Fishing is true end game?

Fishing has ruined Tera Online. There are so many scripters using the fishing scripts and they are not being punished for it. The script dismantles the fish you catch, makes your bait and also sell them to the merchant. How is this not broken? Just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean its right.

Comments

• DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    When will you realised that scripters are everywhere?
  • Concepcion30Concepcion30 ✭✭✭
    AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
    How is this not broken? Just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean its right.

And I think that is the problem, too many are doing it. At any hour of the day, all you have to do is cycle through the various channels at the fishing spots and you'll find several fishing bots. Not all of them are gimply geared, I saw a level 70 with 460 ilvl botting. Someone like that has likely bought a lot of EMP in the past to get to that point. I don't expect EME to cut off a body part to spite themselves, not if some of these people are keeping their lights turned on.

I would never adopt 'if you can't beat em join em' shtick, because wrong is wrong.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
    How is this not broken? Just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean its right.

And I think that is the problem, too many are doing it. At any hour of the day, all you have to do is cycle through the various channels at the fishing spots and you'll find several fishing bots. Not all of them are gimply geared, I saw a level 70 with 460 ilvl botting. Someone like that has likely bought a lot of EMP in the past to get to that point. I don't expect EME to cut off a body part to spite themselves, not if some of these people are keeping their lights turned on.

I would never adopt 'if you can't beat em join em' shtick, because wrong is wrong.

It's not just 1, I know many guys that have like 10+ fish bot farm. A lot of veterans have huge stash of gold too from broken predictable events that destroyed the game economy in the past or have no life and farm 24/7. They can't get banned either because they will lose a lot of swipe customers.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Ban them anyway, 9 out of 10 of them will just restart from scratch.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited June 1
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    Ban them anyway, 9 out of 10 of them will just restart from scratch.

They will just unban them again and apologize like what happened when they block broxy. Because no one will be around anymore.
  • They have already banned people using these fishing bots before, and I don't see why they wouldn't do it again. At least, it is definitely a ban-worthy offense in this region. I will ask about the status of banning the next round of players using it.
  • fromsector7fromsector7 ✭✭✭
    solution : keep the npc away much more and active pvp in fishing zone
  • Just dish out temporary bans with a warning of a permanent ban and watch them flee like the cockroaches. Can't kill them all but you can at least do something.
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    edited June 2
    how exactly did fishing ruin tera online?
    i actually fail to see any possible link between people afk fishing all day on their own and game becoming more and more grindy to ridiculous lvls... but yeah, i guess you need to put the fault on someone that is obvious and easier to attack than the true culprits.
    nothing will be better even if all the afk fishers get banned tomorrow lol actually, game would be just a bit more dead.

not saying that "it is all ok, let em do as they please" but you are just curing the symptoms and ignoring the actual disease, then again punishing players, not different from what they did with you-know-what, since someone mentioned it: its not afk fishers killing the game, but the situation that made em possible to act that way/forced em to.

ik its easier to rant and flip the table over nonsenses while true problems just get no answer at all, but please, the expressions (cockraches, kill em all etc) you using there to describe ppl not dmging you in any possible way are just so freaking sad lol
    i actually believe (well, no need to believe, it is true lol) people playing the broker and hoarding gold and materials *in a perfectly ethical way* are damaging the game in a way more obnoxious and deep way than those fisher bots are doing, but yeah, keep pointing the finger to each other in this poors war lol you just doing the ppl milking the dying cow a favor.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    No one was "forced" to use third party programs to run fish bots, lol
  • gheneaghenea ✭✭
    edited June 2
    is that really the only part of my post that got you startled?
    then the situation is even sadder.

i am not saying they are all ok and to just let it be, i am saying if they are able to or feel the need to round up some exp by botting, that is krafton fault: to counter lvl 70 "professional" fisher bots that just do it for the money/have different accounts to farm all day, all you need to do is removing that 10g value from fishing crate design, so that they wont be able to convert their 50+k stacks of angler tokens to gold.
    idk why that is even a thing in first place.
    those are the same ppl manually editing the magical scripts you talk about without actually knowing how they work, to get artificial speed and unnatural fishing times, also the easier to detect and ban.

meanwhile...
    about ppl with low tier rods that just bot for that extra exp gain they get from the time they cant possibly play, i honestly dont feel like attacking em and i can totally understand their reasons: not playing the advocate of the devil cause there is no devil here, beside those greedy people i mentioned a few lines above that plain abuse the system with multiple bots and no fishing time.
    you wanna know some numbers? since ppl sound like they dont actually know, i did some math.

how much you get with a bot and a tier V/VI rod? 0.30% exp at lvl 67, 0.20% exp at lvl 68, 0.10% at lvl 69 *per hour* and 20k worth of tokens in like, 2 days of non-stop botting.
    not justifying them, but honestly its like sentencing people to death penality for stealing an apple, that is what you are asking for there.
  • Not everyone who's afk fishing is botting. I've had a lot to do around the garden/house today and also want to level up processing, so I've been afk fishing all day while checking my bags every couple of hours to dismantle fish when I'm out of room and grab new bait out of storage. I'm sure there are plenty of others like me.
  • Concepcion30Concepcion30 ✭✭✭
    ghenea wrote: »
    not justifying them, but honestly its like sentencing people to death penality for stealing an apple, that is what you are asking for there.

I was waiting for someone to actually come and defend the botters, I guess you're it. I suppose someone who steals a candy bar shouldn't be sentenced to a maximum security prison. Because it's not like stealing is stealing, whether or not it's small potatoes like a candy bar or a big deal like a ponzi scheme.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghenea wrote: »

I was waiting for someone to actually come and defend the botters, I guess you're it. I suppose someone who steals a candy bar shouldn't be sentenced to a maximum security prison. Because it's not like stealing is stealing, whether or not it's small potatoes like a candy bar or a big deal like a ponzi scheme.

That's not really a sound counterargument. Stealing money from thousands of people is several orders of magnitude higher than getting caught strong-arming a Milky Way from the local Costco. Yes, stealing is stealing, but there are stages to it - there's a reason why the latter will usually get you a stern talking to while the former can lead to spending the rest of your life in prison.
    Krystaline wrote: »
    Not everyone who's afk fishing is botting. I've had a lot to do around the garden/house today and also want to level up processing, so I've been afk fishing all day while checking my bags every couple of hours to dismantle fish when I'm out of room and grab new bait out of storage. I'm sure there are plenty of others like me.

Agreed. I like to play other games in the interim, so I'll park my fisherwoman at one of the spots, fire up another game and enjoy myself. This almost seems like people getting upset of taking advantage of an in-game option.
  • AMFKKM74E7AMFKKM74E7 ✭✭
    edited June 3
    The in-game option catches 1 fish every 3 minutes as opposed to a person using a fishing script which catches 2 fish every minute. With the script you can catch up to 1500-2500 fish a day since it dismantles the fish and makes the bait for you.
This discussion has been closed.