to pole pretty much useless for manual fishing. I can't have my computer on 24 hours to even be able to catch enough fish to hand in as an elite player. BHS has made it pretty much impossible to manually fish even if we have Xermetal rods. I get that the fish are better, but still, I thought EME and BHS would want to reward people for actually playing and trying to catch their own fish. With this current method, I have to auto fish if I want the better fish or invest in another rod for manual fishing which I've done (of course those fish are worse, so I am punished for manual fishing over afk fishing). Why encourage people to afk over actually playing the game or manually fish? It doesn't make much sense.

Yes, I know there is fish salad that helps to, but at around 600 gold for only 30 minutes, it really only helps those really high level fisher people. It's not worth the time to farm for veridia root and the cost to make it buying the mats is more than it's sold. Either way, it's ridiculous to make fishing so hard for even lower level rods. My rod is only level 5, and I'm already having a super though time fishing without salad. It's better to manually fish with a level 3 rod where I know for sure I can reel in the fish without wasting bait. Either way, I am severely punished for manual fishing over being totally afk from the game.

Comments

• DXMDXM ✭✭
    I have Xermetal Rod VIII and have no issues manual fishing using keyboard or controller without salad. You just need to get used to the rhythm since every catch is pretty similar.
  • You probably have issues catching BaFs too, that was me when fishing first started, I couldn't catch them even with fish salad 'cause I hadn't learned how to reel properly. Once you do it will be a piece of cake. I have a tier 8 rod and reeling is definitely much slower than with a tier 5, but eventually you get used to it.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    if you're manually fishing with a high level rod then the extra fish you get from using fish salad will probably more than compensate for the cost

only an issue if you're semi-afk and occasionally decide to reel in a fish manually
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am really noticing that to. I'd like to continue to upgrade my rod, but it's pretty scary. At least I do have a fallback rod just in case. I do normally afk. I can seem to manually fish now on my level 5 (lots of practice last night). It's expensive, but yeah, I'd like to get it to at least level VI. If I get out of practice again, I can just fallback onthe good ol level 3. Once I have some time, I can just make some salads to.

It's just pretty tough as my fps are low, and that also makes it tough to manually fish. I just wish they didn't make it so tough as we are dumping loads of gold into each rod upgrade we do. Dumping loads of gold only to make the fishing harder for ourselves seems like a serious drawback.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    higher tier fish = more fillets/tokens = more time saved = more "difficult" as it should be...

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    higher tier fish = more fillets/tokens = more time saved = more "difficult" as it should be...

Yeah, but they don't have to make it nearly impossible to manually fish either.

No problem. Won't bother with elite and won't bother manually fishing anymore. Done deal. Not like it's much fun anyways.

And yes, I expect you to flame all of my posts now seeing you got embarrassed on global. Not my job to defend you, so suck it up buttercup.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    it's not impossible to manually fish though. As many people have said, there's a pattern to it; maybe you should take some time trying? Not everything has to be handed to you lol

If you don't like it....then don't do it....

I'm not flaming, I'm just stating the obvious fact that if something has a better reward and is more efficient (IE more tokens/fillets/exp) then it SHOULD be more "difficult".

Also, how was I even embarrassed on global lol
  • I just upgraded my Xermetal rod to level 5. Not a single issue manually fishing. My GM has a level 6 Xermetal, again no issues.
    We also catch 30+ BAF a day for turn in's.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang on, what do you mean you "can't manually fish"? As in, there's something actively preventing you from being able to do so? Like many, I don't understand your complaint.

Fishing is not hard at all. As others have said, once you understand the patterns (and it's a relatively simple pattern), each fish should only take approximately 30 secs if you're catching them manually, and that's with no upgrades whatsoever.
  • Why wouldn't you use the fish you catch to learn to cook and then craft your own fish salad? It's much more cost effective that way and it makes fishing so much easier.

• SageWindu wrote: »
    Fishing is not hard at all. As others have said, once you understand the patterns (and it's a relatively simple pattern), each fish should only take approximately 30 secs if you're catching them manually, and that's with no upgrades whatsoever.

The OP is referring to the fact that the higher level your rod the longer it takes to reel and the stronger the fish pulls. Lower level rod fishing is faceroll really. And I personally think using fish salad is a waste unless you are planning to catch BaFs.

• The OP is referring to the fact that the higher level your rod the longer it takes to reel and the stronger the fish pulls.

I'm not seeing much of a difference in time to catch fish of a higher grade, but my rod is only level 5.

• 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30
    The box gets smaller but as long as you can keep it in the box I don't think the time to catch changes. Anyway if someone is having trouble manually fishing a normal fish maybe try moving to a channel or area with fewer people so you have a better framerate.
  • KrystalineKrystaline ✭✭
    edited May 30
    And I personally think using fish salad is a waste unless you are planning to catch BaFs.

Since OP's complaint is that manual fishing is harder than afk fishing with higher tier rods, I'd assume fishing manually for BAFs is the plan here.